CANNON FILM PRODUCTIONS.

#1 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:39 am

Cannon Film Productions ... the epitome of UTTER GARBAGE !!!
I will say no more as the same applied to their Cinema Chain.

David Hardy

RE: CANNON FILM PRODUCTIONS.

#2 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:44 am

The bastards ruined the British Cinema, they should have been f.''pp; g hung!! A pair of Jewish conmen! How the powers that
be were took in by them is alarming, indeed Alexander Walker's and Andrew Yules books reveal what a pair of charlatans these
two crooks were, these two men ruined the British Film Industry in such a short time, even to the point of asset stripping
a studio!! Luckily, the local Council moved in and halted the procedure. The protagonists even tried to sue each other, typical.
Oy Vay.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:55 am | Top

#3 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:20 am

The fault of the matter is Government, and how films are made, hoops have to be jumped through, investments must be more
or less guaranteed , the foreign market, these guys told lies upon lies, they were believed, but our MPs have careers on the same
no less. so films were made, at a loss, more lies told, more funding, more lies, films made at a loss, until they were bankrupt,
the bailiffs were called in to asset strip, hence the studio nearly gone, through a pair of no good jewish conmen.
Oy but they were fine boys, a mothers boys, oy.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:40 am | Top

#4 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:44 pm

Hugh you should have seen the state they allowed some of the onetime owned ABC Circuit and Thorn EMI "Luxury" Cinemas to
get in. Holes in the yellow coloured screens. Walls in a mess full of damp and mould. The seats were disgusting.
They never spent a penny on these sites. It seemed to me they were intent in letting these once great cinemas
to become as bad as their product. UTTER SHIT !!!

Mats Abelli likes this
David Hardy

#5 by David Ollerearnshaw , Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:48 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cannon_Group,_Inc. This is quite an eye opener. Do you remember that Cannon Cinemas used to be called Classic Cinemas or some of them.

I still love the smell of film in the morning

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

#6 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:59 am

I watched a documentary about those two shysters a couple of months. To say their business dealings at times (if not most often) were questionable is not surprising. I wasn't aware of the damage they did to the British Cinema industry. That is a shame and criminal on all counts IMO.

Douglas Warren

#7 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:01 pm

David ...Thanks for the link. Yes I remember them buying up a few Cinemas in the UK.
A sad state of affairs that should never have been allowed to happen.

David Hardy

#8 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:01 pm

Doug I think that's the same documentary I saw.

David Hardy

#9 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:04 pm

Here is what I think of Cannon ...

Attached pictures:
Dirty Work.jpg  

Paul Browning likes this
David Hardy

#10 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:34 pm

Are you meaning no Cannon film is good at all? I think there was a few nice titles myself. What they did to the industry, I have not heard much about. Runaway Train was okay and I like Death Wish II. I wasn't the biggest fan of the Invasion USA, Delta Force, but they're not that bad, are they?

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

#11 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:41 pm

Vidar ... They were one of the worst film companys ever. It was controlled by a couple of TWATS.
The Death Wish films were/are a fine example of the "garbage" that did well at the box office
at the time.
I know as I was there working in the industry at the time. Jeez the public didn't half pay to
watch some crap at that period.
However Hey -Ho it kept me in a job I suppose !

David Hardy

#12 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:32 pm

They were known as the "Go Go Boys", a pair of Israeli carpetbaggers, con men who rode high for a time by making baseless mergers,
kidology, they bought out Thorn EMI, which gave them 40% of the screens in Britain, but when the bubble burst, Warners snatched
up their chance of obtaining those cinema circuits, we nearly lost Elstree Studios through them, it was only through Hertsmere
Borough Council who placed a preservation order on the studio and its contents, or that would have been lost. They bought up over
400 screens in the US, were starting to make a name in Europe, with non other than Silvio Berlosconni, good company there then. The
Rank Film Labs were pleased no less, as they did all the processing of Cannons UK base. All this smoke & mirrors can only go on for so long before the Credit companies and Banks smell them out, the Dept. of Trade didn't take to them either. Their policy of making cheap
films and selling the rights, before a frame of film was shot, soon caught up with them. I can honestly say that out of all their output,
there are only two titles I'd care to own on s/8 or 16mm, "Texas Chainsaw 2" & "Runaway Train". Not a glowing recommendation by any
stretch, Golan formed his own company "21st Century Films" after the Cannon misfire.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#13 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:33 am

A very sad state of affairs, when you of a certain age, before the Multiplexes, had at least two or three cinemas in your town,
cities even more, all showing different films from different era's, loads of "B" films, which in many cases were better than the
"A" Films, the epic reruns, the horror/sci-fi films, all stopped by consortiums buying up film libraries for TV & Video/DVD release.
the folk like the aforementioned did not help cinema in the slightest, still, we all have our own loved films to enjoy, free of
restraint, and I trust, bloody adverts!!

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott

#14 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:00 pm

It might be of interest to interested parties, that a documentary is on FILM4 on Wednesday 24th FEBRUARY 12.40- 2.55 am, entitled
"ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: THE WILD UNTOLD STORY OF CANNON FILMS", should prove interesting.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#15 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:27 am

Hugh,
That was the documentary I watched recently about Cannon Films.Quite good and very entertaining.

Douglas Warren

#16 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:58 pm

Apparently they're back in business (though in name only so far:)

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/41408/c...ack-in-business

Looks like you can't keep a crap factory down for good.

Douglas Warren

#17 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:48 pm

OH NO !!!!!

David Hardy

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
movie-theater-projection-room

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor