Railway Films.

#1 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:58 pm

Do any members collect films about the Railways ? If " yes " whats your favourite period and country ?
Also your favourite railway film on any gauge ?

David Hardy

RE: Railway Films.

#2 by Eivind Mork , Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:58 pm

I have just one railway film so far, but an other is on its way through the mail. I hope to get some more. My son (8 years old) has loved trains all his life and still does. I love old trains too, and this summer we visited the National Railway Museum in York. Unfortunately the flying Scotsman was still in the workshop getting a new boiler or something, but the Mallard was there :-)

We live in Norway, and i would love some films from Norway from the 40s through the 70s, but so far I have only come across one at an auction which I did not win. Since Norwegian train movies are rare, I would love films of old British Locomotives like Mallard or Flying Scotsman. I am waiting for a film of a King George locomotive from CHC now.

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 404

#3 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:52 am

It does seem that railways, rolling stock and films go hand in hand. As a youngster, I loved railways, my Dad, built a huge layout
that folded up under the windows of our modest council house, the neighbours were amazed when he performed his transformation
of these two huge pieces of polished ply that folded out into an instant layout of track. it looked like a very large Radiator cover about
9 feet in length, but a flip of a couple of hooks and it nearly filled our living room. I realise now, I was an excuse for my Dad to be a kid
again, and why not, he made some beautiful coach interiors with sliding doors and tiny lights using beads from my sisters little necklaces
for the compartment interiors. I understand the fascination, it was the same fascination I had with Dinosaurs as a schoolboy, the wonderment of something huge and powerful, just like steam loco's. Both these "fixes" can be done at CHC, our token "junkie".

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:05 am | Top

#4 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:23 pm

Yes guys it does seem a lot of Film Collectors are also Model and Real Railway enthusiasts.
I for one am as is Phil at CHC. I have a large layout to build soon which should take me some
years I think.
I have a nice collection of Films too on the subject.

David Hardy

#5 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:26 pm

I think the fascination link between locomotives and film projectors is that they have moving parts and look very
alive when in action. Especially those steam locos.

David Hardy

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
STUPID PROJECTIONISTS.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 4
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor