Are we finished?

#1 by Vidar Olavesen , Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:47 am

Several days with very little activity. Are we done for?

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

RE: Are we finished?

#2 by Barry Attwood ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:44 am

It could be time of year, remember Blackpool is coming up, the dark nights are here at last, so more projectors are whirring as well, so not as much time in front of a computer screen. I'm typing this very early in the morning as I'm working on my latest lists, so very busy. I've found that this time of year most of the forums go quieter, so don't worry to much Vidar.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Barry Attwood

#3 by Mats Abelli , Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:13 am

Noooooooo!

Mats Abelli
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Nättraby, Sweden
ThankYou 112

#4 by Mats Abelli , Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:14 am

Not as long as two of us still can manage to use a computer

Mats Abelli
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Nättraby, Sweden
ThankYou 112

#5 by Eivind Mork , Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:23 am

It is natural that it gets quiet from time to time. I still check for posts a couple of times a day even though I haven't posted anything myself. I guess that is true for others as well. It is better with few but interesting posts once in a while compared to other forums I have been into where you have to walk through a bunch of nonsense (often not related to the forum topic at all) to get to some interesting posts.

Sometimes there are busy days where it can take a couple of days before I have time to catch up here. There might be others here as well with busy days, and that doesn't mean that the forum isn't high on the priority bookmark list.

Mats Abelli likes this

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 403

#6 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:52 am

" The End Is NOT nigh" ... Only very quiet that's all.

David Hardy

#7 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:23 pm

It certainly needs more members posting interesting cine related articles,film or equipment, that's for sure. The forum can never "be finished" while ever there are interested members who check in on here regularly and still have high interest levels.
However, we don't want this small forum becoming even smaller, that's for sure!

So don't just be a reader, be a contributor also please.

I will be reporting back later to post regarding my latest feature "The Hunchback Of Notre Dame" which I am currently working on.
Hopefully with some screen shots posted, this should give is a few more "hits" than of late. Even more if others do likewise fingers very much crossed.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:24 pm | Top

#8 by Vidar Olavesen , Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:26 pm

Robert was also quite disappointed in the number of hits and comments on his pictures ... I didn't get any replies to my last one either I think

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 344

#9 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:35 pm

People won't always comment Vidar, that's human nature I'm afraid. However, historically on here and on other forums, the two things that appear to generate bags of interest and therefore "hits" are photographs of set ups and screenings and idle fall outs / disruptions.

We all want the latter to be very much extinct on here but welcome with open arms all of the good stuff mentioned

I am surprised to hear both your own and Roberts screen shots didn't attract too many views Vidar from what you are telling me.
We shall have to see if other similar posts whet the appetite of anyone out there, guests or members. If not maybe all of what we post here is of little interest unfortunately to the outside world in general. I'd like to think not though. We shall see.

Andrew Woodcock

#10 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:14 pm

Hugh thought it was because people were busy, having other things to do; but when you look and you see that 12 members have logged in, and only 2 people like your photos and no one comments. What's the point of going to the trouble for an audience of two?, best just to sit back and enjoy the film. Then there are 70 odd people who don't have an opinion on anything. I wonder if they vote at election time? I presume that they do own a projector and at least one spool of film?

Robert Crewdson

#11 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:56 pm

Very disheartening Robert, I must agree. We shall have to wait and see how other similar posts fair. If it is of no interest to anyone, then these once popular type of posts, May have ran their course, unless we don't mind posting to an audience of two or three.

Since exiting the forum for a while, I noticed that screenshots cannot be viewed until logged in here. Perhaps to increase interest as we are hoping for regarding photography posted here, we could open up all aspects of the posts including the photos posted here to outside guests and members not logged in? Just a thought.

Mats Abelli likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:01 pm | Top

#12 by Vidar Olavesen , Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:03 pm

I love to see pictures of prints out there. I get to see film titles I didn't know and also for comparison if I own the same print myself

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 344

#13 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:42 pm

I agree Andrew, perhaps Vidar knows how to make the images visible. I believe you have to log in to view images in Doug's forum. It would increase intetest I think.

Robert Crewdson

#14 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:06 pm

Finished? Like hell we are, the hobby might be, but the collecting/showing still goes on. A couple of quiet days happens on all
forums, usually its a case of fitting other things into a busy schedule for most folk, I tend to post at the end of the day when
various tasks are wrapped up. Obviously people are still joining up, it would be nice to see some input from them though.

Mats Abelli likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott

#15 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:12 pm

Just catching up on my "marking" as I call it, don't be saddened by lack of input on pictures posted, I don't always see everything
that gets put up, there is a fair amount of stuff with pictures, catalogues, manuals, posters etc, and its growing all the time.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#16 by Tom Photiou , Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:09 pm

finished???????????

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 541

#17 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:42 pm

Only just begun!!

Mats Abelli likes this
Andrew Woodcock

#18 by Vidar Olavesen , Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:42 pm

Dying forum. Not much activity for a few days. Just wondered where everyone left

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 344

#19 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:44 pm

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring!!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:45 pm | Top

#20 by Eivind Mork , Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:52 am

I am not sure topics like this will boost the traffic. If new users come in here and see "Are we finished", they might just walk away. Not all forums have a high post rate, that doesn't mean the forum is dead. I for one does not expect 10 new posts each day, and it doesn't need to much more than a few posts per day for me to check in every day.

I must also admit that I have read through posts with pictures and been in a hurry and not commented anything. The thumbs up feature is new to me in forums, so I didn't think about clicking it. So there might be many that have actually read the post, enjoyed it and not given any feedback. But I do understand that it is not cool to post and not get any replies. Just saying that it might be more appreciated than it seems.

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 403

#21 by Dave Alligan , Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:22 am

Didn't use computer yesterday as went to see "Spectre" im going to be putting pictures of my home cinema "The Shed" on the gallery either later today or tomorrow if time allows.

Dave Alligan  
Dave Alligan
Date registered 09.23.2015
home: Felixstowe
ThankYou 11

#22 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:46 am

I very much look forward to seeing those Dave! I have seen it before on the BFCC discs (I think) but you can never have too much of a good thing!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:46 am | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
got some new stuff

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor