RE: Has E bay gone mad....or is this the norm

#51 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:59 pm

Hopefully the purchasers will be very happy then Paul.

I, on the other hand, got no assurances with any of these unfortunately,though my questions were kindly answered both promptly and honestly which is the most important thing to me.

I loathe evasive time wasters!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:07 pm | Top

#52 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:19 pm

Toy Story and an Italian print of Snow White now up for grabs also by the same seller BTW.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:28 pm | Top

#53 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:25 am

I agree David, they can be very saccharine, but the artwork on the early stuff was staggeringly beautiful. My apologies to
Andrew and other collectors of Disney, my words were harsh, "hate" being a far too strong a word, especially as I once bought
"Lady & the Tramp" feature, no, not my favourites is better, my dislike in later years is aimed at Walt himself, when he used
gangsters to threaten his very talented Artists when they went on strike, and at the Hitler like regime the corporation has become.
That aside, the ludicrous prices a seller was asking on ebay, which is what I mistakenly thought Tom was alluding to, are crazy.
Surely Derann sold many prints of the features on ebay, they were popular among collectors, so shouldn't be that rare, I know
Star Wars was also popular, but I put the fanatics there in a separate cell .......lunatics.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#54 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:50 am

You're right Hugh, no shortage at all in the numbers of prints that Derann initially sold to its adoring public regarding the Disney prints...however, the best loved titles have been run to death in all too many situations.

So if you are a collector of these, as I am and I know Phillip here is also, then there really isn't that many prints of the most desirable titles that come up for sale.
When they do, they are often far removed from the quality criteria that a potential purchaser would either like or indeed expect.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:50 am | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
BLACKPOOL.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor