Misleading e bay

#1 by David Ollerearnshaw , Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:27 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

A 16mm film with colour stills but its b/w
Werbung: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Truce-Hurt...~wAAOSwX~dWo0n7

I still love the smell of film in the morning

The following contents have been linked to this post::

Mats Abelli likes this

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

RE: Misleading e bay

#2 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:37 pm

Typical ebay, just like the sellers of a film that give a full history of its making, but not if sound or silent.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#3 by Tom Photiou , Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:42 pm

The biggest things i find annoying are simply people selling who are not collectors and put up perfect clear images they have taken off Google and say pictures are a guide,
others say i dont the equipment to test it on but it looks in good condition, how do these tosser know if they cant view it.
Thats why IF,(only if) i buy on ebay its from someone you either know or has aqueduct feedback or has clearly sold cine films before, like me, all my films have as honest description as possible and all the images i use are taken from the print i am selling, if it has fade i state that etc.
It can be quite annoying to see some of crap on there, specially when they list trash with start prices in the 100s.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#4 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:35 pm

Totally agree Tom, don't you love the "I haven't the necessary equipment to view , but it is in excellent condition, no marks I can see,
have unrolled a few feet and it is okay"

Hugh Thompson Scott

#5 by Jonathan Trevithick ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:57 pm

That Ebay listing is a bit misleading!
When I sell things on Ebay, I try to be as accurate as I can. If there are any negatives, I try accentuate them, unlike some sellers who try to come up with phrases which shroud any issues.
I also don't understand when some sellers declare "excellent'' regarding condition...except it's red! Surely,colour fade relates to condition?

Jonathan Trevithick

#6 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:11 pm

Tickles me just how many talk at huge length of what condition the box is in!

From the sales pitch, it's the box that everyone's after, that coily stuff inside is just something to keep the box in shape during transit

Bin that once it arrives!! Ha ha ha.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:12 pm | Top

#7 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:17 pm

Jonathan, I agree there too, but" the film is perfect in every respect", (note condition of item ), then they "might mention, "a bit of fade"
translation, red as they come. I once bought " The Odessa File" on ebay on s/8 400' Columbia, it was lucky if it was 300', missing about
5mins or more from beginning, splices torn sprockets, I didn't even try to put this film through , a view of its state on spool was enough.
Strangely enough, I'd bought from the same chap, a beautiful print of the '66 World Cup in colour on 16mm, about 10 mins in length.
He accepted the 8mm back. I think a lot of these sellers are boot sales buyers and have not a clue as to the "tapes" they sell. Just caught
our Andrew's input, and he is so right!

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:19 pm | Top

#8 by Jonathan Trevithick ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:31 am

I love the sellers who spend about 8 paragraphs summarizing the movie, its stars (usually a cut and paste job from the internet) and then nothing about condition!

Jonathan Trevithick

#9 by Jonathan Trevithick ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:32 am

Sorry Hugh did say all that earlier!

Jonathan Trevithick

#10 by Paul Barker , Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:24 am

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

with the recent Paul Foster fraud case what is amazing is that his sales user site is still up and running on ebay. surely ebay have been informed and know of his fraudulent activities. if this is the case just how many other scammers are known by ebay and are still selling. i know many are careful before buying. but looking at this i think all need to think seriously who they are actually dealing with.

Paul Barker  
Paul Barker
Date registered 12.01.2015
ThankYou 45

#11 by Mats Abelli , Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:15 am

It was closed, but opened again.

Mats Abelli
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Nättraby, Sweden
ThankYou 112

#12 by David Ollerearnshaw , Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:44 am

One of the best I saw was super 8 films unable to test no equipment, but further down the listing was a projector in excellent condition. I do gie them a wide berth.

I still love the smell of film in the morning

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Thank you, Mr. Amazing

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor