Braun Visacustic Control Unit - Steuergeraet

#1 by John Guthrie , Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:56 pm

Here is an English version of the manual.

Regards
John

Attachment:
Steuergerat.pdf

Paul Browning likes this
Paul Browning, Alessandro Pavoni and Marc Martí say Thank You!
John Guthrie  
John Guthrie
Date registered 10.24.2015
home: Perth , Western Australia
ThankYou 15

Last edited 06.17.2017 | Top

RE: Braun Visacustic Control Unit - Steuergerat

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:57 pm

Thanks again John!

Andrew Woodcock

#3 by Paul Browning , Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:35 pm

Yes thank you John for this English translation of this unit, I purchased one off Ebay some months back but it only had the german instruction manual so this will sort out what
it all does without my guessing what each switch or button does. It looks very well made and weighs a fair bit for a small unit. I will try and make some patch cables now, I have a uher cr210 tape player/recorder so could get the two machines linked together and then onto the camera for some pulse sync shots on my canon 1014 xl-s.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:43 pm

Nice find Paul. Have you used it to control a projector yet?

Andrew Woodcock

#5 by Paul Browning , Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:06 pm

No Andrew, I just could not figure the pin out on the din plugs. This unit is very similar to the cresta pulse sync units I have, but this has a digital pulse reader unlike the cresta unit which is a seperate unit. This is typical of all the German made products I find, beautifully made and great quality, I may be able to sync this to a braun camera I have too. I was
hoping to get this to work with the Beaulieu 708 el projector as this has the reed switch pulse out socket on the back panel, the cresta pulse machine picks these up quite good but does not crystal lock this like the pedro unit does, so its a bit of an handful. I may try it with the Uher tape machine first as this is mentioned in the write up for the din plug configuration, it came with one din plug, but I think this is to connect it to a Braun projector, I can now check this with my fluke meter for correct pin outs.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#6 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:22 pm

I am certain if you can make a patch lead to match with the din socket input on the controller, you could get a pulse to it from the Beaulieu reed switch socket.

Let us know how you get on Paul, sounds like a nice unit. I will try to source one myself in this next year to see how I may be able to adapt it on my Bauer for my recordings. It would be great if my software could control my projectors speed frame for frame electronically.

Andrew Woodcock

#7 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:12 pm

Does the Braun "Steuergeraet" controller work for the Braun Visacoustic 1000 model as well as the 2000 model Stuart?

I thought I'd read somewhere it was only compatible with the 2000 model?

Ps Stuart, the attached manual in this thread for the controller unit contains ALL of the 5 Pin Din or 6 Pin Din wiring configurations.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Stuart Reid sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:16 pm | Top

Elmo Hi-Vision SC-18 Instruction Manual
Fumeo 9119 technical manual

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor