Cine.nice and new no more politics.

#1 by Tom Photiou , Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:03 am

I think after all this eu stuff i should start up a new thread for film.
I think we all blew off a bit of steam there for a moment,
During the next week i shall be starting the viewing of three of our features, Grease, Terminator 2 and Romancing the stone, hopefully this will take away all those eu blues forever. As well as give me and my family something to look forward to.

The following members like this: Panayotis Carayannis and Vidar Olavesen
Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 545

RE: Cine.nice and new no more politics.

#2 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:05 am

You're a lucky man to own all three of those features Tom!

Douglas Warren

#3 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:05 am

I don't like the other films but TERMINATOR 2 might just do it for me there even though I
am not to keen on that one either.

David Hardy

#4 by Tom Photiou , Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:10 am

thank you Doug, although the T2" feature is top notch it does have a minor fault toward the end of the last reel, around five minutes before the end it does go in and out of focus,(the out of focus bits cannot be focused), it last for around two or three minutes so i did get it for !70 many years ago so i can certainly live with it, but other than this and a small black occasional line to the right it is top notch. I remember also i was going to return it because of the fault but i am pleased i didn't as i never see this title come up.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 545

#5 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:10 am

Oh he's a secretive little bugger is Tom, our Doug, bet he has a positive Aladdin's bloody cave of stuff that he keeps quiet on,
this the man who was going to pack in........like hell.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#6 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:11 am

My ex-wife loved musicals and "Grease" was one of her favorites. I saw it so often with her that some of the songs grew on me. Terminator 2 (excellent sequel) and Romancing the Stone are both (in my opinion) great action films.

Douglas Warren

#7 by Tom Photiou , Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:16 am

These are certainly three of my biggies, looking at them tonight whilst talking to my Brother kind of made me think, he can sell his but i dont think i could let these go, musicals are an odd one for me, ive been buying some odds and ends lately for the Mrs, top hat 600 footer, diamonds are a girls best friend excerpt, recently Thats dancing parts four and five, then i found pt 2 and now pt 1, ,the westside extracts, sound of music full feature, and many more, two years ago all i had was Saturday night fever 3 400s. What the heck am i turning into, mind you it keeps the wife's love of the hobby in there to. She loves them.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 545

Last edited 06.24.2016 | Top

#8 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:18 am

Now Hugh you know I'm still holding on to my six copies of "Star Wars", full feature,scope (and stereo) in Super-8. Then there's my three copies of " Close Encounters of the Third Kind" in a similar format, with the film cans signed by Spielberg.

Douglas Warren

#9 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:19 am

Tom has superb collection of films from all accounts, his collection over more than 35 years in the hobby that i am aware of, would be the envy of many!

I doubt Tom could ever turn his back on the treasured memories he will have from running these films, I know I couldn't part with what he has anyhow!!

Your wife Tom,just like Hugh's, has impeccable taste in film!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:22 am | Top

#10 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:21 am

Tom, go for it, but be careful my son, you aren't starting to walk funny or jumping on furniture and bursting into song, it is something
to be careful about, in public, not recommended.

Tom Photiou likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott

#11 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:25 am

Especially after too many screenings of Seven Brides....!

Improves your 80's breakdance skills though Tom at your offsprings wedding, come the time, with all those practice back flips etc ha ha.
Dad dancing never looked so good!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:29 am | Top

#12 by Tom Photiou , Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:27 am

only sing into the comb in the film room when im on my own Hugh,
I've just realised i still havnt put up any of our own home made film set during the war yet. I shall get that done soon and let you all have a laugh.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 545

#13 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:01 am

My better half just mumbles when Simon, our postman drops off another parcel.I have to say, my Susan has put many films in
the collection, God love her.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:11 am | Top

#14 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:10 am

My good lady doesn't get it at all but saying that she's very tolerant when it comes to buying films. You have three absolute crackers there Tom and if you remember when I said there are some bargains to be had out there, you already have one £70 for T2 WOW.

Del Phillipson

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Severe sanity check now required

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor