RE: On Behalf of CHC

#26 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:57 pm

The first time I ever saw an actual catalogue for films, was when our woodwork master asked me to deliver a bundle of booklets to another teacher in class at the far end of the school, I duly did as I was told, halfway there I looked at what I was delivering, titles
of films on reels, little pictures of them, it must have been the Capitol & Castle, Walton stuff, I was hooked. I dropped them off, then
realised that all those films I had seen in "Famous Monsters of Filmland", were available in England, all I needed was the combination to
a Bank vault and I was in business.

The following members like this: Mats Abelli and Clyde Miles
Hugh Thompson Scott

#27 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:15 pm

I used to ask my Dad to cut the Sunday ads from his Sunday Mirror for me.

I was fascinated by the ads of all the latest Super 8 releases that used to feature in them back then...all from London might I add!

Most were 400ft cutdowns but some brilliant titles, The French Connection, Jaws, The Champ, Grease, Star Wars etc etc

As a kid growing up in that era, already heavily into projectors and silent film shows....I was in dreamland just looking at all this stuff!!!

Mats Abelli likes this
Andrew Woodcock

#28 by Tom Photiou , Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:58 pm

That French Connection 400 footer was a great cut down to. unfortunately ours went red so we keep looking out for one that may be on agfa stock. If they ever put it on that stock.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#29 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:15 pm

Famous Monsters of Filmland, an old chap who used to run a book and magazine stall in our local market used to get me these when I was a kid, I think they may still be in the loft, and all those 'Full Face Masks' that were so hard to get over here, and if you could get 'em they were a years paper round money. One of my parents died when I was a kid, so it was pretty tough in our house, I think that's why I won't let things beat me. There was another old Gent who I used to deliver papers to, he had a 'proper' film projector, and he would always ask if I wanted to view the latest film he had got, so, every so often the papers were late, I would get a right bollocking from old 'Skin Flint' the news-agent, but they were happy day's in there own way.

Clyde Miles likes this
Steve Carter

#30 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:03 pm

Hugh like yourself I was happy to find all those Castle / Ken films etc advertised for sale in the pages of Famous Monsters Of Filmland
were for sale at my local Dixons and other photographic shops here in Aberdeen Scotland away back in the 60s.
Up until then I had to make do with buying the Aurora Monster Model Kits and the horror film mags.
The first Castle Films box i held was "FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLFMAN". I couldn't sleep for nights at the thought of owning it
in time. That Cover Art is still terrific to this day for me. Happy Days !!!

David Hardy
Last edited Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:05 pm | Top

#31 by Tom Photiou , Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:28 pm

Right you orrible lot, listen up,
We have all spent hours on this and other forums since i started this post.
so how many of you have also spent ten minutes each of these nights and days starting an article in between your keyboard tapping?. The time you have been on here i know for a fact an article of at least one or two full pages could have also been done?

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#32 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:38 pm

You should read my post on customer service, and why I won't be contributing anything else to CHC. Pressuring people won't work.

Robert Crewdson

#33 by Tom Photiou , Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:43 pm

oh right oh robert. i shall take a look and get back,

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#34 by Tom Photiou , Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:04 am

Robert, i see your point.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#35 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:12 am

It's in progress Tom along with many other things I have on at the moment.

Tom Photiou likes this
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Film Star Wannabee

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor