Is it just me...........

#1 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:33 pm

Saw an article in the news where some poor lady from the USA, was murdered on the beach on the Island of Grenada by some
lunatic with a "sword", her husband flew the scene? I read it more than once, flew the scene? Never in a million years, they were on
the beach, sand is a weapon, I have rescued many a damsel in distress, once in my Susie's company when a bunch of thugs were giving
a girl a hard time in a phone booth, the buggers soon took off, I hasten to add, I am not John Wayne, but would never desert anyone
in a fix, just my style, I hate the so called males, who can stand by while some horrible crime is committed, bugger the fines, get stuck in, too often do we read of this kind of thing, only for passers by to ignore, the change in your pocket is an instant cosh in a sock,
or your belt, to desert someone in need of help is terrible, someone with a condition, fine, but this bugger was fit enough to run.
How will he sleep at night?

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:34 pm | Top

RE: Is it just me...........

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:39 pm

No its not just you Hugh lol.

Remember the elderly Lady who spoiled the thieves activities a few years back at a busy high st Manchester Jewellers?

She was as old as my Mum and still managed to flee the crooks relatively empty handed, by beating them with her brolly from all accounts as they tried fleeing the scene on a moped! Ha ha.

Hardly the great train robbery or Italian Job!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:40 pm | Top

#3 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:50 pm

Exactly Andrew, that dear old soul was a Heroine in every sense of the word, sadly that spirit is leaving our once proud country
as we are further diluted by people who have not our values or love of life. Me, I'm getting to be an old man now, but can still hold my own in a scrap, and will still do so, to protect folk that need protecting. I am getting near to my pension age now, but am still a F'[;'..;g
handful to those foolish enough to try, but deserting a woman is unforgivable in her hour of need, I belong now to a time past, sadly.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:51 pm | Top

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:57 pm

Human life form in general now Hugh, isn't something that's either particularly respected or valued unfortunately by all too many.

There are far too many self centred people now to ever give a damn nowadays about any other human being. Sad but very true unfortunately.

Andrew Woodcock

#5 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:16 am

I can remember at my Junior school, we were inspected every morning in the school yard, lined up regimental style for clean shoes,
our Head Master, Mr Lance Fitzsimmonds, went along the lines of school lads, stopping every so often to exclaim, " Your Mother cleaned
them lad, my office", how the hell he knew we didn't know, but he did instil in us, me, a sense of pride, he was a lovely man, he beat me and my mate solid, after we nearly killed him in a stone throwing fight, ( he just appeared behind a corner at the wrong time) after schooltime, we were marched back to school and flogged, this was when all kids should have been home. Anyway, the upshot is this, we had
a huge picture of our Queen, along side cases of flint knives etc in the corridor, this was Britain, we were Her Majesty's subjects. We did not have the problems we have now through bloody ethnics that have taken over in this sad, diluted in morals country today, which is why I feel out of touch. We are not in any way evolved for the better, only poorer in morale.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:20 am | Top

#6 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:38 pm

Which is precisely why Hugh, now more than ever, you (meaning us all) simply source the people who matter to you more than ever before.
We still have many kind, warm, generous & cultured lovely human beings among our shores. Just spend time valuing those rather than wasting your energies on those who do not matter or even deserve such attention.

That is my motto and twopennyworth anyhow, for what it's worth!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:49 pm | Top

#7 by Tom Photiou , Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:23 pm

As the "good book" says, an eye for an eye, im with you on this one. I would have taken a beating rather than run off and leave the Mrs there. Disgusting, trouble is today, (& i am only 53), everyone is molly cuddled and all pink n gay and wrapped in cotton wool. I remember the old woman in Manchester Andy, thats a great watch on you-tube. good on her.
Also, especially in this country, you have to stay quiet and not offend anyone. If someone gets in your house at midnight and you shove them down the stairs to protect yourself and your family, if he dies YOU are in trouble. Thats why so much scum around the world want to come here to live, if your a criminal or gangster,(and there's lots of them here now), you know dam well if your caught you wont get much of a punishment.
That guy does not deserve a wife, (or girlfriend) after running away like that.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 545

#8 by Alan Rik , Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:43 pm

That reminds me of the Swedish Film "Force Majeure". The one where there is a mini avalanche and a man who is sitting with his family runs for cover and leaves his wife and kids to save himself. The woman sees and doesn't say anything but she can't let it go until she brings it up to him when she is dining with mutual friends at dinner. Is he a coward? Is he only human? All topics discussed in this film. Was nominated for an Academy Award in 2014.

Alan Rik  
Alan Rik
Date registered 11.15.2015
ThankYou 14

#9 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:56 pm

Good point Alan, quite an anomaly, I've been in a situation in Manchester, a fire in a hotel, where I was interrupted in viewing
"Rodan", thank God, FIRE! I could have run for the nearest exit, but thought of the bollocking in store if my better half survived, so headed
up to the suite where we were situated, encountering a big coloured bouncer ( it housed a disco) who was not going to let me pass, I
persuaded him otherwise, I was not in the mood to be buggered about, my little mate had flown the coup, bed clothes strewn, a bunch of foreign girls were in a suite opposite ours, who did not know of the peril, so I bundled them out. I was terrified we would all perish, I am not a hero, but put across calm and order, inside, I was a bundle of nerves, I kept thinking, I've came to meet Harryhausen and am going to die, it is frightening, and I was bloody terrified. As it was, my "little horror" appeared when calm replaced chaos, as the folk were allowed back into the Hotel, Dave Prowse loved it, Susan in her nightie. I have taken on "The Bilko Blackhill mob" singlehandedly, my then girlfriend was ushered to safety, I had a boat knife to hand and would have used it, they all took off. Anger can be a good ally at times, but I can
never, ever imagine leaving anyone in a situation, that is alien to me. The guy that legged it while his wife was being attacked should be jailed, the Captain of a recent tragedy in Italy was, why not this guy. I can understand in a war situation, but in defence of a woman
against an attacker, no excuse.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:59 pm | Top

#10 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:04 am

Ah the wonders of Sasha's! Ha ha. It's a wonder you didn't fall over Alex Higgins on the way out Hugh. He was always leathered in there back in the day!

Andrew Woodcock

#11 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:13 am

Andrew, that Hotel was awful, I was not impressed at all, the suite was beautiful, the food terrible, no wonder the kitchens caught
fire! The Maitre de, asked if our meal was satisfactory, she hadn't realised, I am the physical end, but Susan gave her what for, anyway
I understand the next year, they had it all again, David Warbeck among others, herded into the streets with fires at the Manchester Film
Convention. I feel sorry for poor Harry Nadler, my lovely little oppo for these events, but I'm a country boy, these things are odd to us
bumkins, I was scared, but in those situations, you can't show it, a change of nappy might have helped.

Hugh Thompson Scott

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Misleading e bay

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor