The Dreaded Format

#1 by David Ollerearnshaw , Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:45 pm

The Dreaded Format, Just watched 3 Hammer classics on that format. Hound of the Baskervilles, Quatermass and the Pit and Plague of the Zombies. While I enjoyed them give me film anyday. I only wish they could have been done complete on super 8. The Quatermass looked odd, too much messing with. I'll have to get my 4x400ft of the last two to see how they should look.

"Is it safe?"

http://www.filmsite.org/wavfiles/marathonman.wav

I still love the smell of film in the morning

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

RE: The Dreaded Format

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:21 pm

My sympathies. I hope to get to see some new L&H's on Super 8 tomorrow. Waiting for The Devil's Brother, Nothing but Trouble, Love 'Em and Weep and The Second Hundred Years and have a couple from my last buy that I haven't seen yet.

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#3 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:35 pm

I have been re watching the BBC Ghost Stories of M.R. James over the Festive period, late night viewing of course, just to
send me to bed with happy nightmares. I caught a couple of programmes on TV comparing the "Awful 1970s TV", which when compared
to the unprofessional rubbish put on screen now, the old stuff shines like a beacon, granted a lot of it is non pc, just up my alley, far and
away superior to "Britain's Got Talent", oh yeah? and "X Factor", truly terrible telly, by far eclipsing anything done from the past.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#4 by Tom Photiou , Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:21 pm

I use to look forward to the BBC Ghost Story for Christmas.
One of the best ones which i have on DVD is The Signalman with the brilliant Denholm Elliot, a very atmospheric 40 minutes.
It would have been a great release on 8 even if cut to 600 foot.
Well worth a look here,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqTxT7DyMwU

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#5 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:37 pm

Hi Tom, I quite liked "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas", where the horror unleased by the treasure hunter, a horrible black slime
with hands and arms follows him home and flows under his door, terrifying stuff. "The Ash Tree" is a definate creepshow with the
victims bed covered in babies heads on spiders legs, just the stuff for Christmas.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#6 by David Ollerearnshaw , Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:39 pm

I can cope with zombies, but you have just frightened me. Will be getting the films out soon to cheer me.

I still love the smell of film in the morning

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Your favourite music score(s)

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor