Future Film Buff

#1 by Michael Lattavo , Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:28 pm

My 3 year old loves playing with my rewinds, and is very good about following my rule that he can only use empty reels without any film on them. Last night I let him help me repair some sprocket damage, he was so proud to be working with real film on the reel!

Attached pictures:
Luca1-1.jpg   Luca3.jpg  

The following members like this: Eivind Mork, Vidar Olavesen, Mats Abelli and Gwyn Morgan

Michael Lattavo
Date registered 10.01.2015
ThankYou 42

Last edited 06.21.2016 | Top

RE: Future Film Buff

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:35 pm

Great work there Michael. I love seeing people like yourself and Stuart Reid for example getting their young ones interested in our equipment and films.

Stuart put on a belting photo over at film tech recently showing his youngster threading his GS!
Magical stuff this.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Michael Lattavo sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock

#3 by Vidar Olavesen , Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:44 pm

Way to go. Thumbs up

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#4 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:29 pm

I'd get those rewinds wired to a dynamo Michael, think of the power the kid can generate.

Michael Lattavo likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott

#5 by Jose Artiles , Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:06 am

Wow!! see that lovely face! he will be a real film lover and collector for sure. Congratulations!!

Jose Artiles
Date registered 08.16.2015
ThankYou 16

#6 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:34 am

Great photos there Michael.
All my children when they were small had a go at turning the rewind arms they loved it.
Now its my Grandaughters turn.
Even better they are fascinated with the film projectors when they are running.
Its good to get the kids involved.

David Hardy

#7 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:31 am

Brilliant, I love stories like this getting the youngsters involved, my lad absolutely loved sitting watching super 8 with me in the 90's, his favourite was The Muppet Movie 400'.

Del Phillipson

#8 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:36 am

I made my dad sit through an hour and half of his life once watching Memories Of Me with Billy Crystal.
Something I very much later regretted doing to him. He was asleep half hour before the end!

It was a smashing print and back then had just as good colour as my Police Academy 2 print but boy, was that one long drawn out boring film!

None of our two lads have ever wanted to watch a single thing on that "old fashioned" format called cine film sadly. Still, there's no accounting for taste is there now!

I have all my Disney and other animated beauties all lined up now and ready to go just as soon as grandkids come along. If nothing else I'm determined. Just one oh Lord...just one!

When they do eventually arrive my first mission will be to replicate that fabulous photo posted all those years back by Ignacio!

In the meantime, I have a garden party lined up at my wife's work friends house soon for the screening of Jungle Book. Her mate is already a rather youngish Nanny and her little granddaughter Esmie loves Jungle Book after seeing the recent live action movie.
When theres an opportunity, I will pounce! Ha ha ha.
Seize the moment eh. Lol.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

The following members like this: Michael Lattavo and Gwyn Morgan
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:59 am | Top

#9 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:50 am

Cute little guy! Does he like to watch the films with you Michael? If so, what are his faves?

Gwyn Morgan likes this
Timothy Duncan

#10 by Gwyn Morgan , Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:44 am

Brilliant,had one of my grandchildren standing by the rewind arm the other day ,no film just turning the handle like mad!!😀📽

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Your latest buys

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor