Checking Out.

#1 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:25 pm

I'm saddened to see things here break down due to personal issues among a few select members. As David Hardy put it so well,take it to PM if you're having problems with another member and not the public forum. Despite these pleas I have my doubts that these public outbursts will completely cease. Bearing this in mind I feel it's necessary for me to take a break from the forum. Once the fun starts to go out of a place where (you hope) like minded persons can gather to talk in a civil manner,I say it's best to move on. I may be back to post in time but cannot give any guarantees. Good luck and my thanks to the owners/moderators/members of the site.

Douglas Warren

RE: Checking Out.

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:36 pm

Really sad about this and it looks like the forum is done for. I am not up to the task of keeping it friendly, so not sure what will happen to this forum now. So many now wanting to leave. Is it time to give up?

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#3 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:37 pm

Look I'll leave then you can all play together, how's about, that? Andrew you have obviously been casting your PM magic.

Steve Carter
Last edited Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:37 pm | Top

#4 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:40 pm

Steve I can assure you there has been no PM magic via any member on this site.

David Hardy

#5 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:40 pm

I really don't want you to leave Steve. I do not know how to handle this and you are correct in many of your statements. I am not sure if Andrew intentionally says things that makes you feel bad. Time to throw in the towel?

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#6 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:41 pm

Please don't go Douglas due to petty bickering . Rise above it and stay with us.

David Hardy

#7 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:48 pm

Oh pull the other one, I've been around enough forums to know the score by now. Don't insult my intelligence, cliques rule just like the school playground, this is what you would call passive bullying, the pack wearing down it's prey all done in an oh so clever and passive way, me however can see right through the happy family routine, not every-one gets on, that's life, but I still have a right to be here and post, Sometimes I think certain postings are solely made for this effect. So don't kid me that you have not partaken in a PM with yours truly, I just don't believe it.

Steve Carter
Last edited Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:49 pm | Top

#8 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:49 pm

I don't know what the answer is, some of it started with the comments on David Guest, going from a dealer with an attitude problem, to Mr Nice Guy, all in the space of an hour or so. I would hope that when Andrew come online he will read the comments and take on board what we have said, and hopefully avoid making those statements which ruffle the feathers of other members. Otherwise this very fine forum could be in trouble.

Mr Guest is still a member of this forum, so is quite capable of advertising his own venue without others having to do it for him.

Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Robert Crewdson

#9 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:51 pm

I hope Douglas will stay.

Robert Crewdson

#10 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:53 pm

I hope we can put an end to this; the forum shouldn't be allowed to close because of it.

Robert Crewdson

#11 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:01 pm

That was uncalled for, David. I do not believe anyone is trolling here. Still wonder if Andrew delibetately said anything to just be mean to Steve. I do not want to brlieve such, but Steve has valid points, I feel

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#12 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:03 pm

Now who's name calling troll, are you going to delete your own post.....no, see a rule for the boys.

Steve Carter

#13 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:05 pm

I do agree with you Vidar; some comments in the recent past were deliberately made to annoy Steve.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Robert Crewdson

#14 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:08 pm

I think so too. This is so sad and I feel helpless. Do not know what to do. I agree with Steve, if his post was deleted, more should be deleted.

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#15 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:29 pm

Goodness gracious me. Cant you guys see THE JOKE regarding the troll comment ? I better watch what I say from now on.
Lighten up guys ....PLEASE !

David Hardy

#16 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:35 pm

I'm laughing believe me, it's a JOKE when you post, but name calling when I post, rules for the boys, call me what you wish, I'm not that easily offended, I've been called all sorts in my life, it's what makes what I am, so give it your best shot. That should be the Kinks if your going to make funnies get 'em right, that's what makes 'em funny.

Steve Carter
Last edited Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:37 pm | Top

#17 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:38 pm

I have now deleted my own "troll" post keep everyone happy and to demonstrate there is no "personal bias" or "one rule for the boys".
In fact I may go even further and delete all my posts in order to keep the childish behaviour going to demonstrate this even further.
See I too can throw my toys outa the pram....NUFF SAID !!!!

David Hardy

#18 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:42 pm

Just read this new post and I'm not at a loss, I'm annoyed, Steve, stop thinking everyone has an ulterior motive and there's a
conspiracy afoot, you are a grown man with opinions like anyone else, so have other people and I think you owe David Hardy an apology.
Andrew, playing both sides of the field in the space of a couple of hours was bad form and not becoming, neither are sneaky digs at Steve.
I think both of you should apologise to each other and Vidar Olavesen, you are putting his forum at risk, another valued member is
wanting to leave through all this childish crap, we expect you to behave in a reasonable manner, BOTH of you, you are both at fault here
and I'm sure other members tire of this childish behaviour from two members who should know better. I hope both of you take on board what I've said.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#19 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:44 pm

No leave it on, it's only a name, words I was just making the point about deleting where do you draw the line??, I don't know, so put it back up there if that's what you felt at the time go with it, I'm OK with it, but don't feel you have to censor things I write, because that ain't a level playing field.

Steve Carter

#20 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:45 pm

Hugh ... I too am thinking of leaving if this continues.

David Hardy

#21 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:46 pm

No why should I appologise I have nothing to appologise for, I said the artillery had arrived. What have I actually said that is so bad, do you think for one moment I set out to do this really?. David set me off with the 'Head Cook and Bottle Washer' routine, delete my posts,

Steve Carter
Last edited Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:52 pm | Top

#22 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:54 pm

I enjoy this forum immensely and I like all the members of this forum, we are after all, all film lovers.

It appears that the only solution to this problem here as things have escalated beyond all proportion to the point where poor Vidar is having to contemplate closing this great new forum, is for me to leave.

I would just like to thank Vidar for all of his trust in initially appointing me as a admin while warmly welcoming me here in the first place.

I want for this forum to have great success over the years so sadly something has to give.

This can therefore be the only outcome for ensuring this success.

Just to be clear, I made my point regarding the Mr Guest saga by saying that initially, as a passionate collector,I was appalled by the very thought of a vintage piece of restored equipment could be ever treated in the manner ithat was being suggested.

I then realized that this was a knee jerk reaction due to my passion for all things Super 8mm and apologized to David for my inappropriate comments in view of the bigger picture and the outstanding work and commitment that ALL the event organizers put into these things, which of course, very much includes David himself.

With Vidar's helpful assistance, we were then able to post some past photographs of the event as requested in order to promote the event even further for the benefit of the hobby.

As for Steve, he is someone who has both helped me and supported me in the past so it is unfortunate that clearly he feels I have spoken down in some way or another in recent times.
I can assure everyone here, that I would not, and have not, deliberately intended to upset, disrespect or offend anyone here. Yes I speak as I see on occasions (see above for example) but certainly not to intentionally disrespect anyone. I value ALL what I learn from everyone here and on other forums far too much for this ever to be the case.

I can only sincerely appologize to Steve if he feels I have been disrespectful of him in any way, past or present, here or elsewhere.
Sincerely, this was NEVER intended.

I would like to thank every member here for their contributions to this excellent forum and wish it every success for the future in what now, hopefully will be more peaceful and respectful times.

Good luck with it all Vidar,Robert and David and thank you for all the hard work you have selflessly put into this for the benefit of us all.

Andrew Woodcock

#23 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:55 pm

Well that's to bad then. Grow up !!! I am tired of all this "bitching" and " I will scratch your eyes out " routines.

David Hardy

#24 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:58 pm

Andrew please don't leave us. Your posts and knowledge and advice are invaluable.

David Hardy

#25 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:00 pm

Steve ... Are you going too ?

David Hardy

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Keep it friendly please.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor