got some new stuff

#1 by Tom Photiou , Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:54 pm

elloooo,
Got myself some new goodies which i am going through now,

a bargain from a fellow collector A night to remember 4x400 foot joined onto 3 x 600 foot spools,very full to,
Cleaned it up last night and watched part 1, (parts 2 and 3 after i submit this), superb b/w image and good sound,very pleased,
Ordered up a feature from PF, Revenge, looking forward to that one, never seen it,
200 foot Beatles on Ed Sullivan shows, very good for its age, if only those bloody women would stop screaming I'd be able to hear them singing
New York New York, 400 footer won on ebay for a tenner, a superb colour sound print with no fade at all and the original case.
Marathon Man to replace my fading copy, this newer one is very good for a marketing print, and with the original boxes, (my old copy is now on ebay,)
Rollerball 600 footer, joined into correct sequence from ebay, (a bit weird that the end music has been replaced with music from Midnight Express so i will have to sort that), but a very good print, pity these Derann UA 2 x 400 footers were often two different qualities.
Logans Run, won for another tenner on ebay, good colour a few black lines but pretty good, original case,
The Silencers 400 footer for £12 from ebay, i took a chance on this one but was happily surprised to see a very good colour print with hardly a mark on it and excellent sound.

Now, when i look at the total spent here i always feel a bit of "should i have spent that much", but then again, what the heck!
Now i have some viewing to do.
tata

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 541

Last edited 11.03.2015 | Top

RE: got some new stuff

#2 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:02 pm

Way to go Tom, who needs Blackpool. Your "Night to Remember" is actually 5x400 from Powell, DCR did a longer edition, but I still
have my Powell version, "Revenge" 4x400' from Walton with an all star cast inc. Joan Collins, a story concerning child molesters, good thriller. Again, well done.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:03 pm | Top

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:05 pm

I have revenge Tom. It's a great piece of nostalgia featuring Joan Collins and James Booth from 1971

Even our own Geoffrey Hughes is in it (Eddie Yates from Corrie) as a brewery delivery man! Ha ha.

Great colour still as its on Fuji stock and all in all, a good watch if you like films like "Fright" and other 70's suspense films.

Enjoy Tom!

Andrew Woodcock

#4 by Tom Photiou , Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:01 pm

Ive been reading about this movie. It certainly seems to have tackled a taboo subject head on for its time,
As you say Andy this one is on good stock so i am really looking forward to this. Been looking for it for a while, i did have the feature of fright and its one of my films i sold then regretted, just for a few quid as well at the time. The pub setting was all in Pinewood studios and all the fitting were done by the Bass Charington company hence why it does all look very much like a real British pub.
Cant wait to see Eddi Yates again
Peter Rogers of Carry on fame, was the excecutive producer of this film,
The American title for it was the Inn for frightened people, & when it was released on video in the US it was called Terror from under the house, jeeeees nuff said on that bit i think,
Interestingly the Director, Sidney Hayers, also directed another very good and underestimated film also in our collection courtesy of Walton, The Trap with the brilliant Oliver Reed.

I've watched A night to remember tonight and it really is a much better film than Titanic, it's the first time i have ever seen it, (obviously the effects in the later version are very good), i cant believe that the James Cameron film is almost an exact remake with a load of crappy personal stories included to pad it out to 3 hours, what was the point?

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 541

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
HALLOOO !!!! IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE ?

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor