Welcome to the forum ... Graham Sinden.

#1 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:32 pm

Hi there Graham and a warm welcome to the forum. We all look forward to your posts and comments.

David Hardy

RE: Welcome to the forum ... Graham Sinden.

#2 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:15 am

Welcome to the forum Graham.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#3 by Jonathan Trevithick ( deleted ) , Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:49 am

Welcome Graham!

Jonathan Trevithick

#4 by Tom Photiou , Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:45 pm

elo Graham, long time no speak

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#5 by Graham Sinden , Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:28 pm

Hi Everyone,

Sorry about the delay. Thanks for all the replies. Thought I'd better join this happy bunch of collectors. I only stumbled at this forum recently when searching on Google for the Facebook page of Reel Magic and Google takes you here. I'm not a big Facebook user but like to look at a few pages every now and then.

Been looking at both forums a lot today to see any reviews from Blackpool. Wish I was there, but as not had to look at some 8mm today so ran a 400" reel of James Bond trailers and a seperate reel of T&J. Will look at more super 8 tomorrow.

Graham S

Graham Sinden  
Graham Sinden
Date registered 11.19.2015
home: Kent, UK
ThankYou 45

Last edited 11.22.2015 | Top

#6 by Paul Browning , Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:43 pm

Hello Graham, and welcome to the forum. I see your a fan of T&J and Bond Trailers well so am i, so we can exchange a few notes on both over the coming months. T&J
are my personal favourite cartoon characters and there shorts are not very pc but i don 't care, they still make me laugh all these years later, your amongst film lovers here
for sure.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#7 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:00 pm

I too love T & J. Politics never even enters my head while watching perfect animation from all of the very best in the business.

It will indeed be very interesting in the forthcoming weeks and months comparing notes and screenshots etc with Paul & Graham on this one ! :))

Currently, I have around 30 Tom & Jerry Shorts, either Walton or Derann

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:18 pm | Top

#8 by Graham Sinden , Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:04 pm

Yes I do like T&J but only have a few of them on Super 8 sadly. My favourite though is Mouse in Manhatten but this is more like Jerry on his own . I do feel that sometimes the Walton's are better quality than the Deranns which sometimes can have that blue tint and sharpness is about the same on both but the Walton's lose out on length as they are edited as we know.

As for James Bond Trailers I have quite a few plus also the CHC intros and Derann's NSNA. Cant afford Goldfinger though. . It is a shame that 007 never made it onto cutdown's during the golden years of super 8.

Graham S

Graham Sinden  
Graham Sinden
Date registered 11.19.2015
home: Kent, UK
ThankYou 45

Last edited 11.22.2015 | Top

#9 by Paul Browning , Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:41 pm

I had a conversation with Phil from CHC and he said there was some thought going into doing the bond opening sequence from "for yours eyes only", where Roger Moore is
being chased across the snow covered mountains and skies off the end into a parachute union jack to escape in spectacular style on a 400ft reel, now that would be great to have
on low fade, but will we see it ?, don't know. I think the rare titles on Walton for T&J are more rare, you see them more on Deranns re - release's, but some appear to have better colour but they are slightly edited which is a shame like the Laurel & Hardy shorts I guess. I would have liked to see more pink panther cartoons though, and deputy dog.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#10 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:47 pm

For me, I'd also have liked a wider back catalogue of Road Runner cartoons to have been released. Very funny and although the synopsis never alters, the methods and lengths Ol'e Wile e Coyote goes to to hunt down his prey, never ever bores me and leaves me in stitches!

Just love all those various "Acme" devices!!

I like the Bond movies a lot, but aside from Goldfinger, I'm not sure that I would be prepared to invest too heavily on any others given the exposure on television of these over the years.....especially Christmas's of the 70's and 80's!!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:51 pm | Top

#11 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:32 am

Hi Paul, the pre title sequence is from "The Spy Who Loved Me", my favourite Bond film, as you rightly say, a truly great sequence.
It is in the pipeline as a feature release I believe.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#12 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:54 am

That would be great! We just need to see if that's where it stays (pipeline)and if not, whether or not we would need a second mortgage to buy one from Phil!

It's a real shame he doesn't operate the purchase by reel scheme that Derann did, as I found this most helpful.

Andrew Woodcock

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Has E bay gone mad....or is this the norm

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor