HALLOWEEN SHOWS

#1 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:48 pm

Just a reminder, as if I need to, what are your Halloween Film shows going to be, me , I like to stick to tradition, it came from Britain,
so it must be Ghosts or Witches, so fire away guys with your horror shows and keep us posted.

Hugh Thompson Scott

RE: HALLOWEEN SHOWS

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:55 pm

I probably only do Lonesome Ghosts and Trick or Treat, perhaps followed by Poltergeist

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#3 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:19 am

Way to go Vidar, enjoy, I didn't realise that this Witchcraft had spread to the frozen north, you guys should know better. When I was
a lad, All Hallows Eve, or Halloween, was a hollowed out turnip, a root vegetable, that smelled awful when a candle was placed in it,
our little fingers regularly got burned by the string not being long enough, "Penny for the Jack O''Lantern", was our watchword, which
was begging, now with this "Trick or Treat " rubbish imported from America, it is "protection", a threat, give us or else!, my brother
had the reason to all this stuff, "I know where you live". Something I share with him, not being intimidated, kids or not.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:28 am | Top

#4 by Paul Browning , Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:58 am

Going to dig out !!!!, twins of evil hammer feature and the reptile if there is time, maybe the sorceress tom and jerry and doctor jeykle and mr mouse.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#5 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:11 am

I hate to be the figure of reason here, but I will, our traditions in Gt. Britain are eroded and cheapened by marketing from the USA.
They would be the first to complain if we stole a tradition from them, what next, Guy Fawkes Night, American style? All Hallows Eve belongs here, Britain, not America. Much like the Brits celebrating Thanksgiving, hardly, sorry to our American cousins, but your country is too young for Paganism.

Paul Browning likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott

#6 by Paul Browning , Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:53 am

We used swede's as a kid, hollowed out the middle and ate most of it before placing a candle's inside, worked just fine.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#7 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:20 am

Run, Mats, run.

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#8 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:25 am

Swedes, turnips, I only wish Paul I'd had a lathe, trying to hollow out these things really gave me grounding in bad language, it was
like carving wood! The smell when lit was terrible, what with being poisoned, burned fingers, cut fingers and blisters, no wonder it
wasn't that popular when I was a kid, a bloody liability, let alone hazard. The Americans couldn't sell that routine. No wonder they
went for the soft option of pumpkins, well we lived in the fast lane boys, what with Halloween crap and conkers, its a wonder we
had digits at all.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#9 by David Ollerearnshaw , Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:39 am

Didn't have a show, but got loads of trick or treats this year. Most went to great effort too, they would have done Hammer proud. Find it a waste of food though with pumpkins.

Like most things its changed to a more commercial, money making for supermarkets.

Hugh, are you going out on 4th November? Its the only truly English one left I think. Thinking of starting a Kickstarter project for gunpowder plot too. Think it would work.

Quote of the Post

"Sin. Sin, Sin. You're all sinners. You're all doomed to perdition. You're all goin' to the painful, stinkin', scaldin', everlastin' tortures of a fiery hell, created by God for sinners, unless, unless, unless you repent. Repent with Sister Falconer!"

I still love the smell of film in the morning

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

#10 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:30 pm

Here in Aberdeen in the North East of Scotland we call Turnips ( Swedes ) ... Nakkies. hahaha !!!
I never had a show either.

David Hardy

#11 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:34 pm

A news report claimed that the Halloween "scam" was estimated at £ 20 Million here in the UK alone.
So there you go.

David Hardy

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Railway Films.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor