Welcome Bill Davis

#1 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:40 pm

Hope you find new friends and enjoyment from the forum.

A big, warm welcome

sais Thank You!

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

RE: Welcome Bill Davis

#2 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:47 pm

Welcome Bill, you will find it a very friendly and helpful forum with some very knowledgeable collectors

sais Thank You!
Del Phillipson

#3 by Bill Davis ( deleted ) , Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:26 pm

Thank you Vidar, Del & all,

I found this forum quite by accident last night - very glad to have found it and be on here. I do notice some familiar names on here - am also on Larry Urbanski's, Dan Lail's and a couple other forums. Have been collecting, off and on, since the early 1960's when my Dad bought me my first film - which I still have. It was a standard 8mm silent Castle Film "Sport Parade - Ski Hi - Ski Lo". Got into 16mm in 1970. Many years later I found a 16mm sound print of that first 8mm silent Castle film - just had to hear the sound track on that one. Am mostly into 16mm now. I collect travelogues (mostly from the 1940's and 1950's), World War 2 newsreels and features, Westerns - LPP or IB, Disney, a few TV shows and a little of everything else except adult films. My collection is mostly 1940's & 1950's. A couple of the "big" prints in my collection would be GWTW (LPP - mint - roadshow) and It's A Mad, Mad World (IB - Scope). Again I'm very glad to be on this site. This is a great hobby!!! I'm in the USA in Michigan.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Bill Davis

#4 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:34 pm

Welcome Bill, hope you enjoy the forum, lots to enjoy. Some great films in your collection too, Doug and Tim are our resident American contingent, but will no doubt be glad of another of their countrymen to make up the numbers, as we all are, Happy postings.

sais Thank You!
Hugh Thompson Scott

#5 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:43 pm

Welcome to "Reel Magic Film Forum" Bill! I am from Kentucky and I am a novice collector (8mm, all digests/extracts) compared to these guys, but I enjoy my hobby very much! Looking forward to reading your posts!

sais Thank You!
Timothy Duncan

#6 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:47 pm

Novice or Expert Timothy & Bill, all it's ultimately about here, is our love for the same thing, watching REAL film through a REAL projector.
If you're into that as a concept, then you are more than welcomed here, no matter what scale you choose to do it on!

A Warm welcome Bill from one and all!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Eivind Mork likes this
sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:48 pm | Top

#7 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:44 pm

Welcome to the forum Bill. We look forward to your Topics and Posts
in the near future.

sais Thank You!
David Hardy