RE: Latest issue of Film Collector Mag.

#26 by Gwyn Morgan , Sun May 29, 2016 11:07 pm

Just to add my two pence worth,some while back had a couple of dealings with chc,the first occasion I feel I was ripped off and with hindsight I know dam well I was but at the time I let it go because one might say I was naive and I wanted the item.
The second time I wanted a particular xenon bulb,not cheap I may add,I felt and wished I had never bothered to contact chc,I'm afraid they were rude and not a bit interested.
After that I decided not to deal with them again and that still stands.
On the other hand I have had films from PF and never a problem,I hope he returns to the film fold in due course.
Just saying.📽📽

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 271

#27 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun May 29, 2016 11:21 pm

Gwyn, join the ranks my son, an arrogant twat, I don't hold my language, the guy has the idea, he is doing us the favour, be very thankful
and appreciative, well not me, I got sick of missing reels, films not of titles bought, films missing last reels, films aaked for but sold on,
the list goes on, a poor dealer with a poor liason with his clientel , typical of his training in policing, Fuck him and the box he came in, the twat. Not that I'm in any way against Phil, except he is a first class shit, on a plinth. Phil, if you ever read this, which is unlikely,
forums are beneath you, understand, some of us know you for what you are.No doubt someone in your clique will enlighten you, cunt.

Gwyn Morgan likes this
Gwyn Morgan sais Thank You!
Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sun May 29, 2016 11:31 pm | Top

#28 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon May 30, 2016 8:13 am

I take it your days of dealing with Phil @ CHC are all behind you, Hugh?

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon May 30, 2016 8:13 am | Top

#29 by Tom Photiou , Mon May 30, 2016 3:18 pm

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 545

#30 by Paul Browning , Mon May 30, 2016 3:32 pm

I don't think he's on Hugh christmas card list Andrew.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#31 by David Ralph ( deleted ) , Mon May 30, 2016 5:54 pm

I am so glad I joined this forum. If nothing else I will take on board Gwyn and Hughs comment regarding CHC. I bought a film from this company and when I phoned to place the order I felt as if I was just an annoyance who had interrupted his day. I was going to buy a projector from him but I am so glad I didn't and went to Barry at Independent 8 instead.
The hobby has few outlets but the anger and frustration of Hugh, which was so eloquently described in his post, should deter many from using those who feel that they have a monopoly over the purchaser. My money is hard earned. My hobby is also important to me. I have principles and who I wish to spend my money with must have the outcome where I am pleased with my purchase and also knowing that the vendor is not ripping me off.

David Ralph

#32 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon May 30, 2016 6:10 pm

Thanks for that David, I've put up with his offhand take it or leave it attitude for years, but to reprint something to
hurt someone, not to inform, we already knew about Paul, just pushed me a bit too far. I hope Paul Foster doesn't read
these things, I'll ask Vidar to delete it, its served its purpose and I hope enlightened folk on the "honest" dealer that I will
never buy from again. Also, I'm very glad that you did join the forum, a valuable asset.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#33 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon May 30, 2016 6:35 pm

It has been said on many different occasions, by many different collectors, that Phil can make you feel it is he, that is doing you the favour by selling to you in the first place.

All of the dealers I have ever dealt with have offered a very different approach it has to be said.

From the other people I have dealt with for Super 8mm product;
Paul always comes across as though he is in a mad rush, though very courteous I must add, Barry gives me all the time in the world to chat with him regarding films each time I've ever phoned him and has a lovely warm aura about him , Ian has always bent over backwards to help me out and is, in my opinion, just an all round great great guy to chat and deal with. A very fair man indeed!

I am just pleased we still have any of these people supplying us in this day and age.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue May 31, 2016 1:28 am | Top

#34 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 2:48 pm

Hmmmm!!!! Some very harsh words there guys regarding Phil at CHC.
I can honestly state I have never had anything but a positive and friendly
experience of Phil and his sales manner. I have been dealing with him for many years.
He and his wife have always treated me with the greatest of courtesy
and respect whenever I phone them. Any problems were always resolved.
In fact when I visited the old shop some years back we were invited round to
their home for some tea and was shown his collection of projectors and his
Home Cinema. Also his Garden Railway.
Came away with a some FREE FILMS and a 16mm Elf Sound Projector he gave to
my son. So I cannot relate to the experiences and viewpoints here.
Is it because I is Scottish ?

David Hardy

#35 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 4:21 pm

They are harsh words David, but over the years one takes the crap, then something happens and the bomb goes off. The tipping point
was Paul Foster and the sly "report" in his mag, Paul would never have done anything like that, or anyone else I can think of. The last straw on buying films from him came when a certain film I'd asked continually for, everytime in conversation and e-mail, was again placed on his
list, not a word from him, even though he sent unsolicited a 400' clip a few months before from the film, proving he knew of my request,which has since been duly returned with a curt letter, he was gleeful when he said "Oh I sold the feature yesterday", not the first time he's played that one on me. So, Mr Sheard can piss up a rope for me, and be thankful I don't live a bit nearer, I really haven't grown up, I think 90% of problems can be cured with a smacking,
and they usually are. The differences between this charlatan and a proper dealer, they take notes, Derek Simmonds noted that I wanted "Jason", within a few weeks, it was there, Ian at Perry's, mistakenly sold a reserved print of "Roman Empire" 4x400, the next one in, he sent through..... Sheard, takes no notice whatsoever, just an ignorant ex cop, but what can you expect from a "pig" but a grunt.
I'm not alone, he even has a "fan club" on 8mm forum. No, I can live quite happily without his "service".

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Tue May 31, 2016 4:27 pm | Top

#36 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 4:55 pm

As you say Hugh, if you feel you have been done a disservice here, why would you deal with that person again?
Isn't that the very same thing as the deals we do privately?
There are some folk I would deal with endlessly based on my past experiences and others I wouldn't now even bother with an enquiry based on past experiences.

I have an amicable relationship with Phil and Denise at CHC at this moment of time, as clearly also do people like David and Tom here to name but two, but if I was repeatedly let down, or my requests were overlooked or ignored, as has been the case with yourself here, no doubt I would do likewise and shop elsewhere also.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue May 31, 2016 5:03 pm | Top

#37 by Dave Alligan , Tue May 31, 2016 5:08 pm

The trouble with CHC its a case of don't do as I do but do as I say, he always moans about not getting no feed back for super 8 titles but when I offered him 2 x skyfall trailers, full theatrical and teaser he didn't want to know, never offered him any more titles and never will.

Dave Alligan  
Dave Alligan
Date registered 09.23.2015
home: Felixstowe
ThankYou 11

#38 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 5:34 pm

As has been highlighted on forums many times over Dave, everybody's experiences with our remaining dealers, and anyone else come to that, are very different from one another. It's just the way of the world it would seem.

You would certainly expect anyone left dealing in our hobby to take note of peoples "wish" list in the same manner I believe Steve Osborne does over in the U.S., or else how much custom would you soon be left with these days?
There are no longer thousands or even hundreds of actively interested people still paying high sums for feature prints etc, so in my view, anyone who does want to sell these, ought really to try to go out of their way a little, to try and please those that are still ready and willing to pay the price and actually purchase these goods. You would think so anyway.

Andrew Woodcock

#39 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 5:48 pm

In my case Andrew. I'd have paid 10 times what he offered the film for, but that is Phil, in Dave's case, the chap is trying to help with his films and offering his stuff, not even a note to him,
he's just cast aside, an afterthought. I hope you lads continue with good relations with him, but he used to insult his customers quite the thing on his
bi monthly lists, he is just an ignorant twat, who obviously knows no better, hence my remedy, a holy smack!! It works wonders, and
suddenly they're focussed. Although his article on a fellow dealer is unforgivable and it made me into what, to some folk, I must appear as a total
thug, but I have put up with a lot over the years, Paul's reprint just lit my fuse. Do not kid yourselves he is your friend, you are viewed
as mugs, his terminology. Whatever he has to sell, is of no interest to me, and a lot of others seem to be of the same belief. Impostor.

Dave Alligan likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Tue May 31, 2016 6:13 pm | Top

#40 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 7:17 pm

Yes Hugh I can understand your reasons now for not wanting to deal with CHC.
As for being "mugs" maybe we all are mugs in a way regardless who we deal with
taking into consideration the high prices we are sometimes willing to pay for
what is now very old film stock these days. Worn and faded at that.
After all we don't actually know the dealers " mark -up " on price .
So maybe the bottom line is that FILM collecting IS a " mugs -game " all along. hahaha !!!

David Hardy

#41 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 7:31 pm

I take the point Dave, but when a film is repeatedly asked for, then ignored, he does not deserve custom, myself, I'd happily strangle the twat where he sits but that's me.
Apart from the added hurt to a fellow dealer. Dave Alligan, God love him offers stuff, not even an acknowledgement, manners, hath he none!
Getting beyond the physical, he is a poor substitute for Mr Osborne in the USA, who bends over backwards for his customers, chalk and cheese, I'd go for the "Yank" anyday. I accept being a mug, but to be fucked around by him, no, I would quite happily pull him apart
and piss on his remains, he deserves no less, friend I thought I had, and kicker of the undefended. Sheard is no loss to me.

Dave Alligan likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Tue May 31, 2016 7:54 pm | Top

#42 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 8:05 pm

Hugh do you mean OZZY or STEVE ( who has the habit of ignoring my e-mails to him )...hahahaha !

David Hardy

#43 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 8:12 pm

A good point you make there Hugh among all of this is, you, until recently, clearly thought of Phil as a friend.

That's the sad part of all this. You feel betrayed ,and to that end, I feel sorry towards your situation here and for you yourself for what has happened here.

It really should never have happened,... any of this. It's a real shame.

Andrew Woodcock

#44 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 8:14 pm

Ozzy is my God David, Steve is nearly there. I find it odd he hasn't responded to your mails, he has an exceptional record
on answering folks mail, I'm at a loss. On a happier note, the finest group ever to pass water, a set of PINK FLOYD stamps
will be issued shortly, FOR THEIR CONTIBUTION TO BRITISH MUSIC, any altercations on this? ....... okay boss, you and me outside......
it won't take long, mines a pint.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Tue May 31, 2016 8:15 pm | Top

#45 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 8:20 pm

Hugh... HAWKWIND think that the Pinkies are a bunch of stuck up cunts.
Their words not mine.

David Hardy

#46 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 8:31 pm

Hugh as for OZZY. My claim to fame with him is that I shared a certain " herbal ciggy " with him
backstage in the early 70s. I will say no more on that one.

David Hardy

#47 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 8:46 pm

I'll bet you and I are the only ones who can remember "Silver Machine" on here, oh, Dave, us old rockers who have TASTE IN MUSIC,
our Tim is an ELP fan, as we are, love RUSH, ZEP, CAMEL, SUPERTRAMP, YES, DEEP PURPLE, TEN YEARS AFTER, URIAH HEEP, these young
lads on here no doubt think we're speaking in code, but the backbone of rock , prog or otherwise is based in these bands, but FLOYD
RULES OK. I listened to some LPs the other night, the music, coupled with nice memories elicited a tear, strange how music can do this,
memories of sunny evenings in my bedroom when a "bit of a lad" were evocative , playing this stuff, my Mother who suffered this stuff, back then, I used to give it welly, it just got to me, music can be a time machine. How we miss folk long gone.

Eivind Mork likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott

#48 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 8:59 pm

Love Dark Side Of The Moon Hugh if that's any consolation. Ha ha
In fact I like most of what you mention, just not as much as clearly you and David here do! Lol.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue May 31, 2016 9:00 pm | Top

#49 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 9:05 pm

I'm old enough to remember 2112 Hugh even if Eivind and others aren't.

Eivind Mork likes this
Andrew Woodcock

#50 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue May 31, 2016 9:06 pm

Probably a sign of age Andrew, but don't you dare go old on us, you're only a stripling, and good for you, we need young blood, Jesus,
I sound like a cheap horror film! Andrew knows what we mean. RUSH. Got it.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Tue May 31, 2016 9:07 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Robert Crewdson

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor