The rules to follow

#1 by Vidar Olavesen , Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:09 pm

Forum rules we hope you all can accept
1. Real names only. Nicks not allowed and we all want to know who our friends are
2. No personal attacks. We can all disagree, but do it politely
3. No racism
4. No digital talk. We want to see your screenshots of film and hear your film experiences
5. No non-film related like politics, religion and so on

If you want us to know you better, introduce yourself here
Introduction

Also for beginners of Super 8/Regular 8, this thread might help : Beginners tips page 8mm

If you choose to upload to Picture Gallery, it is there to stay, except inappropriate and non-film pictures, which will be deleted. If you do not want it there for the future, do not post, they will not be deleted

New feature is Yak section, it is available to Plus members. If you fancy non film talk, let me know, I will change you to Plus member. Not visible to standard members

Thank you

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan and Mats Abelli
Gwyn Morgan and Mats Abelli say Thank You!

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
ThankYou 269

Last edited 06.09.2018 | Top

RE: The rules to follow

#2 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:18 am

Excellent set of rules to follow there!

Timothy Duncan

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:49 am

I agree Timothy and feel if we all try to abide by these for the most part, we have all things covered here with these rules hopefully.

It's important to keep our integrity in tact here I feel ultimately.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:21 am | Top

#4 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:00 pm

Only four easy to abide by rules. Now what could be easier I ask ?

Paul Browning likes this
David Hardy

#5 by Paul Browning , Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:13 pm

Yes David what's not to understand, you would think we were asking for there bank details and pin number.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 85

#6 by Vidar Olavesen , Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:29 pm

Rules altered ... Please review. Also altered the heading on the forum

Michael Lattavo likes this
Michael Lattavo sais Thank You!

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 269

Last edited 07.07.2016 | Top

#7 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:21 pm

New PM sent but I will not be able to reply today Vidar as I am on Nights soon.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock

#8 by Vidar Olavesen , Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:20 pm

Updated regarding Photo Gallery

Post #1

Eivind Mork likes this

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 269

Last edited 08.04.2016 | Top

#9 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:54 am

To all new applicants here, please read these rules carefully before submitting your application with us all here please.

Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:12 pm | Top

#10 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:41 pm

To all new applicants here, please read these rules carefully before submitting your application with us all here please.

We are now up to 7 new applications, none using their full real names it appears.

Andrew Woodcock

#11 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:57 pm

Tomorrow I will be deleting all new applications sat here in waiting, if by day end, they have not responded to the repeated advisories surrounding the rules to comply with here in order to gain membership.

It's been weeks now that each and every one, has been given the opportunity to either amend or update their application based on our advisories, or otherwise just contact one of the team here to do the work for them.

So far no one has responded in any way, hence the deadline by the end of tomorrow now sorry.

It's in your own hands if you want to be part of this forum.

Del Phillipson likes this
Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:13 am | Top

#12 by Del Phillipson , Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:08 pm

If you get an application from a Paul Trigwell from Brighton, I think you know what to do with his application mate, no room for people like him in our fantastic hobby.

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 59

#13 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:36 pm

What was the problem with him? Been a member on filmtech since 2014 wasn't he? Not heard negatives before. Perhaps a bad period in his life?

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 269

#14 by Del Phillipson , Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:46 pm

Read the Grease listing on the Filmtech forum mate, not good.

Del Phillipson
ThankYou 59

#15 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:03 pm

Yes, I saw it, but not seen him posting shit like that before. Perhaps he is having a bad period?

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 269

#16 by Del Phillipson , Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:29 pm

Fair comment Vidar, I suppose it's the old "every story has 2 sides", see if he responds to Doug's request.

Del Phillipson
ThankYou 59

#17 by Paul Browning , Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:10 pm

Apparently "Grease " isn't the word that you heard but every other expletive is, not a nice way to speak to a fellow member, perhaps there is an explanation for it, but maybe an apology will go a long way to build a bridge or two. I hope it resolved amicably.......

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Del Phillipson
Del Phillipson sais Thank You!
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 85

#18 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:11 pm

That is true, an apology would go far

The following members like this: Del Phillipson and John Armer

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 269

#19 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:13 pm

A little plea for help ... The rules of film talk only, no personal attacks, all remains, but would be very appreciative for PM when it occurs, as I sometimes don’t observe all

If it is breaking rules, will delete it fast as I can

Robert has now gotten admin status again to help out. Thanks

The following members like this: Mark Mander, David Alligan and Del Phillipson
Mark Mander sais Thank You!

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 269

#20 by Mark Mander , Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:29 pm

No problem Vidar, good news Robert has admin status too,Mark

Vidar Olavesen and Paul Barker say Thank You!

Mark Mander
Date registered 09.08.2016
ThankYou 86

#21 by Vidar Olavesen , Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:27 pm

Updated with info on Yak section

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 269

Forum Changes...

#22 by Greg Perry , Sun May 20, 2018 12:42 am

As we know, Vidar has expressed a desire to step down from this Forum in his current role....We would like to announce the following changes to the forum team:

My name is Greg Perry, I am happy to step in and take over part of Vidar's role along with the other team members to help continue the Forum in the manner he intended when he created it. I am from Minnesota and have been collecting for only a few years now. I collect Super 8/8mm, 16mm and I have a small amount of 35mm as well.

Things will largely stay the same here with the primary mission being to create and maintain an atmosphere of friendliness and to provide a welcoming environment to all film fans. While it is ok to disagree, we owe it to our fellow members to be mindful of our tone when doing so. Offending posts, as determined by our moderator or admins will be deleted. Once deleted, we move on--no discussions, no debates over content of said posts will occur. Repeat offenders will be subject to suspension or cancellation of Forum membership at the sole discretion of Moderator and admins. While it is recognized that everyone has a bad day once in a great while, repeat occurrences that show a pattern of disrespect and rudeness toward others will not be tolerated.

When we stop and think about it, there really aren't many rules here. Everyone wants to be treated with courtesy and therefore we need to extend it to all others as well. Pretty basic standard for anyone to follow!

Joining me in supporting your film forum will be Robert Crewdson as Moderator. Current admin will be Eivind Mork. Additional admins will be named as we progress in this transition. Your support and patience is always appreciated as we move forward.

Please join me in thanking Vidar for his tremendous contributions in making this Forum such a great place for film fans around the world!
Kind Regards,
Greg

IMG_8833GP.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
ThankYou 75

RE: Forum Changes...

#23 by Douglas Warren , Sun May 20, 2018 1:05 am

Welcome, Greg and looking forward to seeing the forum move forward with a positive outlook. Glad to see you here and a big wave to Robert and Eivind. It sounds like we have a great team which will allow the forum to truly prosper.

The following members like this: Tim Duncan, Robert Crewdson, Gwyn Morgan and John Hourigan
Robert Crewdson and Greg Perry say Thank You!

Douglas Warren
Date registered 01.24.2018
ThankYou 28

Last edited 05.20.2018 | Top

#24 by John Hourigan , Sun May 20, 2018 1:18 am

Greg, this is simply outstanding news! Congratulations to you and the administrators on your new roles. And it’s fantastic to have Robert back as moderator given his excellent work laid the solid foundation for this extremely positive development. I know I join the members in great appreciation and looking forward to a new direction for this forum so that it can finally fulfill its intended purpose and potential. With this great news, the forum has shed and moved beyond its unfortunate “thrust-and-parry” beginnings and is now on a solid, positive path.

Vidar, you can be secure in the knowledge that you have done a very good thing in terms of this development, and we forum members are extremely grateful. Job well-done, Vidar!

The following members like this: Tim Duncan, Tom Photiou, Eivind Mork, Gwyn Morgan and Douglas Warren
Vidar Olavesen and Greg Perry say Thank You!

John Hourigan
Date registered 02.16.2018
ThankYou 36

Last edited 05.20.2018 | Top

#25 by Robert Crewdson , Sun May 20, 2018 8:28 am

Congratulations Greg on becoming the new owner of this forum. Having got to know you a bit better than most through messages and emails, I know that you will make an excellent leader. I would also like to thank Vidar for all his hard work in the beginning, setting up and designing this forum. The forum is now in a very safe pair of hands.

The following members like this: Tim Duncan, Tom Photiou, John Hourigan, Eivind Mork and Gwyn Morgan
Greg Perry and Vidar Olavesen say Thank You!

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
ThankYou 68

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor