RE: Latest issue of Film Collector Mag.

#101 by John Armer ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:25 pm

In reply to Robert, briefly: I objected to the tone and the suggestion of threats that had been posted (though I think one or two have since been toned down a bit) against Phil. They were awful! I was taking the rules in the spirit in which I'm sure they were intended: "We can all disagree, but do so politely". I have no problem with anyone's criticism of a company or its service but to be so extreme on a personal level I find to be highly distasteful and offensive.

Mark Hearn likes this
John Armer

#102 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:06 pm

I don't believe it's only Mark here that shares your view here John. It's just that, equally no one likes to see one of our own, especially someone whio has been in the hobby as long as Hugh has and is respected to the extent he is, treated in the manner he was equally.

As said, the whole saga is baffling to me and hopefully the said dealer may decide to take a leaf from Mr Osborne's book of customer service policies in the future with any luck.
All of this could then be avoided in the first instance.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:13 pm | Top

#103 by David Ollerearnshaw , Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:46 pm

Widescreen centre They seemed to take the RRP too seriously. I bought my Fumeo 300marc from them. Quite expensive, but they did deliver it to me. London to top side of Sheffield. Talk of dodgy Grant Shapps was his son who delivered it.

On CHC I got a beautiful print on 16mm The Wild Geese one of the best.but Richard Burton speaking French was not quite what I wanted. I had to pay postage to return. That's the only one with CHC. Now I bought Porridge (optical super 8) from Derann, I didn't get to watch for a few weeks the sound was way out of sync I call them and Derek answered just return it we have another.

Hope Paul is back.

I still love the smell of film in the morning

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

#104 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:27 am

Thanks for your response John, I hope this thread won't deter you from being an active member of the forum.

Eivind Mork likes this
Robert Crewdson

#105 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:00 pm

I've said my piece on Sheard Andrew, if John is offended, well he can go and do something else can't he, but when I am treated badly
I speak out, especially as a long term customer!! when I see sneaky moves, I do the same, obviously some folk live in this cosy love in, some of us deal in the real world,
and there are plenty of folk to watch out there, aren't there. Anyway, I think best to clobber it, just in case Paul Foster clocks it, no sense in
upsetting him.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:13 pm | Top

#106 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:36 pm

None indeed Hugh. Let's hope Paul continues to supply quality films for many many years to come yet.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Eivind Mork likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:37 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Robert Crewdson

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor