What Would our members do

#1 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:53 am

Here's a little problem, I bought from a US seller a film, he displayed the screengrabs, all excellent, right up to the end title.
He delayed sending the print for about 10 days, it arrived, on showing, it is minus the end spool of 20 minutes, on contacting him, he
was of course sorry, he would try to locate the missing spool, I gave him another 10 days on top of the week he had since informed,
so far nothing, what would members do here, I don't want to fall out with the man, the print is nice, ( what I have of it ), but feel as
though he knew he had this problem before he sent the film, hence the delay in dispatch.

Hugh Thompson Scott

RE: What Would our members do

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:06 am

If it doesn't resolve itself soon by you getting the said missing spool through your letterbox very very soon, then I think you should be returning the print once you have been fully refunded Hugh.

At the end of the day, you've paid good money for a film that isn't even complete.

I simply cannot see any other resolution to this one Hugh. Hopefully it will arrive soon for you and the headache will be no longer for you my friend.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:07 am | Top

#3 by John Guthrie , Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:10 am

Did you buy direct or through eBay? How did you pay?

If you bought through eBay let them know that you have a problem and they will sort it out.
If you paid with PayPal you will also be able to get you money back.

Living in Australia most things have to be bought through eBay and when things go wrong eBay and PayPal have always been very helpful.

I wonder if the seller actually had all the spools or perhaps he used stock pictures. Either way he is at fault for not supplying the missing spool.

Mats Abelli likes this
John Guthrie  
John Guthrie
Date registered 10.24.2015
home: Perth , Western Australia
ThankYou 15

#4 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:39 am

I would set a deadline with the seller to send the missing reel. If they don't meet it I would demand a refund
in full.

David Hardy

#5 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:26 pm

Thanks for your input lads, I had informed him on the day film was delivered and viewed, he said he would search, after a week I gave a
timescale of 10 days, then would return film. He has not been in touch, deadline coming Friday. I shall then inform him that I want a full
reimbursement inc. postage, as this is not my fault, and repayment for return post on film. I paid through PayPal, so as John says
I should be covered. He did have screen shots of the final scenes and end title, so presume he still has it, why he couldn't keep the spools together with a cable tie or better still a box is beyond me, but it should give him a lesson, albeit an expensive one.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:36 pm | Top

#6 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:40 pm

It's the only thing you can do in these circumstances unfortunately Hugh. Very frustrating though when you have looked forward to the arrival of a new film and not all is as expected.

Andrew Woodcock

#7 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:49 pm

It is very annoying as you say Andrew, I don't like giving ultimatums or deadlines, the man is only trying to make a coin for himself,
but he must have known the film was incomplete when he sent it, that is the annoying bit.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#8 by Jonathan Trevithick ( deleted ) , Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:21 pm

Hi Hugh! Long time no chat.
I once bought 'Our Relations' from the states and the second reel was from another film. The owner apologised, stated he couldn't locate reel 2 and told me to return it at my cost. As it was not my fault, I got advice from Ebay then emailed him again.
This time, when I went back to him, he was happy to pay return postage.

Jonathan Trevithick

#9 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:07 pm

Hello Jonathan and Welcome, nice to have you on board. Thanks also for your input on my little problem. I just
hope the guy finds this spool, it would save a lot of aggro.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#10 by Jonathan Trevithick ( deleted ) , Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:13 pm

Hugh, in my case, the guy did eventually readvertise, having found the missing reel. So after some criss crossing of reels across the Pacific, I did get it eventually!

Jonathan Trevithick

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Some pictures from last meeting of the year in the Norwegian Club

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor