Give me strength ...........ahhh

#1 by Gwyn Morgan , Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:16 pm

Today I went to the local cinema because the wife said she would like to see "Revenent"Alls well get through the ads and trailers all different formats but regardless shown in widescreen.Now for the scope feature .....you guessed it no scope still in widescreen,well gave it to let titles through them walked of downstairs to the foyer to explain to the usherette .Well the conversation went something like this Me ..the film in screen one is in the wrong format.Her ...what....the picture is the wrong size.......H...no let me see.....At which point we go back to the screen where she looks turns to me and says "It will get bigger during the film" she turned and walked out.
About five minutes later there was a lot of door banging near the projection box and the screen went black and lo and behold a change of format.
The whole cinema experience is gone......

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

RE: Give me strength ...........ahhh

#2 by David Ollerearnshaw , Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:38 pm

My local videma while it now as a larger screen there are no curtains. Years ago they used to show 4x3 on the full screen and then the masking came down same width, but half the hight. Its kind of better, but still don't like watching video.

Everything seems to be done on the cheap now. No pride anymore.

I still love the smell of film in the morning

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

RE: Give me strength ...........ahhh

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:58 pm

You are often better off watching it home now on BR, a decent HC Amp & Spkrs and a HD VP. Comfy seats also at home after 2hrs and no one txting !

Not many young people now can concentrate on anything for longer than 30 minutes let alone a 2hr film without getting i phone withdrawal symptoms.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:02 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
How often do you watch film?

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor