STAR TREK vs STAR WARS

#1 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:46 am

STAR TREK movies are my first choice any day.
STAR WARS movies are not so good.
What is your preference ?

David Hardy

RE: STAR TREK vs STAR WARS

#2 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:22 am

I agree there David, I too like Star Trek, in my case the original series, not so much the later adventures, though very good, I
liked Kirk, Spock and co,. my favourite character being McCoy, he reminded me in looks to a plumber I worked with, now gone,
but a great performance from Deforest Kelly. Star Wars, yes very popular, but not as "caring about the characters" as "Trek", just
my opinion folks, the TV show in my opinion, is a class act, again, dialogue, although American speaking people, is perfect, compared
to the jargon on offer today, on both sides of the Atlantic.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:39 am | Top

#3 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:37 pm

Yes Hugh I have always thought the acting and narrative in the Star Trek films far superior to the Star Wars films.
The acting in the Star Wars films is very cheesy and hammy by most of the cast.
Also I have always regarded the Star Trek film series as the " thinking man's" sci-fi.

David Hardy

#4 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:16 pm

I have trouble choosing, as I enjoy both. Star Wars Episodes 1-3 is not up there with Star Trek - The Voyage Home and Wrath of Khan, my two favorites of the Star Trek series, but Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars and The Force Awakens are superb in my opinion.

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#5 by David Ollerearnshaw , Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:57 pm

Did like Star Trek 1, 2, 4 Star Wars 3, 4, 5 I enjoyed have the super 8 of these. Thought 1, 2, 3 were poor. Saying that when he made a originals idiot Lucas.

I still love the smell of film in the morning

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

#6 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:49 am

I can see where folk are coming from, STAR WARS for the duels and outer space fights, but I'm with David here, STAR TREK is
that we favour better definition of character parts and Philosophy, something they might try here on Earth. I have yet not to enjoy a
STAR TREK movie, as opposed to the STAR WARS prequels, which were awful.Sorry lads, but the Star Wars stuff was soon lost to me.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:51 am | Top

#7 by Thomas Allen , Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:07 am

I enjoy both Star Trek and Star Wars for totally different reasons. When I'm in the mood for thought-provoking real science fiction I turn to Star Trek. If I'm in the mood for a non thinking roller coaster ride then I turn to Star Wars. My favorite Trek movies are The Wrath of Kahn, and The voyage Home. My favorite Star Wars is: The Empire Strikes Back.

Thomas Allen  
Thomas Allen
Date registered 09.09.2015

#8 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:52 am

I like Star Wars (the original) but don't love it. I only even like it because in my book it treats science fiction as just that..fiction. it doesn't pretend to allow you to believe that one day in the future this is how we will all be and these things may even happen.

It's just a fictional story and nothing more, which I like. A bit of escapism.
It also uses entertainment as its main feature objective throughout, not a bloody science lesson!

Now when it comes to any other science fiction films like Star Trek for example, or programs like Doctor Who or Hitchhikers guide for example, it's just too geeky for my taste.
I find the type of people who get bang into all this kind of stuff, far too nerdy and they appear to me, to take it all way too seriously.

If a film pretends to be nothing more than just "entertainment" in this genre, then I'm happy with it.

For anything that you need a quantum physics degree to either understand, or be entertained by and then collect just about every bit of marketing crap ever invented for it from place mats and mugs to masks that you could be arrested for wearing in public, then you can keep it for me.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:07 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
A fantastic display of unbelievable generosity!

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor