Anyone heard back from our anonymous readers here?

#1 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:50 am

Just a quick question for Vidar and David as I feel we will have to act here in the next few days now to maintain the integrity of our recently voted policy and to withhold the wishes of the majority of our named members here.

Nothing has come my way btw since posting the final request yesterday.

It's a shame we have to lose some members who refuse to comply, but no one can argue they haven't had chance or been warned of our policy here now.

Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:57 am | Top

RE: Anyone heard back from our anonymous readers here?

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:19 am

Yes, really strange that giving your name should be so scary. I think we should check registry date and if more than a month, t gets deleted.

Mats Abelli likes this

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#3 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:26 am

Speaking purely as an observer and member, if these people prefer to hide behind an alias and not be known, on a great little forum
such as this, then they are no loss to delete them, we welcome folk on here, but if giving a simple thing like your name is a problem, then why did you sign up in the first place? Maybe my bad mind, but I reckon ulterior motives, like spies in the camp, anyway, no reply,
delete.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Mats Abelli
Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:28 am | Top

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:32 am

Agreed Hugh, and that is why action is now imminent if David and Vidar have heard nothing.

We cannot have non posting strangers here accepting the same access rights to the forum and all of its posts and sales offered here by members as our genuine members have.
It just isn't fair to them.

We need contributors here, not casual snoopers.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Mats Abelli
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:37 am | Top

#5 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:39 am

Not anyone has contacted me either

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#6 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:56 am

We shall tidy up here then Vidar, very soon.
We can do no more, we have tried to appeal to these people on numerous occasions and receive little or nothing in return.
Therefore we have to assume a complete lack of interest from these people to wish to participate or comply with what we have here.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Andrew Woodcock

#7 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:59 am

We could send a PM to them first and let them know

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#8 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:05 am

Yes. A good idea Vidar, but with a short time span for a response attached.
Otherwise, we fail our members here by continuing to allow this to go on and on for each case.

We have some new members who have only been with us a matter of days or weeks still at this moment. I would leave these guys exempt from a PM just yet. It's not necessary, but for others who we have already allowed things to go over the allotted time frame by at least a month, we have no choice but to move at pace with these people now.

They have had more than, a fair chance if they're genuine and are therefore genuinely interested in staying on-board here.

No one likes to see members excluded here, least of all myself. But I feel these guys are not here for the reasons the rest of complying members are, and as said, we need to uphold our members wishes here or else the result of the vote would be farcical.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:11 am | Top

#9 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:16 am

The simple procedure would be to issue an edict in a timescale, if the new comers don't see it, too bad, it shows they have
not been watching, you must be hard here, if the "alias's" don't re-register, no loss, we can think the worst. The time is now to
put the situation right.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#10 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:19 am

Agreed overall Hugh. I will obviously let Vidar decide how we finally draw a line in the sand now regarding this one, but hopefully the membership numbers here will look a whole lot more "transparent" very very soon.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:20 am | Top

#11 by Paul Browning , Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:26 am

I just don't get this at all ?, or is it because you said so and so on this forum about da da maybe this is the real reason, they want to remain nameless and " transparent" so they
can slag someone off for something. I think a Robocop line might be appropriate here " you have ten seconds to comply" .

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#12 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:36 am

Totally agree there Paul, never mind the figures on joining, a lot of these could be bogus, now is the time to sort this out, if they rejoin
fine, we know who these people are, if they don't, then they were not forum material. On the other forums, alias's are not tolerated
although on the 8mm forum I've noticed Dogtor Frank N. Stein seems immune. So bite the bullet and square it up lads.

Paul Browning likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:53 am | Top

#13 by Paul Browning , Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:56 am

This is what pisses me off now with society as a whole, especially in the UK, too many think that these rules " don't apply to me ", without them nothing would work at all,
is it just too much to ask of someone politely, "what is your name please" , or do we just call you " Dickhead " because its how your acting.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#14 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:45 am

Must admit it does sound strange. At the end of the day we are all film collectors, we collect film end of, why on earth would you not want to show your name so the other person know's who he or she is responding/speaking to. No secrecy here

Del Phillipson

#15 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:33 am

Yes, we are film collectors and should stick together. And I feel closer to real persons than those hiding. Still not sure why they dpn't dare say what they want, unless hiding. Are they saying stuff they are not person enough to stsnd for?

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#16 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:34 am

Well I've counted twelve non entities, you have already given fair warning, it has not been taken on board, so erase them.
They were told before Christmas, nothing back, so scrub them, we can make up our own names to fill the gaps. I would look to get
something printed permanently on the forum at the top of the page stating real names only, they have nothing to offer so cancel them out, including Eegah Chaka, also a really bad film from '63.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:43 am | Top

#17 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:49 am

The only place I managed to write real names only is when they register.I guess nobody would read rules anyways, but ...

I think I will go through the names, PM them that their accounts will be deleted in a week. I will do that tomorrow

Thanks for all feedback

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#18 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:11 pm

I notice "Sondre" is on here right now!

To Sondre, why not submit your full real name now, while you are on here to Vidar or myself in order to preserve your membership with us here?

Andrew Woodcock

#19 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:37 pm

No surprises there then! This type of action really is the reason why people like myself, the genuine ones, lose a lot of interest in some individuals you see on forums.

You offer a line of assistance, and what do you get back in return....nothing! Just completely ignored. I for one, despise ignorance!!

It's time to tidy up here now. These people have a different agenda to the rest of us here!!!

As soon as a notification is placed on here to offer a helping hand, they disappear under a rock again.

Don't even bother with a PM here. It's a complete waste of your time Vidar!!!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:43 pm | Top

#20 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:39 pm

My attitude to warnings is to not give any more, they are not going to respond, so my way is simple, cancel their memberships, they
would not be tolerated in any other forums, except Dogtor Frank N. Stein, for some reason. If they wish to re join under a real name,
fine, otherwise they are to be considered as undesirables and they should be cancelled. Remember how the members on SFFF reacted
to an open forum and sharing of their sacred manuals, or how on the 8mm forum, how Vidar was insulted by a handful of arseholes, sad
I was not a member to come to his aid, well, the boot is on the other foot, Vidar, sort them out, you are boss on here.

Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Hugh Thompson Scott

#21 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:45 pm

Andrew, you have tried to help these people, but respect has to be earned, they are taking the mickey, I wouldn't even waste
time on emails, they were told months ago and nothing has changed, you lads need to get tough, get rid.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#22 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:47 pm

Vidar only has to say the word Hugh and I will gladly "tidy up ".
Ultimately, it's Vidar's forum and its his wishes and his way of going about things that first and foremost, must be respected here.

Btw, I've equally never understood the whole "Dogter" thing either?

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:50 pm | Top

#23 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:52 pm

I would like to call it our forum. You can go ahead if you like. Hugh is right, they have gotten time to comply. As we agree to be ourselves here, to get new friends, I feel okay with this.

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#24 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:55 pm

No problems Vidar. I am on nights so I will just be seeing to the one immediately, but believe me, I will tackle this with glee tomorrow morning when I'm home again!

Now go off and enjoy your cup final now like me also Vidar! Ha ha

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:56 pm | Top

#25 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:19 pm

Congratulations with a trophy :-/ Liverpool defence just sucks ... Anyone have Liverpool films for sale? I love seeing the good old team, Neal, Clemence, Hughes, Keegan, Dalglish and so on. THAT was a solid time :-) No wonder I want a time machine to go back to the 70's and relive this again. And be able to go see film in the cinema. Those were the days

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
WD40 on film

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor