Very Quiet Today.

#1 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:12 pm

Today so far it has been mostly very quiet on this forum. Are you all projecting some films ?
Or is it because its Black Friday ?

David Hardy

RE: Very Quiet Today.

#2 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:16 pm

Oh well I guess its back to playing some Bach Violin Concertos on the Hi-Fi for the rest of the evening.

David Hardy

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:07 am

I've posted a little bit today David, but yes, for me personally I've been enjoying a few films again on the resurrected screen for the first time in months.

It is a pity though that not too many members post on here in general. We need plenty of different types of topics to keep this forum vibrant and interesting to our readers, so come on everyone, support you're forum please.

Enjoy your music David.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:09 am | Top

#4 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:18 am

Hi Lads, never fear Scott is here, to bore you all to death yet again. I'm just in hand taking some screen shots, Will put them up shortly, and don't call me shortly, to quote "Airplane".

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:35 am | Top

#5 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:09 am

I look very much forward to seeing them Hugh!

Andrew Woodcock

#6 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:20 am

Just home from meeting in the club myself. Got dome 5-6 new features at around 10 GBP each except Beverly Hills Cop around 30. Look forward to checking them out. 16mm these and also a couple of 35mm at 8 GBP each.

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#7 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:21 am

Hi Andrew. glad you've done with the decorating, bloody awful task, I would rather plaster a wall than paper it. Emulsion fine, but
the hardest bit is moving stuff about, as you know. Anyway, glad you can show your films as they should be seen, well done that man.
David, just you take it easy, never mind the Prog Rock Freak outs, or the piss ups you might be invited to, take it easy, no lifting
those heavy projectors, My benefactor who left me a clutch of stuff, was ninety odd, his son laid down it was lifting those machines
about that did it, ( his demise ) so don't go following suit, the unmentionables are a boon in such times, indeed, I have just bought the
US TV show "The Invaders" with Roy Thinnes, super entertainment, no disrespect to our American friends, but they did speak a lot
clearer than the shows now, apart from better photography, as the older shows have. Anyway David, please look after yourself, take
things very easily, no thinking you can get away with a lift, ask someone first, please.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#8 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:25 am

Those prices are unbelievable Vidar!! Just incredible what you get your hands on for very little money! Well done that man!!

Thanks Hugh, and yes you are sooooo correct about the amount of work involved.

Been around the divided room at least 5 times.Stripping, Plastering, lining paper, top paper then finally emulsioning two thirds of it all!

That's quite besides all the hassles of taking radiators off three times and all the mither of microbore pipework! So very glad my work is done now here...for a couple of weeks at the very least. Ha ha.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:31 am | Top

#9 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:36 am

There's a man who takes it seriously, a fanatic even, well done though, it's a thankless task at best, great you can show
your films as they should be seen, way to go Andrew. Also very sorry to here of your upsets through the year, I'm sure
members here are in sympathy too. Look after yourself and Family.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#10 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:41 am

We still await the worse of it Hugh unfortunately. Time waits for no man, as they say.

Still we carry on, as we all have to do, but it's difficult time, that's for sure.

Andrew Woodcock

#11 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:56 am

Andrew. Vidar gets his films for "two Black Cats and a Penny Arrow" which when I was a kid was a couple of bubble gums and
a toffee strip, total price for these little gems was 2d, or 1 pence in todays money, although with inflation it might be the price of a small sports car. Anyway, Vidar, you live in a film lovers Valhalla, we in the UK, dream of these prices, as David said a short time ago,
he paid about £40.00 for a 200' film! You lucky little devil.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:58 am | Top

#12 by Paul Browning , Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:08 am

Shocking news from Paris, over 100 people have died, mindless violence on Friday the 13 no coincidence, terrifying and sad, condolence's to all those innocent victims.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#13 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:17 am

For those who can stand the subtitles, there is a lot more to be sold at 10-50 GBP for the 35mm films ... I hope for a list very soon

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Eumig 810 slowing up

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor