RE: Projector noise.

#51 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:01 am

I haven't said anything up to now, but maybe I should. I can see Steve's point Andrew. Frequently telling other members that no other projector comes within a mile of the one you own, is not the kind of thing members want to hear. We all bought what we thought was a good projector, and they weren't cheap. When I bought mine, it was the dearest thing in the house, dearer than a new TV. It sounds like one upmanship, a bit like that old song 'anything you can do I can do better', maybe that's not how you intend it, but that's how people read it. I know talking about machines is all part of a forum devoted to cine, but I would prefer to talk about film, rather than signal to noise ratio, wow and flutter; most of us just watch films, we don't understand all that jargon.

I don't think it's a good idea to delete comments, if you don't agree with them, we saw too much of that in 8mm Film Forum. Dan Lail has a different policy, no deletion.

Robert Crewdson
Last edited Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:33 am | Top

#52 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:49 am

Further to my earlier comment; in the 1950s my father used to buy 'Amateur Radio Constructor' (or was it Wireless); he built two radios, one was given to a man in lodgings who asked him for it, and he built a second for us, and as a 4 year old I used to go to sleep every night listening to Radio Luxembourg. The point of this, is that my father understood about valves, resistors, transistors, capacitors, diodes. This means nothing to me. I think all this technical stuff is not understood by the majority, and is just wasted on us. Very nice if you can do your own repairs to a projector, but the majority of us will use a qualified repairer, if we ever need one. End of comment.

Robert Crewdson
Last edited Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:50 am | Top

#53 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:09 pm

DON'T DELETE MY POST' WHERE'S YOUR SENSE OF HUMOUR?
And it came to pass that Andrew went unto Mount Beaulieu and was given 10 rules by the God of Wow and Flutter;

1 Thou shall have no other projectors but Beaulieu and Bauer 'Flash Booom!
2 Thou shall not take any projector that has been re-badge and bow down to it, Flash, flash Boom!
3 Thou shall not accept any wow and flutter higher than 0.2%. Boom! Boom! Flash.
4 Thou shall not misuse the Beaulieu lamp holder and never let it arc. Flash Boom!.
5 Thou shall remember and keep the day of purchase. Boom! Flash.
6 Thou shall respect thy Beaulieu and Bauer. Boom! Boom! Flash.
7 Thou shall not commit adultery and go with another lower brand, Flash Boom!!!.
8 Thou shall boar the pants off forum members with your facts and figures. Flash Boooom!
9 Thou shall twist and turn everything forum members say and delete to suit you. Flash Flash Boom
10 Thou shall not be envious of members projectors, as you have the best. BOOOM! Flash.

Take these commandments Andrew and P-ss every-one off.

Steve Carter

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Keep it friendly please.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor