Maybe I should have taken more Super 8 films of Christmas?

#1 by Vidar Olavesen , Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:26 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

eBay lunacy again? Totally not paying that :-)

Werbung: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-8mm-Film-S...-/222138574253?

The following contents have been linked to this post::

Gwyn Morgan likes this

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

RE: Maybe I should have taken more Super 8 films of Christmas?

#2 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:44 pm

All I have is a few seconds of sound film of my parents pulling a Xmas cracker. Mother died 1991, so it's special; It's the only clip I have of my mother talking.

The following members like this: Eivind Mork, Vidar Olavesen and Gwyn Morgan
Robert Crewdson

#3 by Vidar Olavesen , Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:28 pm

Which is a good reason to keep it ...

Gwyn Morgan likes this

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

#4 by Gwyn Morgan , Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:50 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Maybe it's me ,but I have quite a lot of family 8mm and I would not dream of parting with it let alone put it on eBay.
I would hope my family would wish to have it passed to them,as the films contain pictures of those not now with us.
Anyway got to agree with you Vidar would not go anywhere near that film on eBay.📽📽

Vidar Olavesen likes this

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 270

#5 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:16 pm

I have some super 8 footage of my late mum and dad when they went to Australia in the 70's, 2 sound and one silent, nice to hear their voices again. I did take some Christmas footage of my son carrying his Teddy Ruxpin he had for Christmas that year, brings a lump to my throat when I watch any of it.

Del Phillipson

#6 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:03 pm

Lovely memories there Del to look back upon.

I think in the 80's & 90's , I managed to luckily capture nearly all of my family members of the time, including the then Mother and Father In Law, ex wife, Aunties and Uncles I had who are sadly no longer with us plus my sister and her children when they were both very young. Of course also, I have captured my own Mum and Dad but it is ultimately now the footage I've taken of my late Father which I currently treasure the most. None of my home movies would ever be allowed to leave the family circle I have to say. Luckily all these later films here also have sound which is a bib big bonus I've found when it's family members who are no longer with us.

One or two snippets of the children were taken at Christmas but for the most part my films were shot in the summer months back then.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:05 pm | Top

#7 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:41 pm

Mine of my mum and dad never leave the house Andrew, one or two family members have asked to borrow them to get them copied but I know I wouldn't have got them back so no chance, I've had them for 40 years so they can all taters. I also have some of me and the wife when we were courting at Blackpool on the pleasure beach, can you remember the laughing clown outside the funhouse, I got some footage of that

Del Phillipson

#8 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:54 pm

I've got more silent footage of my parents than sound. I did copy some film of my Uncle and Aunt when I visited them in 1975, but it's not perfect, with the video camera running at a different speed to the projector, but my Aunt was happy with it, and her youngest daughter had never seen the footage. I wouldn't trust sending films away to have them professionally copied.

Robert Crewdson

#9 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:54 pm

Oh yes Del, very well indeed and the Octopus ride in Jet Black, one of my favourites as a youngster!

That laughing clown used to freak you out after a bit, it was like Chucky when you looked closely at its features. Ha ha.

The fun house used to sit at the back of that clown as I remember Del.

It's great that you and the wife have been together alll those years Del. Myself and nearly everyone I know from our era from my own mates here are either second or third time around these days!

If your family members want copies of your films Del, you're better off just sorting that yourself.
Your the film man not them so as you say, the originals need to stay close to hand where they're treated respectfully and appropriately.

Have you tried doing any transfers yourself Del with your GS? If you've got a two blade shutter fitted and set it to 25fps, you can obtain some very good results I believe.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:58 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Latest issue of Film Collector Mag.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor