Orlando death of young boy.

#1 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:39 am

Sad news about that wee boy being killed by an alligator in Orlando.
I am very sad for his family. What a horrifying experience to go through.

David Hardy

RE: Orlando death of young boy.

#2 by Dave Guest , Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:20 am

yes its must be terrible for such a loss

Dave Guest
Date registered 09.28.2015
home: lancashire
ThankYou 69

#3 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:28 am

A terrible tragedy that could so easily been averted, who builds a holiday resort in Jurassic Park? Who allows a baby to frolic in
the sea where there is imminent danger? The Disney Corporation should be hauled into Court, as should the parents, who are guilty
of neglect! The policeman being interviewed came straight out of a Hollywood film, all big hat and sunglasses, "We'll find the reptile that did this, no mistake!" Oh yeah, are you gonna interrogate him, read him his rights? Its a reptile that does what it does, so far four
alligators have been killed, it's like Jaws, mad people playing mad games, where common sense is called for. Mickey Mouse in charge
and Goofy playing at it.

David Ollerearnshaw likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:30 am | Top

#4 by Dave Guest , Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:39 am

I totally agree hugh its like a game of russhon roulette

Dave Guest
Date registered 09.28.2015
home: lancashire
ThankYou 69

#5 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:52 am

someone has come out and blamed the lack of DANGER SIGNS put up, you can't make it up hold on they're big and they have teeth, what more signage do you need.

Del Phillipson

#6 by Dave Alligan , Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:44 pm

What I cant understand that this is a man made holiday resort and a man made lagoon so how did an alligator get into the lagoon, think questions have to be asked about security around the resort.

Dave Alligan  
Dave Alligan
Date registered 09.23.2015
home: Felixstowe
ThankYou 11

#7 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:25 pm

Money and profits before safety it is all too apparent to me.

David Hardy

#8 by Paul Browning , Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:08 pm

These are the ultimate reptile preditor, if its got you no matter who or what you are you won't get away. These are not Disney cartoon character from a movie, they will bloody kill you, and should not be presented as "entertainment" for the whole family to see. There was only one outcome to this tragic story, and i'm very surprised they found this young boy at all. Very tragic and sad story.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#9 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:14 pm

The bottom line is that the resort is in Florida: Lots of alligators live there and there's no way to keep them out of a large (and the lagoon was quite large) body of water down there. Sorry,but the parents allowing their kid to be playing near the water (and at night at that,which is when alligators feed) was foolish and negligent on their part. I blame Disney for not having signs warning about the animals and the parents for letting the child in the water in the first place. It's called research and they should have done so before visiting the state.I grew up in Texas and we were taught at a very young age to never go near the bayou banks for the very same reason that happened to this poor child. The loss is tragic and blames lies with more than one party.

The following members like this: Michael Lattavo and Mats Abelli
Douglas Warren

#10 by Michael Lattavo , Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:57 pm

Doug, you are absolutely correct. I have been going down to Florida every year since I could crawl. The number one lesson, signs or no signs, has always been stay away from the edges of any lagoon, stream, creek, etc. It is physically impossible to post signs every few feet of fresh water (this is Florida, people!). But I bet there was some type of sign posted in the hotel room warning against this, as well as warnings against feeding alligators (yes, tourists are that stupid). It is tragic, but I cannot believe the parents allowed the child to actually go into the water. Unbelievable.

Mats Abelli likes this

Michael Lattavo
Date registered 10.01.2015
ThankYou 42

#11 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:36 pm

Douglas and Michael thanks for clarifying on this very tragic issue. You guys know more than I do about this area
than I could ever do.
I stay in Scotland and we have wildlife our own but not alligators.

David Hardy

#12 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:42 pm

I have been wondering why the hell any one would want to open a family based
theme park in such a dangerous area in the first place.
Did these film companies get the land on the cheap because of that ?

David Hardy

#13 by Tom Photiou , Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:00 pm

I thought the same, i never realised they were actually in the resort, thats nuts. When my family went over there around 10 years ago, there was a three year old taken and eaten by an alligator at one of the visitors alligator centres. Unreal, those parents are also to blame for letting the child go but that sight of the boy being taken will haunt someone forever. What a way to go.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#14 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:03 pm

David: The most likely reason for Disney having the parks there is good weather most of the year round and (I'm assuming) tax breaks. Those parks bring in a ton of revenue for the cities they're based in. Taking a swim in a pond,lake or lagoon in Florida is the equivalent of doing the same in Queensland,Australia where the big crocs reside.

Mats Abelli likes this
Douglas Warren

#15 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:27 am

Douglas I agree with your point you make regarding the good weather as one of the reasons
that Disney built the resort there but I still cant help getting the gut feeling that the land there
may be cheaper due to the alligators being close at hand.

David Hardy

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
The Good News

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor