RE: Our first ever projectors.

#26 by John Guthrie , Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:23 am

Hi Andrew

Your guess is correct the Beaulieu is the 708EL double track, three bladed shutter.

You are not really going to believe this but I'm not quite sure what you mean by the built in pulse sync facilities of the Visacustic 2000, is it between the projector and the separate control unit (Steuergerat) that I have?

When I bought the Visacustic the Kodak sound cartridges were no longer available and I must admit that I haven't been brave enough to try the Weberling (Bolex) sound striper that I have!

I've never seen a GS1200 in the flesh so I don't know much about it, when I bought the Goko RM8008 I also got a GS800 from the same seller, but I really didn't like it much and after I bought the Beaulieu and the Bauer I sold the GS.

Regarding the friction linings for the Beaulieu what exactly do I have to order and would Van Eck be able to supply them? I need to order a drive belt for my Bolex 421 from them.

The temp yesterday was over 43 where we are in the hills east of Perth, today it is not so hot only about 38 but the humidity is terrible!

John

John Guthrie  
John Guthrie
Date registered 10.24.2015
home: Perth , Western Australia
ThankYou 15

#27 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:59 pm

You have a "control unit" for your Braun Visacoustic 2000 there John. I have no idea what it looks like or what it is designed to do, but put your projector or a GS1200 directly on the end of a "Pedro" sync pulse unit for example, and you can make it synchronize with your DVD frame rate with ease.
This then allows for super, frame accurate, recordings.

The Pedro unit can be used with all DC electronically controlled projectors including the Bauer T525, 510, 610 and Beaulieu 708EL CD models as well as the Sankyo 800 or even the Goko RM8008....however, to use with any of the above, they require an extra circuit board being fitted to the projector motor control circuit board in order to work. The Visacoustic 2000 and GS1200, does not. It already has this facility built into it's electronic drive circuit. A very useful facility and one that really ought to be taken full advantage of with a decent sync box.

It would be interesting to see the German control unit you have for your machine John. Hopefully you can post a photo here of it.

The parts you need to make your Beaulieu spindle torque A1 again John, are featured here in the following link....

http://www.beaulieu.de/pages/s8_wzub1.php?rubr=s8_wzub1

Friktions-Set für Aufwickelfriktion 708 EL
2 Stck. Lederscheibe, 1 Stck. Feder
Best.-Nr. 5038 - (30.00 EUR netto) 35.70 EUR brutto
zzgl. Versandkosten. netto = zzgl. MwSt., brutto = incl. MwSt.

Good luck with it John and Stay Cool!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:20 pm | Top

#28 by John Guthrie , Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:32 am

Hi Andrew

Attached is the manual for the control unit which may be of interest and also a photo the dimesions are 29 x 15 x 5 cm

Attachment:
Steuergerat.pdf

John Guthrie  
John Guthrie
ThankYou 15

#29 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:33 am

John, thanks ever so much for posting that photo. It is indeed of great interest to me and hopefully one or two others!

It is quite an impressive unit it has to be said, and certainly would appear to offer you at least the same level of functionality as the first models of "Pedro" boxes if not the same of his very finest with dual frame rate display.

Using the correct din cable, you should easily be able to tailor your Braun Visacoustic 2000 to that of a DVD input, hopefully by using a pulsed waveform input to match that of the DVD, but if not even just by using the precise manual frame rate control to synchronize first in a test run, then start the two at the exact same time.
It just simply allows your frame rate to become locked down very very accurately if nothing else.

With the machine itself plus this controller, you have a very nice piece of kit there John!

Do you have the special din cable interconnect for it?

Here are two photo's showing to an extent "Pedros" finest sync box, described above. The R-1008-MD

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:30 pm | Top

#30 by John Guthrie , Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:38 pm

Andrew

I do have the connecting cable which goes to the projector and from the descriptions in the manual it should be easy to make up the other leads as required.
I have got a sync head kit for a Revox B77 which I have not installed, I've also got two Uher AV cassette recorders with sync capabilities as well as 6 Tascam's with sync capabilities (133 x3, 238, 688 &TSR8).

Regards

PS. Forgot to mention that the Visacustic has the matching pair of stereo speakers. So the Braun collection is:
Nizo 6080 with the compendium etc. (Aluminium case)
Visacustic 2000 + Steuergerat + speakers
Editor SB2
Braun motorised splicer
Braun Tape splicer

John Guthrie  
John Guthrie
ThankYou 15

#31 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:46 pm

Fabulous array of equipment you have there John! Yes of course I forgot to mention that as you correctly point out, the Braun Visacoustic 1000 and 2000 models have no internal monitor speaker and therefore come with an external speaker. Two for stereo on the 2000 model was of course an option when purchased new.

You really should have a go at recording some your complete films John, shorts or otherwise using these facilities.
From today's lossless sources, the results would be remarkable I'm sure on any decent pre striped film stock!

I'd love to find an R-1008- MD one day and then have the headache of finding the original circuit board, diagram or even a photograph of the added internal circuit board to control my Bauer T610's to it.

One for next years Christmas wish list! lol

Thanks also John for the download of your manual for this. I have saved it and am reading through it now, very very interesting thanks!!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:00 pm | Top

#32 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:09 pm

Just found another old useful link to all of this subject including some very interesting archived photographs of the once available equipment and boards.

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ub...ic;f=1;t=000394

Only wish I could see the Bauer control board photo more clearly!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:14 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
A reminder to all and especially our latest members here.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor