print history

#1 by Clyde Miles , Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:38 pm

ive been collecting 16mm prints now for 35 years, most i have are originals, but what really bugs me is not having any history with the print. i was only talking with my oldest son earlier today how we will never know how many hands the prints went through, where the print started from, where it was shown over all the years, just watched scrooge with seymour hicks tonight, a print struck in 1940 of a 1935 release. again another print made during the last war and has survived really well into today. wondered what you all think.

Mats Abelli likes this

Clyde Miles
Date registered 08.09.2015
home: bromsgrove, worcs, uk
ThankYou 19

RE: print history

#2 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:51 pm

I understand where you're coming from Clyde, I now print off the ebay page and put it in the box or can with the feature, what started
me doing this was a lovely print of "Jason", purchased from a seller in France, it was my first purchase on ebay, had receipts from an
antique shop in America where it had been before the chap in Paris, so I enclosed my print off with the rest of them. Provenance for
future viewers of this film, and the rest.

The following members like this: Clyde Miles and Mats Abelli
Hugh Thompson Scott

RE: print history

#3 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:08 pm

Yes guys a history of where the print has been and when it was first struck would be a bonus
for the dedicated collectors like us. I always ask for as much information as possible when
buying. First I ask if its an ex- film library hire one or a TV one.

David Hardy
Last edited Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:09 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT ( 1930 )

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor