RE: Projector noise.

#26 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:01 pm

Andrew your as slippery as a bucket full of eels, you think your very clever with words, but you know and I know just what you mean. To put it another way your just a wind-up merchant tapping away at your keypad. Now go round up your posse the DCT's in town.

Steve Carter

#27 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:41 pm

Andrew, since Steve feels like this, could you tell us what you really mean? What has Steve done to make your comments about him a bit harsh, in lack of a better word? I hoped we could keep it friendly here. Of course opinions will always be our own and perhaps not what others feel, but that is accepted. It has a darker vibe between you, hoped it could be sorted politely.

What you all think?

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#28 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:53 pm

What I really mean Vidar is exactly what I write Vidar. Nothing more, nothing less...simple.

I have no problem with Steve or anyone else for the matter.
It is not me that berates people for what they write or the manner in which they write it, so perhaps if you would like to know what issue there is (if any)in all of this, you would need to level that question elsewhere Vidar.

I like to share my experience in the hobby just the same as I like to read all about other people's knowledge and experience in the hobby.

I have no issues with anyone who's opinions vary widely from mine but it is clear to me, that others do not share that same philosophy here.

Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock

#29 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:09 pm

Gentlemen,
If I was coming to visit this forum for the first time and saw this exchange,I'd be apt to look elsewhere for another one. Putting any blame aside,any he said,he said, you might want to consider that these types of public displays could be a reason why other members avoid posting or coming back in at all.As we say here in the States,that's my two cents and you're most welcome.

Douglas Warren

#30 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:15 pm

Thanks for that Vidar and just to conclude on this puzzling situation, let me just say this,

If I thought someone constantly talked a load of old b#llocks, I would simply ignore them and talk to the people who I felt didn't.

What I wouldn't do is say "that's it then" only to later post derogatory remarks on a post that the very same person thinks is boring or done to death when someone else had asked for people's opinions on that matter.

To me, that would simply not make any sense. If I ain't interested I don't comment, simple as that.

And for what it's worth, I agree entirely Douglas!

Now hopefully, back to the friendly respectful forum Vidar very kindly created for us all. Please please oh Lord!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:18 pm | Top

#31 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:26 pm

I am sorry if I offended anyone of you, wasn't my intention at all. I only wish we could try to keep it friendly. I like everyone on this forum a lot and wish no one would feel alienated or have a bad vibe here.

I am also thinking, if something bothers someone, better to talk about it and find a solution, but maybe it's better to just overlook what you don't want to see. Not sure. Sorry again for any bad vibes my comments made

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#32 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:28 pm

Vidar, you could never offend anyone. It's simply not in your DNA.

Andrew Woodcock

#33 by Clyde Miles , Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:43 pm

well, i have 10 bell and howell tq3 16mm projectors. they all run nice and smooth, having recently replaced three with new worm gears. i cant say they are noisy, they just purr along. once about every two months i alternate and change projectors so they get equal use.

Clyde Miles
Date registered 08.09.2015
home: bromsgrove, worcs, uk
ThankYou 19

#34 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:45 pm

P8 professional anyone??

Andrew Woodcock

#35 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:45 pm

It's hard to ignore you when you reply on every thread, even if you don't know the answer, you chip with "I don't know anything about this projector, but I'm sure someone here does" smiley face. So you see it's hard to ignore you when your all over the forum and the 8mm forum with the same s--te. So what if someone looks in at this they most probly think that's life. Your smug ,I'm fed up with you playing the victim when you know what your doing, your too inteligent not to. You moaned about your Elmo on one thread, yet on another in answer to Tom you say your pleased with it.Let's twist again.

Steve Carter

#36 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:51 pm

Last night I said it performed well!!! Jeez....read the whole bloody lot of it if you're gonna bother to read anything I write at all.

That's all I keep saying in all of this. For whatever reason Steve, you take one or two words I write and twist it into something completely different and totally out of context.

Anyway, if we are to serve our plight to Vidar and his fabulous forum Steve we will simply have to agree to disagree or else what Douglas is saying will be absolutely spot on sadly.

So hopefully back to topic ......sigh.

Andrew Woodcock

#37 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:57 pm

Now to get back on topic " What's your noisiest film projector and what's your quietist ? "
Come its ONLY a hobby after all .

David Hardy

#38 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:04 pm

My noisiest David is sometimes my Beaulieu if you try and feed it shrunken acetate very old stock. It's like chalk and cheese the difference in the way it runs between filmguarded polyester stock and shrunken acetate.

Otherwise I have to say my ST1200 although to be fair, it's noise levels never alter no matter what type of film I feed into it. It's behaviours can, but noise levels are consistent.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:11 pm | Top

#39 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:34 am

You actually said the machine was too loud you could not hear the sound, with everybody gone to bed, your trying to mess with my head and your little gang seconding every thing you say, why don't you read the things you say, then there would not be so much contradiction. Oh and stop the guilt trip using the purpose of this forum, because you do exactly the same on the other forum. I second that myself as I'm the bad guy here.

Steve Carter
Last edited Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:35 am | Top

#40 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:56 am

I thought we had a nice little thing going here, I've just logged in and you two lads are falling out again. If you honestly feel
that you can't be mates, then its early to bed for the pair of you, no biccies, no telly. Honestly, maybe a gap between you is
best. you both have much to offer and are well liked, so for the well being of all, at least beg to differ, keep apart then no
aggro is caused, remember it isn't a closed forum, other folks are taking note, poor 'ol Vidar deserves better than this from
two of his best men.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#41 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:11 am

I have nothing at all to offer, my machine is rubbish, there's only two worthy brands on the planet, I have been accused of not reading properly, twisting things, the list goes on, So I must be of low intellect, but at least when I put my thoughts into writing I stick to what I've said, Guest-gate ring any bells, No?, well he was the most vocal and damming on that thread and yet he gets a personal invite and bigs it up, now if that ain't two faced I don't know what is. If it's not me it will be some-one else further down the line. Just to add, when you have admin rights you can go and alter things.

Steve Carter
Last edited Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:13 am | Top

#42 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:30 am

I do see some of Steve points. Andrew, you were slagging Mr. Guest before you started helping him. No wrong in changing your mind though

Difficult this ... There are block options I think (aren't there?)

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#43 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:42 am

Steve, you make valid points, yes Andrew did make a mistake, he shouldn't have made noises here, then not kept to
his guns elsewhere,that was wrong, okay, we are all made of the same clay, none of us are perfect, I myself have upset many people
in my time (hard to believe I know ) but sometimes when I think back, well I'm not a saint, I am fallible, like us all,
maybe those folk I upset had a point. You two fellows its plain are at loggerheads, okay, so can we keep some semblance of
friendship on here, there are always two sides to any argument, I know that better than anyone, I had to see both sides once
upon a time and reach a compromise with both parties in a dispute. You are both grown men, you both have an interest in a great hobby,
both have differing views on many subjects, as we all do, so all we ask as members of a collective is, we share our knowledge, our views,
help each other where we can, our hobby spans race & religion, so can we sheath the knives and just beg to differ on certain subjects,
if necessary bite our tongue and discuss something else.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:46 am | Top

#44 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:54 am

once and for all for the benefit of Hugh who has just logged in today, I do not "fall out" with anyone here.

I wiont be replying to any of Steve's latest rants here because in doing so would just brand myself as guilty of provocation.
I have never used any of the administration tools available to me to remove, adjust or amend any of my threads.
The only time in fact I have used any of the forum administration tools given to me was once to enable a new member to list his full correct name as his user name on here.

I shall allow Steve to vent his anger for as long as he likes today but ultimately, for the benefit of this forum, I will begin to delete threads that continually aim to disrupt the forum in any way and I will also delete personal insults if they continue to surface beyond today.

No one wants to read any of this juvenile nonsense. So it has to stop.

It's a pity this has to said but enough is enough.

Andrew Woodcock

#45 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:18 am

Yes I agree, but Steve is correct in saying that you were condemning Dave Guest on here, then accepting his invitation to his beano in Blackpool, that was wrong, Andrew, you should have politely told Mr Guest that you couldn't accept his kind offer because of comments made on here. That aside, therefore can I ask that all this "in fighting" has to stop, Andrew, using your power as Admin to delete is not an answer to this dispute, there is more going on here
than we are being made aware of, so, I ask again, pack it in, we asked why other members are not forthcoming with views, no wonder,
you two lads must either get along or keep apart, it is not good for the forum.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:21 am | Top

#46 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:57 am

I Just hope it's an end to this silly carry on, Winbert Hutahaean, a chap from the 8mm forum, he and I had some heated
disputes, real set to's on Doug's forum, one being that idiot that wanted to pour acids etc over film while shown to the public,
if I could have had physical contact, I would have been on a 20 stretch now, Winbert has forgotten our dispute, the point I'm making is, we all have differing views,
a fellow, also on the 8mm forum, I had a quite nasty set to with him, he is a "Geordie", living in the USA, we hated each other,
he advertised for a certain lead for his projector, I had something similar that I offered, it wasn't just right, but he was grateful,
my point is this, we all are different in temperament, views, even hating each others comments etc, but doesn't our hobby surpass all this. I don't know if you fellows have seen a certain Italian western entitled "My Name Is Nobody", in that film is a philosophy, a parable
of a little bird that has fallen from its nest and is cold, a cow shits on the chick and its warm again, a wolf comes by and scoops the little bird out of the mess, then swallows him, the point is, folks that crap on you aren't always bad, people that pull you out aren't always
helpful, but when you're up to the neck in shit, keep your mouth shut! Well, Scott is tired and off to bed, sleep tight all.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:10 am | Top

#47 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:57 am

The whole spat reminds me of a line from my favorite Kubrick film (easy to guess which one:) Gentlemen! There will be no fighting in the War Room!

Douglas Warren

#48 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:04 am

And there you go YOU HAVE THE POWER TO DELETE WHAT DON'T SUIT YOU, your a piece of work, I was warned you always get your own way, and it looks like you do, go delete what you want, but I thought this was a democracy, Andrew the censor has his scissors out, watch what you write for if he doesn't like it, chop, chop, chop. Oh and don't accuse me of ranting, it's just my opinion and I'm entitled to it with-out your threat of deleting, you got things deleted on the 8mm forum when people never pandered to you, now it's the same here. Why would any-one waste their time posting only to think will he get his rubber out. Oh and I don't want to read your continual projector one up manship, but I have to, I can't delete for the sake of the forum???.
And don't blame me for people not posting, perhaps their fed up with the same old my projector does this, my projector can do that...you do my head in...

Steve Carter
Last edited Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:15 am | Top

#49 by Tom Photiou , Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:15 am

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#50 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:26 am

GENTLEMEN !!! Please cease this in forum "personality clash " NOW !!!
Its utterly childish and unjustified and is not doing the forum any favours.
Its supposed to be a FUN and ENJOYABLE HOBBY after all and we don't need any " Prima Donnas" on the forum throwing hissy fits.
I wish I had never asked the question now. I never asked " which members can make the most noise and rant the longest ? "
Anymore of this then I will take further action in one form or another. Its not fair on Vidar or the rest of the members.
The choice is yours . If you need to have a rant on a personal level use the Private Message facility as I don't want to read anymore
stuff like this again. THANK YOU !

David Hardy

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Keep it friendly please.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor