Your favourite music score(s)

#1 by Vidar Olavesen , Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:57 am

Film music ... Something that can add a lot of atmosphere to a film.

Personally I love John Williams, Star Wars, Supernan, Jaws, Close Encounters of the third kind ... Did he ever make a poor soundtrack?
Love the theme from the original Battlestar Galactica, Terminator, Conan, Wild at Heart, Peggy Sue Got Married, Fistful of Dollars (whole trilogy)

So many great scores, which do you like?

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

RE: Your favourite music score(s)

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:03 am

Loads and loads if I am honest including nigh on all Rogers and Hammerstein productions, but then equally things like Pulp Fiction or Trainspotting or The Buisness I love also.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Andrew Woodcock

#3 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:50 pm

That's an easy one for me to answer. Almost anything from what I consider to be the "Golden Age" of Film Scores.
To be specific music composed by Korngold , Steiner , Waxman , Rozsa , Tiomkin ,A. Newman , Herrmann and Salter.

David Hardy

#4 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:24 am

I have a fondness for Morricone, Rusticelli, Nicolai, indeed any of the Italian composers linked to the western, plus other
films, rare scores to "Leonor" or "Winged Devils" spring to mind.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#5 by Jonathan Trevithick ( deleted ) , Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:09 pm

The Untouchables soundtrack.

Jonathan Trevithick

#6 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:08 pm

I too have a great interest in the Italian Film composers mentioned by Hugh. Also for the likes of John Barry , Elmer Bernstein, Ron Goodwin ,Alex North , Henry Mancini, Maurice Jarre and Jerry Goldsmith and Quincy Jones.
I have very little time or respect for those bloody Pop / Rock based soundtracks.

David Hardy

#7 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:52 pm

Hi David, I too like John Barry, a genius, one of my favourites is "The More Things Change", which as you know was a track done for
"On Her Majesty's Secret Service", but dropped, Why? Its on YouTube where someone has put up a selection of stunning autumnal pictures, its a piece of music that is truly moving. Sheer brilliance.

Hugh Thompson Scott

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
What did you get for Christmas film wise?

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor