Projections. Is it still going?

#1 by Tom Photiou , Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:12 pm

Projections. Is it still going?
I only ask because looking back at my FFTC mags, i remembered a kind chap putting a small piece in the collectors comments about what a certain tosser called Rex Osborne,( AKA Mr you know who), said about my articles. I never did read it because i had stopped subscribing at that time, but i think i answered him very politely and professionally in the following month.
Does anyone know if it's still around and if so, what are the subs and how do you get it?

BTW. There was a reason why he turned into a twat against me, when it first launched i was asked if i would contribute, i started to but found time was not on my side and i was very loyal to Deranns magazine which i kept going, once i stopped doing projections after a few weeks, he obviously saw my articles continuing in Deranns magazine & i assume he took hombridge to it and, from what i read about, criticised my items, not that i gave a monkeys, i thought it was quite funny,especially as we all knew who this alias asshole was, clearly wanting to hide behind a false identity. He use to wind Mr Wilton up quite a bit to.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: Projections. Is it still going?

#2 by Bill Parsons , Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:50 pm

Tom, projections is still up and running, now edited (very well) by Peter Travers. projections@hotmail.co.uk he makes a very good job of it with uniform printing and has a pretty good team of contributors, it costs £12.50 a year plus 6 A5 SAE’S

Bill Parsons  
Bill Parsons
Date registered 10.07.2015
home: Brookland, Kent, Uk
ThankYou 23

Last edited 10.10.2015 | Top

#3 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:20 pm

That is good news Bill, once upon a time, there were all sorts of little magazines floating about, now sadly there are two we know
of in the UK, Silver Screen was another I think, probably history now.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#4 by Bill Parsons , Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:12 pm

I should have pointed out that projections covers cine and digital.
You mentioned silver screen Hugh, I actually started that off with Colin Fry, he was a newspaper sub editor and made a good job of the magazine but sadly died early on in the silver screen society history, and then Rob Glazier took over the magazine. Things went down hill as time went on and we had a fair share of problems including legal threats, it is far from easy producing a magazine 6 times a year.

Bill Parsons  
Bill Parsons
ThankYou 23

Last edited 10.10.2015 | Top

#5 by Tom Photiou , Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:15 pm

Thanks Bill, i shall be on that one now

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#6 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:08 pm

The name Colin Fry brings back memories, is he the one that lived at The Pantiles , Tunbridge Wells. Wanted to start some sort of group and release films. I wrote to him, and he wanted to know the type of films we thought should be released; I remember he died not long after.

Robert Crewdson

#7 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:13 pm

Yep PROJECTIONS is still alive and kicking. Subscribe now. I was a regular contributor but recent illness
has set me back from writing lately.
It does cover the unmentionables but its a great mag with a great team.
I will be back soon with my articles.

David Hardy

#8 by Bill Parsons , Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:16 pm

Yes Robert, Colin Fry did live at the Pantiles, Tunbridge wells, he was passionate about film and the silver screen society, just before his death he was negotiating with Dave West of DCR Films to produce some exclusive super 8 film releases, but I did not peruse this.
He had regular film shows at the pantiles, he had two Eumig projectors that he performed change over’s on, most of the time without too much of a gap between reels!
I had forgotten that David Hardy had been one of the excellent contributors to the projections magazine, nice to hear you are returning David.

Bill Parsons  
Bill Parsons
ThankYou 23

#9 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:02 pm

Bill thanks for that. In the words of Arnie " I'll be back ". hahaha !!!

David Hardy

#10 by Panayotis A. Carayannis ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:04 am

PROJECTIONS is the successor to SILVER SCREEN in the way that FILM COLLECTOR is the successor to FILM FOR THE COLLECTOR.

Panayotis A. Carayannis

#11 by Dave Alligan , Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:52 am

Hello Bill

Didn't know that Colin Fry was looking to bring out some super 8 releases, don't suppose you know what they were going to be.

Dave Alligan  
Dave Alligan
Date registered 09.23.2015
home: Felixstowe
ThankYou 11

#12 by Bill Parsons , Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:24 pm

It is rather a long time ago Dave for me to remember the titles, but it would have been the sort of classic British films that Dave West specialized in, I know a Norman Wisdom feature was discussed.

Bill Parsons  
Bill Parsons
ThankYou 23

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor