3D

#1 by David Ollerearnshaw , Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:38 pm

Been watching a few 3D films on *&^((^ After watching Creature Black Lagoon, Dial M For Murder, House Of Wax, I wish these could have been done on super 8mm.
I know that a few were done in red/cyan but to see Creature in proper! 3D was an eye opener. I.ve seen the above films a few times, but they were like watching a new film. The good thing too the 3D effect was not over used. House Of Wax just the bat & ball. They looked like you could just step in and join them. I have seen two at the cinema, not the best really Coming At Ya and Jaws 3D. Some scenes again you could get up and join them.

Another one tonight Inferno.

Got to watch like this rewiring living room and dust everywhere, and the bricks are bloody hard. Think I need Hugh he's a builder?

I still love the smell of film in the morning

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

RE: 3D

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:24 pm

Good luck with the rewire David!
Hope you get your home cinema for showing your films in, up and running again soon.

Andrew Woodcock

#3 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:30 pm

But, watch your language :-) Digital (pukes a little) not something you should mention here
LOL

I have only one 3D film on Super 8 myself. Were there many released? I have It Came From Outer Space

David Ollerearnshaw likes this

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

#4 by Mats Abelli , Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:57 pm

Castle had a few titles. I don´t know if other companies released any 3D films. https://books.google.no/books?id=i4tYyn6...ms%203D&f=false

Mats Abelli
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Nättraby, Sweden
ThankYou 112

#5 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:03 pm

Derann released a few for sure, but I don't have any.

Andrew Woodcock

#6 by David Ollerearnshaw , Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:11 pm

That's one of the super 8 I have, Quite good too. Creature was another. Bought one from Derann Pete Smith type, bloody crap. Suppose the super 8 frame would be too small to have real polarised 3D.

David Ollerearnshaw
ThankYou 61

#7 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:59 am

I was given by my late Uncle, a 3D set of a polarisation lens and a couple of pair of glasses. It worked great on any B/W film. The last
time I used it was when I had my little flat, ( a single floor dwelling ) my mate was enthralled, he even gave the impression he was trying
to get into the screen, it was a silver job, from the Clearvue company, but the effect was excellent, he nearly knocked over Peter Cushings test tubes in the Americom "Curse of Frankenstein". The illusion was very good.

David Ollerearnshaw likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott

#8 by David Ollerearnshaw , Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:09 pm

Every post seems to stir old memories. Clearvue Projection Co. Bet I've still got the samples they used to send.

David Ollerearnshaw
ThankYou 61

#9 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:08 pm

I am not a lover of 3D but I do have a copy of the Columbia...200' MAD MAGICIAN ...Vincent Price .
I have about 6 pairs of those glasses.
There were some 3D prints of the Three Stooges "SPOOKS" kicking about at one time from Columbia.

David Hardy

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Calling Admin!

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor