NO POSTINGS.

#1 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:25 pm

Hi all.
We now have 78 members which is good. We still have a problem though.
A quick "head count" shows that 33 members have not posted anything since joining.
Come on guys there is always something to say. We need " Fresh Topics" and input.
Please don't be shy and don't leave it to the same folk to keep things turning
just like those spools of film.

David Hardy
Last edited Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:25 pm | Top

RE: NO POSTINGS.

#2 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:43 am

It's a problem all the forums suffer from David, folk think its a petition they sign, input seems to be non, beats me why they sign up,
surely they must have an opinion on some aspect of the hobby. I hope we don't come across as boring, there have been some great
topics covered.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#3 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:08 pm

Hello Hugh
Another problem are with those that only post in the Picture Gallery and have not said much so far.
It makes no sense to me joining a FORUM and then say nothing on anything.

David Hardy

#4 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:25 pm

I share your concerns David, but there's not a lot we can do, if people want to contribute, they will. As you rightly say, why join if you
have nothing to add? Myself, I can always find something to add, or find a subject to post, just to keep a bit of conversation flowing.
There might be the rub, conversation, a lot of people find engaging in conversation daunting, a challenge, me, I find keeping stumm a
challenge in itself, the lads I worked with loved the "crack", being able to recount a funny tale used to keep them amused and then someone else chimes in with one of their own, it is a skill we seem to be losing sadly. I have no doubt there are lots of funny tales out there, lots of wisdom too, but they don't seem to want to share it with us.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#5 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:37 pm

Hugh I think the internet and phone texting is partly to blame for lack of conversation in general.
People don't interact the same anymore unless its on Facebook or something.
I think they are losing the art and most basic skills of communication day to day.
So here is the paradoxical question " Why cant they even interact on a website based forum ? "

David Hardy

#6 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:06 am

I wish I could answer that one, but it beats the hell out of me, when you look at the members list, some well known names on there,
but they might as well be not be there, ghosts in the machine, maybe its a competition, join all these forums and add bugger all to any of them, the non de plumes tickle me, if they exist that is, probably as genuine as the letters section in FFTC. Heh Heh.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:08 am | Top

#7 by Clyde Miles , Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:37 am

plenty of members here now, but not enough showing there faces, would be nice to see a face against a message. what are they afraid of?

Clyde Miles
Date registered 08.09.2015
home: bromsgrove, worcs, uk
ThankYou 19

#8 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:54 am

Never mind faces, what about even showing us all your vocal chords!

You post too much you get slated...you don't post at all....

I guess you can't win on places like this!!!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:56 am | Top

#9 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:55 am

You tell us Clyde, if I'd put a piccy up of me I could understand it, I mean we are outspoken on many subjects, we are honest about
certain stuff, but not nasty. I could launch into full flow regarding the EU, but you lads might not be used to the language I'd use.
No, it has me baffled, mind you, it is the same with other forums too, so we needn't feel special about it, I put it down to the human
condition.......... and a bunch of bone idle bastards that can't be bothered to take their collective finger out of their collective arse
and contribute to an Ace forum, there I've said it.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:55 am | Top

#10 by Clyde Miles , Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:59 am

well i would still like to see members faces

Clyde Miles
ThankYou 19

#11 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:02 am

Mine's all over the BFCC Facebook page. Seeing as I nearly never visit FB apart from for the above reason,that suits me just fine!

Wouldn't like to be checking in here each day looking at it, that's for sure!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:04 am | Top

#12 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:12 am

Andrew, I have no doubt like me you are a stunner, I look in the bathroom mirror of a morning and it takes ages before I can drag myself away, what a good looking bastard I am, plus, I'm always right on everything, which you can read in my new book "I love me, who do you like?" to be published shortly ( and don't call me Shortly) Honestly though, these folk joined surely for a reason WHAT THE HELL WAS IT,
PLEASE CLUE US IN.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#13 by Clyde Miles , Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:19 am

my photo is there for all to see, albeit with a yanky helmet

Clyde Miles
ThankYou 19

#14 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:42 am

A good looking lad too, honestly, you look good in the clobber Clyde.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#15 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:42 pm

Hugh , Clyde , Andrew ... there is certainly no lack of input from you guys. hahahahahahaha !!!!

Clyde Miles likes this
David Hardy

#16 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:49 pm

Just as well really David. The forum would be a lonely place without the regulars that's for sure!

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Andrew Woodcock

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Must be getting soft in my old age!

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor