Good Night at theOscars...........or not?

#1 by Gwyn Morgan , Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:42 am

Glad to see Ennio Morricone won for H8 a worthy winner and long overdue I think the academy had some guilty feeling over not giving him one earlier for the Mission,still well deserved in my opinion for H8.
Not too sure about some of the other winners still over to you📽📽📽

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

RE: Good Night at theOscars...........or not?

#2 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:02 am

I stopped watching the Oscars years ago for a number of reasons.
However that is good news for old Ennio.

David Hardy
Last edited Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:02 am | Top

#3 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:55 pm

I've just caught the highlights on C4 News tonight, I nearly up chucked listening to De Caprio ranting on about the planet, do these
cardboard cut outs think we have no memory, has he himself forgotten how a beauty spot in Thailand I think it was, that was destroyed
to create "The Beach", an over rated vehicle for himself and bloody Danny Boyle. There are no words that I wouldn't prefix with the "F"
word to let him know what I think of him. These are the people that have private jets or in some cases whole airliners telling us how
WE should be more conscious of how we live! Obnoxious little twat!

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:55 pm | Top

#4 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:14 pm

I forgot to mention the little black comedian, having a poke at "all you white folks" and how black actors are in the minority, probably
'cos they're stoned out of their little pointed heads on dope, or maybe the films being made don't have a part for a black actor, due
to being historically correct as opposed to politically, as in the latest Tarantino film, reference being made to a battle that Dern & Jackson
fought in during the civil war, Baton Rouge 1862, in fact black soldiers would never have been in it, because they were not enlisted until 1863. History being rewritten to accommodate them? Maybe they want to remember the "Blaxploitation" films, that had a short run, even "Blacula" & "Blackenstein" apart from the "Cleopatra Jones" and "Shaft" vehicles.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#5 by Gwyn Morgan , Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:26 pm

Think Vidar deserves an Oscar for perseverance 📽📽📽

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

#6 by Alan Rik , Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:26 am

It was a dull night at the Oscars. Yawn.

Alan Rik  
Alan Rik
Date registered 11.15.2015
ThankYou 14

#7 by Tom Photiou , Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:23 pm

The Oscars!!!
Yes i am pleased that Ennio Morricone won something, he's been robbed for years by the Oscars,
Generally a bunch of smarmy up there own ass idiots and as always with the USA and the UK the only thing they seemed bothered about was what gender or Colour person won.
Am i to assume then that Oscars must be awarded to black people simply because of the colour of there skin? What a load of Politically correct shit.
apparently there are too many old white men on the board, isn't that being racist and ageist?

Vidar Olavesen likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#8 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:39 pm

It's a shame really when the race card has to be played, indeed my favourite coloured actor is Woody Strode, but if you were making
a film of the English Civil War, you would not have a part for Woodrow! It's a cheap shot when the coloured actors harp on "is it 'cos I
is Black", indeed if there is discrimination, it is towards the older female actresses, age comes to us all, talent is like wealth, badly
shared out. There are some superb actresses on both sides of the Atlantic, but in many cases they are shelved, "to old for the part".
An example I will use is Dame Judy Dench, she was annoyed, as was I myself when she was written out of the "Bond " franchise, WHY? She excelled as M, if that isn't discrimination against women, I'll eat hay with a F'['##''; horse.

Hugh Thompson Scott

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
How fleeting is memory to the young

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor