RE: Is it me or are some collectors getting out?

#51 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:33 am

Yes, it can get hot Timothy. I keep mine in a spare room, with the curtains closed to keep out the sun. Super8 is stored in a cupboard in the dark in the same room. I was sorry to see all these rusty cans. The material was probably quite rare, and left for much longer the cans could be beyond saving. Don't know what the condition of the films inside would be.

I was told by someone that had been to Pinedene Films, that the owner doesn't know what he has, and the films are all in piles in a shed, and the one you want might be at the bottom of a 16mm pile. It's risky, as you don't know the condition of the films.

Robert Crewdson

RE: Is it me or are some collectors getting out?

#52 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:09 pm

Hi Alan, just caught up, #48, Yes, the 'ol "Silence of the Lambs", it was my first film sale on a forum, little did I realise the
amount of email sent for that film, I had one member adamant that he had beaten Alan, I ended up printing off the mails in question
and sending him them, just to assure him of fair play, poor Alan, I didn't have a PayPal account then, we all suffer for our interest, I can
remember Alan saying he stayed up late to watch his film. Happy days. How did you come on with "Enter the Dragon" Alan ?

Hugh Thompson Scott

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Unseen films

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor