double standards

#1 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:26 pm

One can't help but notice how terrible things are happening in all corners of the world, myself, I was banished from two forums from
mentioning such things, but here we have one of them complete with pictures, on something I and Robert were banned for, politics!
Obviously only where it suits.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:30 pm | Top

RE: double standards

#2 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:26 pm

I can't stand the guys that start the fight , get hit, then cry about it.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#3 by Tom Photiou , Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:41 pm

well Hugh, i think i can see what your talking about, the world is not a good place at the moment, i can see ww3 starting in the mid east, but the news sucks, its too PC and as always we only hear what they want us to hear, i actually believe the problems are being caused by us and the states, i think putin has got it right. Just look on youtube and type in putin speech on oil purchases by Turkey.
that's all i will say on this otherwise it becomes too much.
Unless ive got the wrong end of the stick

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 545

Last edited 12.06.2015 | Top

#4 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:53 pm

Exactly Tom, the guys starting trouble are the guys that head for the door in a barney, shits, so my policy is like Bugs Bunny, he loves
everybody, and we love him, the guy who doesn't like bugs,...... outside now!! In short Tom, we have no control, just don't take it out on your neighbour ( like I was gonna do over Elmo ), seriously, don't let politicians spoil your life, or anyone else's they're all self serving bastards, so continue with your life as though they don't exist.It just stung when Robert and I were purged through less, now you can do it pics no less, maybe just bias against truth, who'd have thought propaganda forum in the 21st. Hence the heading.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:20 am | Top

#5 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:43 am

I understand all too clearly, the highly emotive reasons for posting these comments Hugh and Tom, but this is just a forum for an entertainment and leisure past time that we all share a common love and interest in here.

I honestly cannot see the benefit to the forum for discussing such matters here as they are completely non related to our hobby no matter how topical the conversation may currently be or indeed become.

There appears to be good reasons as to why politics and religion is generally a banned topic on all these type of forums and no matter how much any of us feel we may empathise with some or even all of these comments, surely they are better left unsaid here and perhaps lobbied elsewhere for the benefit of what Vidar has created for us all here?

I certainly don't wish to appear some kind of preacher in all of this (after all, who am I to say what should or shouldn't be allowed to be posted or said on here?), but I would be very interested in hearing other peoples comments regarding such topics being raised here.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:45 am | Top

#6 by Clyde Miles , Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:48 am

its all meant to be about film

Mats Abelli likes this
Mats Abelli sais Thank You!

Clyde Miles
Date registered 08.09.2015
home: bromsgrove, worcs, uk
ThankYou 19

#7 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:49 am

You're right Clyde. We don't have a "General Yak" section here, just a "Film Talk In General" section.

Andrew Woodcock

#8 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:15 am

Yes, I agree lads, but the point is, two brits made similar points and for reasons unknown were sine die on these forums,
now we have pictures, but no reprisals, that is one sided. As I stated on these forums before, free speech is two ways, my
family fought and died for it, but it would seem a one way street on certain forums, did we win a war on fascism?
Clyde's right, it is for film, just asking why some film lovers were ostracised and others are okay on other forums, for politics, only a query? Let me just make a very sound point, if Islam takes hold, end of forums, end of everything!!

Mats Abelli likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:27 am | Top

#9 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:41 am

You always make extremely valid intelligent points and conversation Hugh, none more so than your last one there!

All I hope for this forum, which is all WE can control here in all of this, is it remains what we promote it to be, a friendly and respectful place to discuss our one common interest for all, without other topics perhaps clouding this aim in any shape or form for any of our current, or indeed future members here. That's all.

Tom Photiou likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:42 am | Top

#10 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:51 pm

Yes very valid and credible points raised here indeed.
Now can we please get back to concentrating on our hobby. Hahaha !!!

David Hardy

#11 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:26 pm

Certainly David, I couldn't agree with you more and as I am currently screening some of my Christmas animated favourites throughout today, I shall post more on these later. Back to normal service,,, all about film!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:12 pm | Top

#12 by Tom Photiou , Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:54 pm

Xmas pressys, films coming my way.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 545

#13 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:30 pm

Great to hear Tom! Gotta say I'd never be able to persuade my missus to wrap up a film or two for me to open Christmas Morning.
She says I get enough em all year around, without her adding to the pile!

Andrew Woodcock

#14 by Tom Photiou , Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:04 pm

& how many pairs of shoes and handbags does she have?????

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 545

#15 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:30 pm

She's actually a bit of a diamond if I'm honest Tom.
She really isn't very materialistic at all Tom.
When she does shop, it tends to be Primani rather than Armani! Ha ha.
She loves her dog (not me I hope te he) and is a terrific mum and wife to me and her entire philosophy on life is.."if it ain't got a heartbeat, it don't really matter"

I really couldn't ask for anyone better if I'm honest.
I consider myself very fortunate this time around.
( Now where's the sick bowl..eh Tom! Ha ha)

Ps I keep trying to persuade her that the Beaulieu is a living being with a heartbeat all of its own.Neglect it and it will misbehave.
I also keep saying the old girl needs regular exercise now it her age to keep her healthy, but she's having none of it!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:50 pm | Top

#16 by Tom Photiou , Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:36 pm

slap a fleshy bit on its side, like the pods from war of worlds in spielberg's version, then she may think its real.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 545

#17 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:41 pm

To be fair to our better halves, they put up with the crap we have, we take over rooms, put up screens, behind mine are some really
nice paintings, but the less said. Anyway, our female betters, do give to charities, I have lost count of the black bags of very expensive clothing and shoes after a twelve month wear that go to the Charity shops, I can defend my expense by saying I can sell, anyway, the difference being, the girls give their stuff away, we sell it, who is the better in the scheme of things?

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:42 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
New Member Ugo Grassi

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor