Are our members reallly interested in screen shots

#1 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:41 pm

Just wondering if our members are interested at all given the lack of interest, I was going to dig into the vaults, but thought
why? who cares.

Paul Browning likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott

RE: Are our members reallly interested in screen shots

#2 by Paul Browning , Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:00 am

Oh yes Hugh, especially if its one I don't have or is on my hit list, its what the forum is about for me, plus your great in depth knowledge on the subject of all things film,
and as quite a lot of films were never on super 8, so we can join the "envy club" as to what it might have been like having them film on 8mm. Keep them coming my son.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#3 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:15 am

I love the screenshots. Do not stop posting them :-)

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#4 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:34 am

Reason I ask is, that we have pics, not just mine, which are awful, but other members and hardly a peep from all
members logged on, which is sad really, as these pictures are very good and no doubt spoiled a viewing of said film
for the poor soul involved, but sparse response from our members, granted I too am guilty, but I'm one, where are the rest?

Hugh Thompson Scott

#5 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:09 am

I like seeing them though my own attempts at doing so are usually terrible. I'll get the hang of it one day!

Douglas Warren

#6 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:40 am

I'm completely baffled by your last post there Hugh, if I'm honest.
Are the screenshots you view awful ...or very good??

Who's viewing would be spoiled by taking them?

In my particular case, the camera now sits on the tripod. I set it to video mode,zoom in to the screen, let it focus the best it can, then press start.
Then I just sit and watch the film as any other time until the reel is up. No hassle at all if I'm honest.

Admittedly, as one who posts one or two (Ha ha), a few more from others though certainly wouldn't go amiss for me, as I love to see what is out there whether I have that particular print already or not.

Comments are welcomed I agree, but I for one, certainly don't feel they are mandatory, as people choose for themselves whether or not they wish to pass comment.

More posts from more members per se is what i would like to see here ultimately to keep the forum both interesting and varied.
Preferably regarding films, literature and artifacts as well as film related equipment though, I will add.
Otherwise specialized forums like these become an exclusive members only version of Facebook before you know it.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:34 am | Top

#7 by Tom Photiou , Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:16 am

I like them but not too many if I am honest. I try to do up half a dozen when I do them. As per my reviews.
I know some people struggle to do them, when I'm watching my movies I just want to do that,watch them,rather than faff about trying to take pictures,however,i eventually found the best way which works for me. I know all my films very well now so all I do is get my simple canon digital camera ready with flash off and zoom in to fit the screen and all I do is wait for a part of the movie which is as still as possible,face close ups or scenery shot, these work very well and generally show enough info on here to give you the overall condition of both picture quality. And condition. As well as colour,although colour is never a vivid as the film on screen.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#8 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:23 am

Half a dozen or Hundreds, they are all welcome here. You've done your bit in the past Tom, now let's see if others will do likewise hopefully.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:32 am | Top

#9 by Tom Photiou , Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:01 pm

Yep.If in doubt follow the way I do them.It's very simples

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#10 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:26 pm

No, I'm not criticising anyone else's pictures, only my attempts, which I never seem to get the same results twice, which made me think
who is interested after all, as it just causes frustration. In my opinion, the layout of these cameras leaves a lot to be desired, too many aps, instead of a menu to decide shutter speeds and F stops.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#11 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:10 pm

Still interested to see the screenshots, Hugh and yours are not bad. I love to see what's out there and what quality the print has

Keep the screenshots coming all

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#12 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:36 pm

I agree Vidar, any screenshots are good screenshots, including yours Hugh. No doubting that.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:40 pm | Top

#13 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:25 pm

Aye Guys ... KEEP EM' COMING !
NUFF SAID !!!

David Hardy

#14 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:59 pm

As there is clearly people here that do still enjoy a screenshot session or two. I for one will keep em comin' David.

As administrators here, you get to notice one or two factual pieces of information that otherwise would remain unknown to members.
One is that there are two main topics of conversation that bring about a huge upsurge of "hits" to our forum...
The first and most prevalent of any, is scandal and school yard bickering. (Yeah sad I know, but nevertheless a fact! Some people are seemingly only happy posting on forums when there is some form of unrest to join in with it would seem. How sad is that???)

The second is the posting of screenshots. This is a far more constructive way of boosting our ratings here imho!!

This of course is a generalization, but nevertheless, more often than not, is a truth on both counts.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:36 pm | Top

#15 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:49 am

I second that Andrew.

David Hardy

#16 by Tom Photiou , Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:43 pm

I,ll keep some coming to especially when I do a couple of reviews

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#17 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:49 pm

You're right Andrew, I suppose it is a good advert for our forum, so I'll persevere, indeed my language skills are improving
every time I stick this bloody camera on the tripod, the bad kind of course. Thanks also you chaps for the kind words of encouragement,
I only wish these cameras were as straight forward as my old 35mm.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:51 pm | Top

#18 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:55 pm

It is what it is all about ultimately. Screening real film and then discussing it. The shots help to both share this experience of sorts in my opinion, but also cement any discussions that subsequently take place regarding print / colour quality of a said print run etc etc.

The only thing we cannot intercompere here sadly, is sound quality of a particular film.
Hopefully, one day, we will be able to upload video footage of our films in run one day, which will go a long way to sharing that aspect also, including before and after takes on re recordings.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:56 pm | Top

#19 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:06 pm

COMING SOON...Once I have revamped my Home Cinema set-up I will post screenshots.

David Hardy

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Posting in the Galleries.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor