RE: Fumeo 9119

#26 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:09 pm

I wish I only hadn't needed to buy it Gwyn, which in hindsight, which is a wonderful thing, I didn't!
Anyhow I now have a spare I suppose once I repair the tachometer on the old one, and that is something to be highly valued in cine land today!!

Ugo is nothing short of a genius BTW, a bit like our UK version here, Bill!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:45 pm | Top

#27 by Paul Browning , Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:09 pm

I wondered why Ugo would go to that much trouble to completely rebuild the xenon ?. In what condition was it in before he started the rebuild, and will he sell it at 3500 euro's ???.
I hope so, because there's been at least three on Ebay in the last few months that hung about for ages and only after a few price drops did any action start. He's one brave man to do it, but will it perform any better than if Bill Parsons had worked his magic on a good second hand machine just in need of some TLC ?, I doubt it very much. I think the only down side
is the cost of the lamps for this beast, and finding them. I wish I could find a xenon fumeo super 8mm, that would make my Christmas, where's that exchange and mart .

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#28 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:21 pm

I think the fact that Ugo has gone over every component with a fine toothed comb can only be to the projectors advantage Paul.
Ugo is a true perfectionist from all I've seen him achieve so while the price is certainly steep, I doubt you'd find a better one outside of finding one brand new and unused which is of course, highly unlikely anywhere now.

Good luck with finding a xenon Fumeo Paul!

Andrew Woodcock

#29 by Paul Browning , Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:26 pm

I put it on my santa list every year ANDREW, but no joy Lol, I may have to leave two glass's of wine not one, perhaps that will help.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

Last edited 12.03.2015 | Top

#30 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:35 pm

I can't say I've ever seen one advertised for sale Paul. I will certainly let you know should I ever spot one but they are no doubt, really hard to find now. I keep a watch out constantly for a 93 studio and HTI but never see either.

Bill has done a mod on his very reasonably using modern lamp tech.
You may do well having a chat with him Paul as it would more than likely work just as well on a Fumeo standard model to bring it to near xenon standards or perhaps even higher in light output.

Bill just needed to modify his Beaulieu by fitting a diffuser as the lamp has to warm up a while to achieve full brightness levels like a video projector has to.

He also fitted an extra computer type fan to exhaust the extra heat but it was reported as being still fairly quiet and he also fitted the ballast neatly to the rear of the machine frame.
Great job all round from what I saw and doesn't cost a fortune for the kit!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:48 pm | Top

#31 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:52 pm

I have just remember I bought my Fumeo 9119 from Perry's Movies.
I wonder if it was their one ? hahahahaha !!!

David Hardy

#32 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:27 pm

May very well have been David! A famous history attachment there if it was theirs David. To be fair though, Ian's had tons of top notch machines through his hands though over the years I bet.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:28 pm | Top

#33 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:50 am

Fumeo ARE the top dogs where film care and projection are to be shown, the Japanese are known for poor product, short lived,
Italian style and reliability in good machines proves this, need I say more.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#34 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:32 am

Most of the high end models from anywhere in Europe do the job correctly I have found, be it Italian, Austrian, German or even French.

The fujicascope models are some of the only models I hear that do the job very well indeed from Asian territory.

Andrew Woodcock

#35 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:30 pm

Hugh and Andrew as they say in a Monty Python sketch ... " Say no more ! " .

David Hardy

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Now why couldn't Marcel Beaulieu thought of doing that?

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor