RE: What's your top films on your wishlist?

#51 by Panayotis A. Carayannis ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:44 am

You never can tell what unexpected surprises may appear suddenly. I have bought three Gordon Scott Tarzans,dubbed in Spanish and "beet red", because I like them very much. But I can say that ,from the expensive ones, I would like THE FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS, THE ABYSS and JURASSIC PARK, but only at a reasonable price!
From the others, I would like ASSIGNMENT REDHEAD ,a cheap 1956 adventure, a "guilty pleasure" (although I haven't seen it !!!) because I like Carole Matthews ,whom I had seen in many tv episodes from the late fifties/early sixties, who stars along with Richard Denning. Also I would very much like to find the 13 minute extract, that was cut out from UTOPIA, the American version of ATOLL K. It was issued by L.A. Films, I ordered and paid for it and then they closed down and I never receive it.
And about a hundred others !!!!!

Panayotis A. Carayannis

#52 by Tom Photiou , Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:44 pm

Panayotis your the same as me there, i would pay a good price if it was a reasonable price, i think paying a grand for a film is simply madness no matter what.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 545

#53 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:03 pm

I take your point Tom, but remember these films weren't cheap to start with. I have two on Panayotis list, "Vampire Killers" and "Jurassic", the first was near the £300.00 mark, the second was £350.00, purchased between '91 & '96 that would be getting on for £1000.00 now.
When collectors are paying £200.00 for what amounts to 600' of sound film on a very strange acetate, and kidding themselves they are "keeping the hobby alive" £1000.00 doesn't seem that dear.

Paul Browning likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott

#54 by Paul Browning , Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:13 pm

Hello HUGH, is the Vampire Killers just a spoof of the hammer films ?, this does come around a few times, I know its a derann feature, Polanski was a good director, but he has a
bit of a chequered past to say the least, quite like the horror stuff from the past not this new girlie screaming rubbish, that I could write in ten minutes.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#55 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:51 pm

Hi Paul, no the film is a very enjoyable atmospheric film, has some funny moments, but beautiful cinematography by
Douglas Slocombe and a very memorable film score from Krzytof Komeda, Sharon Tate has never looked lovelier, Alfie Bass
steals every scene he's in and Terry Downes is brilliant as the hunchback helper. The print is a stunner in 'scope and the snow
scenes look good. The magazine "Little Shoppe of Horrors" did a full issue on the film a couple of years ago, still available.
The Count is played by Ferdy Mayne, a credible contender to Christopher Lee. As soon as it was printed, I had mine, would
never part with it, it is a great wintertime film, especially getting near Christmas. I will screen it and take some pics, now I'll
have a bash at putting up some on here. The pics below are from "Black Sunday", aka "Mask of Satan" Mario Bava's equally
atmospheric '60s horror starring the lovely Barbara Steele. Maybe Vidar can put them in the gallery, my fault.

Attached pictures:
P1000019.JPG   P1000021.JPG   P1000025.JPG  

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Paul Browning
Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:55 pm | Top

#56 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:03 pm

Thank you Vidar and Robert, you have both been very patient and helpful, you will regret giving me this new skill boys, I shall
bore everyone stiff!

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott

#57 by Paul Browning , Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:19 pm

Some great screen shots Hugh, ah yes Barbara Steele, was she in an Edgar Alan Poe film with Vincent Price, Black Sunday don't know that one Hugh, looks like a old Universal
horror film, I love those old creaky b/w films.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#58 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:13 am

Yes its a favourite of mine from Mario Bava, a classic of Italian horror and banned in Britain from its release in 1960, it didn't
get shown here until '67, Derann released a beautiful print in std 8 of its British title "Revenge of the Vampire" feature, its
proper title is "Il Masquero Del Demonio", or "Mask of Satan", it kicked off a career for Babs in horror that she still has today.
Anyway Paul, I'll get some shots of "Vampire Killers" posted for you,

Hugh Thompson Scott

#59 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:24 am

I remember hiring that Barbara Steele film as pictured, one of the reels was so out of sync it was many frames out of sync, why would any-one put that on their library shelves and still charge the same price, and when I said about it, he said 'well it's foreign and dubbed', I said 'so even the doors banging shut are done in a different language then', he just shrugged his shoulders and put it back on the shelf.

Steve Carter

#60 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:00 pm

Great screenshots there Hugh, I wish mine would come out like that.

Robert Crewdson

#61 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:13 pm

Robert, I've seen your screenshots and there is nothing wrong with them, they are exemplary, you just didn't see the rest that that I took
that were awful, many of them too. Steve makes the point of films recorded out of sync, wonder why people didn't just put them back in the post for rerecording, on the older Eumigs it didn't present a problem as the loop beneath the gate could be adjusted plus or minus if there wasn't too much drift, but on some projectors it would be a problem, so a return would have been the answer, alas those
very prints are now turning up on ebay no doubt.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:13 pm | Top

#62 by Tom Photiou , Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:29 pm

I think its time for a re-cap now having read back, here is my film wish list,now the Bauer's gone back ive got some dosh coming back to my film fund
Psycho STD 8 feature
Die Hard feature
Silence of the lambs
Jurassic Park
Alien feature
Poltergeist scope feature
And a good colour 400 footer of the china syndrome

I know they wont be easy or cheap

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 545

Last edited 10.10.2015 | Top

#63 by Tom Photiou , Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:11 pm

Oh, & the 400 footer of saturn 3

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 545

#64 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:58 am

Right now, I'd sure like to find the 400' digests of:
"Westworld" (1973)
"Sky Riders" (1976)
"The Seven-Ups" (1973)
...at a reasonable price that is!

Timothy Duncan
Last edited Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 am | Top

#65 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:23 am

Right at this time, Peter Pan & WFRR. Might have a chance with one, now where is the other? Ha ha.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:23 am | Top

#66 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:28 am

Andrew, what is WFRR?

Timothy Duncan

#67 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:38 am

"Who Framed Roger Rabbit". An incredibly difficult Derann Disney feature film to find on Super 8mm, still in top condition!

Andrew Woodcock

#68 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:53 am

"Melody" starring Mark Lester and Tracey Hyde in 16 mm. One of my favorite films and I try to watch it every couple of years.

Douglas Warren

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Welcome to yet a few more members

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor