Solvon: a warning

#1 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:46 pm

There are two types of Solvon; type 1 is a cleaner only, type 2 is a cleaner and lubricant. it's very effective. Problem is that it contains Bromopane, a substance that is banned in the EU for good reason. It causes birth defects, and lung cancer by inhalation. Somewhere it just stated 'respiratory irritation'. It has been tested on rats, who developed lung cancer.
I bought a tin at the beginning of the year at about £87, unaware of it's dangers. For the last 6 months I have had a respiratory problem that hasn't been cleared by 3 courses of antibiotics and 2 of steroids. I am awaiting a CT scan. I can't say whether it's connected with this product. I am now feeling almost 100% as I turned to a powerful blood cleansing herb. At a cost of £87, I can't afford to throw it away; so when I have to use it again, I will use a face mask and open the windows. I was already using latex gloves, as poisons can be absorbed through the skin.

This product was being sold on Ebay UK, by one of our members. Ebay have now banned the sale of this in Europe, though the member continues to advertise it on his website. My advice is to steer well clear of this product. I would have tried Cresclene but for the obstacles placed in my way by the seller.

Robert Crewdson

RE: Solvon: a warning

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:51 pm

Robert I'd willingly send you an alternative rather than see you continue to use this stuff here!!

I understand you have spent a lot of money on this stuff, but surely your respiratory health must be worth more?

Let me know if there is alternative you could use here please.

I cannot imagine who could or would sell this if it has a proven connection to Lung Cancer!!
Surely this must only be in extreme high quantity use age???

If Cresclean is your preference, I will order you some tomorrow. I am already placing an order with them so it won't be a bother.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:57 pm | Top

#3 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:56 pm

It does it's job Andrew, but I'm reluctant to use it. I ended up twice being given Oxygen because I was in such a bad way. Never had a problem with the old 2.22 and I never wore gloves with that.

Robert Crewdson

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:59 pm

2.22 was my favourite back in the day, but even that stuff was strong on inhalation.

Let me know regarding the above Robert!!
Please ...don't continue to use this stuff if you suspect it has for one minute, anything to do with your recent problems!

Andrew Woodcock

#5 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:00 pm

Mr. Urbanski said it was okay to ship to EU countries. He also said to use well ventilated area, gloves and don't breathing it in. But he can sell to Europe he says.

I opted out of my order, as I do not have a well ventilated are to sit in. I breathe Film Renew, but only for a short time. Short time is a relative thing I suppose, but takes some 10-15 minutes to do a reel.

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#6 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:00 pm

It's OK to sell in the U.S., but not here. This is the reverse of the label.

Robert Crewdson

#7 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:05 pm

Vidar, obviously Urbanski doesn't know about EU regulations. When I read the warning I contacted a government department, and they informed Ebay, who stopped it being advertised on Ebay .UK. They also informed their Dutch counterparts, who seem to be ignoring the directive, so I have contacted them myself. Surely, there must be a safer way of making a film lubricant.

Robert Crewdson

#8 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:06 pm

Thanks for that information and warning about this stuff Robert.
I hope you are going to be okay.
I would rather lube my films with lard than use stuff like this.

David Hardy

#9 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:08 pm

Perhaps I need to email Urbanski a copy of the government dept letter I had saying this should not be on sale in Europe.

Eivind Mork likes this
Robert Crewdson

#10 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:09 pm

It's strange Andrew, that they would allow this on sale in the US. Seems human lives are not that important.

Robert Crewdson

#11 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:15 pm

EU levels I think are generally stricter Robert.

Hugh can't stand the E.U.. because of such restrictions! Ha ha ha (among many other reasons)

No seriously though buddy, I will order a Cresclean tomorrow, just let me know where I'm sending to.

It's took long enough to get you back here, the last thing we all need is you ending up poorly as a result of some strange cocktail!!

Eivind Mork likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:17 pm | Top

#12 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:22 pm

The USA Governments do not care much for human lives as they liked to NUKE thousands of innocent
Japanese to end WW 2 ...cause a lot of suffering for generations and do not even apologise decades
later to these people for this crime against humanity.
So why would they even consider doing so for a Film lube and its potential health risks.

David Hardy
Last edited Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:23 pm | Top

#13 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:45 pm

Some further information regarding Solvon. The ingredient Bromopane is classified as Reprotoxic. REACH regulation 1907/2006, entry 30, substances which are EU harmonised classified as reprotox, shall not be placed on the market or used for supply to the general public. Suppliers shall ensure that the packaging of such substances and mixtures is marked visibly, legibly and indelibly as follows: ‘Restricted to professional users’. So, this should not be sold for domestic use.

Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Robert Crewdson

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Summer Holiday - Walton 2 reeler

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor