HELPING ONE ANOTHER

#1 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon May 16, 2016 3:37 pm

Okay Boys, let me speak plain, we all like our film, we all belong to various forums, we all have this one thing in common.THIS FORUM
The man who runs it, created it, is not the best of health, he put a little wish list of films he would have liked in the English language.
Now I fuckin' tire of you fellows with your down load shite and other such rubbish, your benefactor is not the best of health, surely
you clever men out there,all you up to the minute stuff, at least one of you, could have sorted the man out on his soundtracks. I really despair of you guys, it puts selfish into a new category. I haven't a clue on computer stuff, but I did try to help the man. I'm Old School,
help where I can, for shame on you, bar Paul, like me offered help. I have worked with some of the roughest of men, but when you
needed help, the buggers were there.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Mon May 16, 2016 4:05 pm | Top

RE: HELPING ONE ANOTHER

#2 by Eivind Mork , Mon May 16, 2016 4:06 pm

Ok. Possibly I didn't read thoroughly enough. I sure can help with computer related problems. I thought the problem was to find an audio source! As soon as I saw the list of films and saw that I didn't own a single one of them possibly didn't read thoroughly enough.

If anyone knows somewhere online where these films are, youtube or whatever, or if someone can send me a video file, or even send me a DVD for extraction, I surely will help extract the audio if that is the problem. I am a professional programmer, so that part is not a problem for me, but my film collection is small, both on DVD and film.

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 404

#3 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon May 16, 2016 4:16 pm

I am sure there is a reason, like no time, not owning the title and many things. It is just a wish list of sound files to fix some of my films and extracting the audio isn't the problem, Eivind. what is the problem is that these are digests and needs to be sound edited to fit the digest. A lot of work, which I don't want anyone to do. What my hopes were, was that someone owned the same digest, could run the film, record it to a file then send me the file, so I could try to put it back onto my defective digest. I appreciate Hughs comments, but there's no need to feel bad about anything. Just if someone decide to watch one the digests, record the sound if possible.

Thanks Hugh, it's not a big problem. Don't make enemies ;-) (You always be my friend)

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

#4 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon May 16, 2016 4:57 pm

Vidar, making enemies means bugger all to me, I've made enough of them in the past, but the truth must be spoken, I am
fed up with the shite of what projectors can do what, what computer downloads can do this, BOLLOCKS, Your benefactor
needs a bit of help, call me what you will, but help the man. I don't need to say this Vidar, we'll always be friends, Although I
will have my say, members should have been falling over themselves to help, whatever I have my friend, I will put to you if it
helps your collection. Old School Scott.

Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Mon May 16, 2016 5:07 pm | Top

#5 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon May 16, 2016 5:57 pm

I know, Hugh, I like that you speak directly. You are right to the point and I appreciate such. Easier than guessing what people actually mean.

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 344

#6 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon May 16, 2016 6:07 pm

Vidar, I speak as I find, I don't hold back on anything, the truth will out, but I am astounded by the boasts
of what certain machines can do, all but solve the World's poverty crisis, that aside, folk on here could
have helped, but didn't. I have a bloody good memory though.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Hugh Thompson Scott

#7 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon May 16, 2016 6:20 pm

Just continue being you, that is a good thing

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 344

#8 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon May 16, 2016 6:26 pm

Well, I'll continue being me young Vidar, but honestly lads, where does that put you guys? I shall return to my gardening.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Mon May 16, 2016 7:38 pm | Top

#9 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed May 18, 2016 11:20 am

I agree with you here Hugh in that, as tight knit community here, we should whenever we can, do all that we can to help one another out here.
There arn t too many of us as it is, without people turning their backs on a collector in need.

If I'd have had anything of the material needed, Vidar knows only too well here that I'd had offered him the help he required here to get the job done any way possible.

I will keep a look out for Glider as that seems the one where I stand the biggest chance of finding something to help him out with here, be it the film itself or the sound from something.

I know previously there has been plenty of this type of activity shown towards one another in the past here, and to all those who have helped others here, I salute you all.

Ok off now to hoover the stairs using the fan blower from the Bauer. It's amazing what these things can multitask at! (Joking of course )

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed May 18, 2016 12:02 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Watch out for this ebay dealer.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor