Tarantino wants you to see his film :-) Not the video

#1 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:24 am

http://www.slashfilm.com/different-versi...-hateful-eight/

Cut a different version for the roadshow, which could force some fans to see it non-digital. Too bad it's not happening in Norway, but kudos to Mr. Tarantino for trying to make people see film.

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

Last edited 10.14.2015 | Top

RE: Tarantino wants you to see his film :-)

#2 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:21 pm

This is nothing new in the Cinema Industry even when film was King.
There has always been "Roadshow" versions and then shorter "General Release " versions of some films.
Films such as "The Alamo" and "Its a Mad Mad Mad Mad World" are examples of this .
Good on Tarantino for trying though.

David Hardy

#3 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:28 pm

I agree David, as long as it isn't a cost to the cinema owner, it must be infuriating, good projectors chucked in the skip, digital
brought in, then crying out for film projectors again, who is guilty of all this waste of technology? I suspect the ticket paying public at large, I doubt I would be queuing to see a film now, I don't care to see them on TV when they appear.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#4 by Vidar Olavesen , Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:43 pm

I would go see a film now, but not a digital video. I am hoping Tarantino opens up some eyes and that the people going there, sense the difference in film vs. digital.

Hollywood can go B*L*E*E*P thenselves for what they're doing nowadays. Shoddy filming and editing, senseless uninspiring stories. No substance at all. Money hungry a**holes

Phew ... Always nice to get it out .... FILM FOREVER

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#5 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:54 pm

Gerrit of yer chest Vidar, I agree totally, it is nice to see "proper film", also, it kept a good many people employed, always
a bone of contention with me when folk are cast aside for "progress", which usually means a cost cutting exercise to increase profit margins, no, film has its own feel, full of imperfection, plops, clicks, splices, the odd scratch, jumps in pic and sound, that is probably
why I love it so much, rather like an ugly kid.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:56 pm | Top

#6 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:33 pm

Yes Hugh Thousands of we Projectionist have been chucked on the scrap heap along with equipment.
Then again I guess the industry has thrown the baby out with the bathwater as they have also lost all
our years of experience and "secret" skills. So that's going to be "tuff titty " for them in future I think.
That's if they decide to re-introduce film which they probably wont.

David Hardy
Last edited Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:33 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Film shooting tips

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor