eBay and seller descriptions

#1 by Vidar Olavesen , Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:59 am

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

This is for me, not minor wear. I think at least Mr. Hardy would agree :-)

Very Good
Seller Notes:
“Checked on an 8mm viewer, ply-able and still useful, no smell, only minor wear. Box Good light wear. Guaranteed to Play Good or your money back.”

Werbung: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-8-Movie-Re...91531?#viTabs_0

The following contents have been linked to this post::

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

RE: eBay and seller descriptions

#2 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:17 pm

I agree Vidar, that's not minor wear.

Robert Crewdson

#3 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:53 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

There's a thread on 8mm Film Tech, in which a member is criticised for his descriptions of projectors on Ebay. I think the projector was an Eiki NT1, and the seller said it was the best; with a 2 claw pull down. Members were asking , how can a 2 pull claw down of the Eiki be better than the 3 claw pull down of B&H; also David Guest joined in the conversation saying that each time the seller advertises a projector he describes it as the Rolls Royce of projectors, regardless of what make/model, etc. a bit further down on the 16mm page David Guest states that he is putting the best ever 16mm projector on Ebay: another member provided the link to Ebay. Turns out to be an Eiki RT1. So it would appear that this is the Rolls Royce of projectors, and a question, if I was still in that forum would be 'Are two claws better than three?'.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Robert Crewdson
Last edited Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:53 pm | Top

#4 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:29 pm

Well said Robert, I think I' be sticking my "two claws" up at the suggestion that the Eiki or "Elf" is the Rolls Royce of 16mm, hardly.
A workmanlike machine, but not gentle with film to the extent of other projectors, put it down to sales talk, I have the same projector,
but prefer B&H any day. The film Vidar spotlights, is just like the 8mm films I had after their encounter with the "Horipet" scratch machine.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:31 pm | Top

#5 by Vidar Olavesen , Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:32 pm

Was the Bauers also with more claws?

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#6 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:00 pm

Interesting (but terribly misleading) how some eBay sellers will use the same description over and over to describe a product.Chalk it up to laziness (or ignorance of items being sold.) Either way buyer beware I say.

Douglas Warren

#7 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:05 pm

I didn't like that David Guest was criticing the seller, Robert Tucker, then doing the same thing himself.

Robert Crewdson

#8 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:10 pm

Regarding Vidar's enquiry of number of claws on the Bauer, I don't know, but they are a very nice machine Vidar by all accounts and
much sought after. I'll check that question out.

Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Hugh Thompson Scott

#9 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:11 pm

Hi Vidar, the Bauer's are three claw machines.

Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Hugh Thompson Scott

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Another supplier

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor