RE: My new beauty

#26 by Alan Rik , Sun May 29, 2016 4:19 am

Congrats! I love the GS1200 machines. I think i have owned at least 6 or 7 in the past, and 4 or 5 Xenon's. The sound is really good, and the picture is great. Even better with the 1.0 lens. As everyone says you just have to watch for the scratchy parts as the machine goes on down the road.
Trying to find a Fumeo in Stereo? That is like finding Big Foot or the Loch Ness Monster! I have only seen one for sale by a forum member and that one was a Frankenstein modded unit..Not factory Stereo. I have heard of only one, custom built for Ignacio from Spain.
As long as you love your purchase and get a thrill every time you turn it on or just look at it.. that is great!!

Eivind Mork sais Thank You!
Alan Rik  
Alan Rik
Date registered 11.15.2015
ThankYou 14

#27 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun May 29, 2016 8:56 am

Paul, regarding your statement on GS 1200 ESC lamps earlier here, do you mean Ian @Perry's or Barry @ indie 8?

Eddie Smythe also allegedly stocks these at ES photographic I've heard, though they aren't advertised on his web page I've noticed?

There is certainly no shortage of GS 1200s knocking around right now for sale. Even later models!
I wonder if this has anything to do with the current lamp shortage situation everyone is experiencing while Paul F has been out of action?

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun May 29, 2016 9:11 am | Top

#28 by Gwyn Morgan , Sun May 29, 2016 9:00 am

Excellent machine Alan will give you hours of enjoyment watching films 📽📽

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 270

#29 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun May 29, 2016 9:02 am

Alan or Eivind here Gwyn??
Alan's been using these for donkeys years???

I might get one just for a bit of fun and see if it fairs any better with my optical prints.
Some are now becoming obtainable for very little money relatively.
Get all the new guide bits with the extra rollers, plus a Wittners Shoe, it may serve a purpose for me here if it's a MK 3...who knows??

What do you reckon Bill? Is the "ticking" one you serviced that's up for grabs worth a look at?
May have a split in one of the gears I believe.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun May 29, 2016 9:43 am | Top

#30 by Bill Parsons , Mon May 30, 2016 11:23 am

I serviced it a while ago, I cannot remember very much about the machine as I see so many, but the ticking is most likely just a cracked gear, nothing serious, will send you a pm Andrew.

Andrew thinking of buying a GS1200 My god I can’t cope with this, never thought that day would come; obviously you have decided you want a quality machine

Bill Parsons  
Bill Parsons
Date registered 10.07.2015
home: Brookland, Kent, Uk
ThankYou 23

#31 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon May 30, 2016 11:29 am

You fixed my GS-1200 for the broken gear. Replaced with a metal one I believe

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

#32 by Bill Parsons , Mon May 30, 2016 11:38 am

Yes Vidar that is correct I had some made, should last forever !

Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Bill Parsons  
Bill Parsons
ThankYou 23

#33 by Bill Parsons , Mon May 30, 2016 11:44 am

Ref the lamps, the Philips 200watt lamps work very well in the GS1200 (better than you think) not as good as the ESC of course, but with a 2 blade shutter they are.

The GS1200'S also lend their self to fitting a HID lamp and ballast as well; these will give many hours use, and are of course much brighter than the ESC.

Bill Parsons  
Bill Parsons
ThankYou 23

Last edited 05.30.2016 | Top

#34 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon May 30, 2016 11:54 am

There is nothing wrong with the quality of the ones I have Bill thanks.
If I did get one of these it would be just for optical films.
No magnetic film would ever venture anywhere near it Bill, certainly nothing of any value to me anyhow.

I'd do my best to get it as scratch resistant as is ever possible on one of these but I like my relaxing times with my projectors nowadays.
It's nice to able to sit more than twelve inches away from the stop button! 😀 😀

As said Bill, it's just for a little fun and experimentation with the film path etc to see what I can get out of one of these.
Technically, as a recording studio, as I've said in the past, these machines have always gained my full respect and admiration from afar.Mind you, it would need to be able to transport film forwards and backwards first safely, for the first time in history! Ha ha 😂
I can see I will have my work cut out here should I decide to get one! Lol.

Thanks for the replies here Bill. I'm most grateful.😊😊

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon May 30, 2016 12:17 pm | Top

#35 by Eivind Mork , Mon May 30, 2016 9:58 pm

Today my new 1200' reel came in the mail, do I finally got to test the projector properly. I am really happy with it. The room had some light, but I could still see the picture clearly with the much brighter lamp. I even just ran it on 75%. The auto threading worked like a charm.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Bill Parsons

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 404

#36 by Tom Photiou , Mon May 30, 2016 10:42 pm

i want one

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 545

#37 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon May 30, 2016 11:05 pm

You want them all Tom! Ha ha

Certainly not a bad time to get one right now, if you're serious buddy.
Plenty of choice, prices generally lower than I've ever seen them.
Trouble is..is spare motors etc. That is all that's making me still dubious.

I think the statement with any, should now read "I want Two!"

One things for certain here regarding any of these machines.
There will be no price induced knee jerk reaction here from me, and nothing, but nothing can come anywhere near close to the superb uncompromised reliability and completely unblemished satisfaction I have gained from the the machines I already use.

My thoughts are, and always will, remain completely unchanged in all of what remains to be seen and of the machines which have served me well over the recent years.

I won't be losing sight of that fact, no matter what the future holds with the alternative routes that are now becoming more and more increasingly available and are therefore reasonably achievable for all of my optical sound films.

It appears many are "cashing out" of our wonderful hobby. Time to perhaps " cash in" for the Die Hards amongst us!... That's all !

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue May 31, 2016 12:25 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
What gauges do you collect?

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor