Must be getting soft in my old age!

#1 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:58 am

I watched a recent feature I'd purchased a few months back this evening. It was from an American collector who most already know, Mr Steven Sigel.

The film was City Heat staring Clint Eastwood & Burt Reynolds and as it was Optical Sound Feature I was forced to project it on my "most worthy" and faithful ST1200 M/O.

Anyhow the film thankfully ran flawlessly through the PJ on this occasion and I must be honest in saying I did think to myself, "this machine ain't half bad".

Granted the sound quality wasn't anything to write home about but the dancer settled down within the leader section of the film (unusually) on this one and I have to say, the image quality and steadiness of the frame was spot on! Not bad for a machine that had been in hibernation for 6 months!

Never scratched a frame on this occasion I hasten to add, but equally, I was never more than 100mm from the main switch just in case it chose to have a random "dicky fit" as we all know these can on occasions!

Anyhow, on this occasion at least, I was most pleased with the Elmo ST1200. There, I've said it now.

Attached pictures:
vlcsnap-2015-10-24-01h37m10s31.png  

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:07 am | Top

RE: Must be getting soft in my old age!

#2 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:11 am

Well done you Andrew, it can be a pain when said projector isn't trusted, but I'm glad it worked out, you might just try
the alterations I suggested in a different post, the integrity of the projector isn't compromised, and it gives peace of mind.
"City Heat" is a great film, still have mine, a good team were Clint & Burt, I'd liked to have seen more of the same.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:15 am

I will look to do so in the future Hugh thanks.

It's inspired me to dig out "Lethal Weapon" "Croc Dundee" and "Fish Called Wanda" again, I have to say.
Hopefully, the screen will be back in place this coming week. Cannot wait now!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:49 am | Top

#4 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:04 am

I almost bought the same film from him, but thought his prices were a bit high. Did you pay 150 dollar or so for it?

I really like this film, but only have it on an old PAL Laser Disc (cough)

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#5 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:00 am

No Vidar, not for this one. I think he just began selling the optical features off when perhaps they initially didn't sell.

I cannot remember exactly what I paid but it certainly wasn't as high as 150 dollars

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:05 am | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Question for ALL Members

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor