MAGAZINE FILMS OF YORE

#1 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:54 am

I wonder if there are any members who remember the Movie Magazine films put out by Perry's I think it was, I used to have
three of them, they toured cine events and cinema projection rooms, long before anyone else did, they were made by Kevin Farwell
I think he was called, he used to work on cruise ships and even did the narration. One thing stands out, the sound was 18 fps, was very good, as were the prints, one was on ebay recently, they used to run about 15 minutes apiece and were great entertainment.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:20 pm | Top

RE: MAGAZINE FILMS OF YORE

#2 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:57 am

I cant recall any of these Hugh. When they were released ?

David Hardy

#3 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:16 am

As I recall it would be in the mid '80s David, I regret selling mine now, as they covered Derann and other get togethers, as well as being informative, no doubt Ian could throw more light on them as they came from the Perry's stable and were a credit to them.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:48 am | Top

#4 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:57 pm

Ah! If it was in the mid 80s that sheds some light as to why I never noticed them for sale.
At that time I was bogged down in my 2nd marriage with a new set of kids to support....Hahahaha !!

David Hardy

#5 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:50 am

Any excuse Dave, heh heh, I did a bit of research, apparently these little films went by the titles of "Movie Club Magazine"
and were made by The South Coast Movie Club, produced by Peter J, Foreman, with afore mentioned Kevin Farwell introducing them.
Apparently Perry's made a 16mm neg from the 8mm camera original, which was on Fuji stock, they were nice little films in their own
right and covered Bucks Film Museum, DFS open days, Blackpool cons, Museum of Photography Film & TV at Bradford inc IMAX.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#6 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:00 am

Hugh I have seen the Movie Club Magazines. They have been posted on You Tube.
They are very well done except for some dodgy wowy sound.

David Hardy

#7 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:13 pm

I didn't know someone had put them up, I'll have a dekko. I thought the sound was quite good on prints I had, if there is wow
on sound, it sounds as though the projector must be off, probably needing attention to the jockey roller.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#8 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:13 pm

I didn't know someone had put them up, I'll have a dekko. I thought the sound was quite good on prints I had, if there is wow
on sound, it sounds as though the projector must be off, probably needing attention to the jockey roller.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#9 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:06 pm

Just watched them David, sound on first two was quite good, a wobble or two on three, but enjoyable for all that.

Hugh Thompson Scott

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
The Things People Say

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor