RE: Latest issue of Film Collector Mag.

#51 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 9:25 pm

Yes Hugh we are old rockers and we are probably off of them now. hahahaha !
I still have most of my "original LPs" from that time. They are worth a bob or two now but
I am not ready to sell 'em yet.
I have seen and/or met most of the bands you mention here away back in the day.
I cant say I am a huge Pinky fan though.
I never cared much for Darkside Of The Moon away back then and still don't.
I have my reasons.
However as far as the post Syd Barrett era goes Meddle is up there for me.
I just think Echoes on the B side is a masterpiece even if Floyd or their fans
don't agree.

David Hardy

#52 by Eivind Mork , Tue May 31, 2016 9:37 pm

I have listened a lot to Pink Floyd :-)

On a side note: It could look like Paul Foster is back in business. His "back in May" note is gone on the website, and someone on the other forum claimed a forum member had bought a new film from him. I hope this is true!

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#53 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 9:47 pm

He popped his head in here only the other day Eivind, so yes it will be true!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Eivind Mork likes this
Andrew Woodcock

#54 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 9:50 pm

Way to go Dave, pray tell, I loved DSOTM .loved "One of these Days", fightin' music, but my fave album of the Floyd, is
UMMAGUMMA, the live album, it is just as good as it gets. Also RADIO WAVES from Roger Waters, sorry lads, but feel free to join in
on two old rockers having a bit of fun, I am locked in a time warp Dave, I'm always being tormented to have a haircut from the "pain in the arse", but its me,I like long hair, except it does get a bit much, but I like it. Remember my 'ol Dad, back in the day, giving me a haircut, as I was an apprentice learning plastering ceilings were part of it, my hair was always thick with plaster, a definite no no, so he volunteered to fleece me, seated in the chair, snip, snip, then came the heavy part, such language and after applying plasters to his
scissor fingers, was I given release, on no account to have hair as long in future! This lasted as long as it took for me to get back to bricklaying, I was a skinhead for a while, and adopted the style, why not?

Hugh Thompson Scott

#55 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 10:02 pm

Hugh... I just recently had mine cut AGAIN. It was getting to thin and wispy.
Also I am getting a bald patch at the top of my nut.
Oh yes ... UMMAGUMMA ...A CLASSIC.
Used to " Trip " to that one......OOOPPPSSSS !!!!
I should not have told you that. hahahaha

David Hardy

#56 by John Armer ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 10:20 pm

Vidar, one of the rules I signed up to when I joined this forum was that there was to be no personal attacks. I'm not prudish but this thread is offensive. Can we turn it around and soft-pedal the character assassinations?

Thanks!

Mark Hearn likes this
John Armer

#57 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 10:31 pm

True John, does this include a dealer doing the same with another, a dealer who is not 100% We want to hear from you., tell me John. speak plain my son, cough up! we wish to hear.Is it offensive, to whom? Bring it on John. The man is not a member of this forum,
he says they are beneath him, so unless you have something relevant to add, SHUT UP until you do, okay John.?

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Tue May 31, 2016 10:45 pm | Top

#58 by John Armer ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 10:55 pm

I have no desire to be drawn into this discussion, Hugh, and I'm sure you can respect that. However I find the tone and language in this thread offensive and was expressing my opinion. Having done so, I'll say no more on the matter.

Mark Hearn likes this
John Armer

#59 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 10:59 pm

Dave . sorry for the lapse, you have been a little tinker in yer time, but good for you boss, I'm just a fan, you got
you meet them, kudos. How I kept missing Ozzy, he was in lodgings less than a mile from me., probably we were both
too pissed. Anyway, I loved the music, still do, is there any hope for us old rockers.......

Hugh Thompson Scott

#60 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 11:05 pm

John, obviously you are a new comer to the party with Phil, he is not the "great guy" he likes you to think he is, but you'll find out
as time goes on as I did, not to mention his bit on Paul Foster, an underhand trick if ever there was, the man is beyond my language.
Sorry, but if you have any dealings with this man, beware, I quote "The more honest he told us he was, the faster we counted the cutlery" I need say no more, a hook by any other name.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Tue May 31, 2016 11:05 pm | Top

#61 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 11:06 pm

Hugh YES there is hope for old rockers ... ROCK TILL YOU DROP !!!

David Hardy

#62 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 11:08 pm

True David, but pick your side too. I feel like I'm pissing against the tide, a dealer tries to denounce another, I stick up for the underdog
I'm a bad guy, well I'll say it as it is, Sheard is a shit, okay John, I know, I've put up with his crap for years, he tried to denounce a lad caught out with DVDs, who cares? We lost a bloody good dealer. Phil is someone who makes all the noises, an hour later has forgotten, or has he, he deserves every word of what I had the bollocks to say, he is a shit of the first water, tell him from me, the twat.

Dave Alligan likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Tue May 31, 2016 11:16 pm | Top

#63 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 11:23 pm

Hahahahaha !!! We have got back to Film Collector Mag via Rock n' Roll !

David Hardy

#64 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 11:27 pm

My dear John, just for you, get wise he has the cheek to say , no red prints, fine, but was quite happy to pass them on under the flag, "They're all like that", yes that's the lad.Sells them also with dodgy sound, he is a one, also with a missing reel, just testing, or the old favourite, chopped to fuckin' bits,
but its on four spools, oh he is the one, his speciality is a different film to the one you seen advertised, same title, different film, even though he has assured you, haven't you experienced this John, patience my son, he is a bundle of fun, but don't come crying to us, you have been warned. Myself. oh I'll survive, he can stick his new releases as far up his arse as is possible, is that offensive enough?

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Tue May 31, 2016 11:35 pm | Top

#65 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 11:38 pm

David, I'll fight the fuckin' world on this, the man is a wrong 'un, he is a sneak, I'd punch his throat in. Dissenters, come forth.
Incidentally, is John Armer, the EBAY rebtanner, king of the fading print? A lot in common.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:10 am | Top

#66 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:46 pm

Might be good to stop this perhaps. I feel it falls under personal attack here too. Is it okay to delete this thread? I get Mr. Scotts frustration towards him. I have the same with some eBay dealers and forum members on the other forum (just a couple, by all means most are fine people) and feel it is correct to warn others.

I got slammed by some and commended by others for telling about my deal with the Abbott & Costello Africa Screams. I paid, never got my film. Bur, might have gotten a bit far here

Your thoughts?

The following members like this: Eivind Mork and Mark Hearn

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#67 by David Skillern , Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:26 pm

I think you're right Vidar,

Let's try to support dealers as there aren't that many out there. I have had dealings with possibly all the dealers in the Uk and if there have been issues - then they have been put right. I have only had one bad experience with one chap that was highly documented on the film forum and eventually that was dealt with.

David Skillern  
David Skillern
Date registered 05.02.2016
home: South Wales
ThankYou 71

#68 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:51 pm

For what it's worth, I also agree with David here. Everyone's experiences with dealers and individual sellers alike, differs as has already been said here by myself.

I may sing Phil's praises today, then regret doing so later if I similarly, am then treated in the manner Hugh clearly has been, given the examples he has of what, quite frankly, is very poor service in this niche market of today.

I fully understand Hugh's disappointment and frustrations here, but for the sake of our great forum here, I believe we do have to keep things somewhat civil on a public posting, try, if we can, to respect our other fellow members here whenever possible, and also attempt to keep the forum a friendly and attractive place to visit for our members of today and any that may be thinking of joining us in the future.

Anything else that needs to said at an escalated level to rid of our frustrations at times within the hobby, can surely be aired privately among like minded members.

As with anything, these are of course . just my own thoughts and views on the matter. Just as with any opinion, none are wrong or right, they are just one persons point of view.
Ultimately it will be the majority of these viewpoints here that will decide if the thread should or should not be deleted. Then of course, beyond that, it is Vidar who decides what is appropriate here.

Vidar has asked people for their opinions here, so it would be beneficial to him to hear a few I feel.
Things can only be resolved and rectified, if a majority here air their opinions on the matter.
To remain silent on such matters merely indicates our members couldn't care less one way or another.
In this instance, anyone here then should be reserved the right to speak however they feel without any complaint or reproach..

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:40 pm | Top

#69 by John Armer ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:29 pm

I agree with you Vidar, David and Andrew. I think the best thing would be to delete this thread.

John

John Armer

#70 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:43 pm

Vidar ...DO NOT delete the thread.
Every one should know of any negative experiences an individual has with ANY DEALER.
To do so would merely suppress the truth. Also a member should have the right to voice such
bad experiences in order to warn others so it does not happen to them and make them aware
of any possible or probable future problems.
Also it lets and warns any potential dodgy seller know they will not get away it should they
try it on.
Even though my own personal experiences are different from others I keep an open mind
and like to be warned of what may lie ahead.
Passions run high when someone is not being treated with respect and fairness when being
sold something that is not up to standard or the item is not as described or does not arrive.
I would be very angry myself if this happened to me.
So please do not delete the thread.
I keep an open mind on most things.

The following members like this: Dave Alligan and Gwyn Morgan
David Hardy

#71 by Eivind Mork , Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:44 pm

I was about to write something, but I read what Andrew said. This is what I think too. I won't in any way unjustify any frustrations with Phil, although I haven't experienced this myself (I would have been pissed off myself if I had experienced the same). And I really don't like the article about Paul (which this thread was originally about). But I can't with my hand on the heart say that this isn't personal attacks which the forum rules says we can't have. I think it is a good time to end this thread.

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#72 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:45 pm

Still I leave it to other members to decide as its not my forum.

David Hardy

#73 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:57 pm

The Forum Rules clearly state that there is to be no personal attacks on any other member
of the FORUM ! No one here on this forum has been attacked or abused in a personal manner.
If they have please indicate where so the issue can be resolved in an amicable manner.

David Hardy

#74 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:57 pm

I do think you are right too, David, if people needs to hear a warning, it's just for the better. But we might need to go the the extremes we have come to here. Not sure what's best, but we should at least stop slamming Phil now that we know each ones feelings. My experiences isn't all positive by far and not replying to emails, that is not the best customer service. I have many times written three or four questions in emails, but if I get a reply, it's only answers one. Doesn't seem to read the whole email perhaps? Look forward to more replies regarding this thread (which isn't feeling very friendly at the moment) ... Hope it won't split anyone up in here

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#75 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:00 pm

Hugh ... Please give us your thoughts on this when you can .

David Hardy

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Robert Crewdson

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor