its a mad mad loony loony world

#1 by Tom Photiou , Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:38 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Here is a classic ebay laugh
Werbung: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231652226442?e...423ccadb0e&cp=1

I couldn't resist, i had to ask the guy if this was correct as you could get it from dealers for a whole lot less and the reply i got was,
Yes that's my price!

Once again i have to say if he had started it at 20-30£ and it went up to well over a hundred then fair enough but who are these people that continue to insult the collector with these stupid start prices.
Good film though, i have it myself & in scope so i wont be bidding

The following contents have been linked to this post::

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 545

RE: its a mad mad loony loony world

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:42 pm

That went for about 15 GBP in our club auction :-)

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

#3 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:00 pm

Point taken, but just now, a seller of "Dawn of the Dead", kicked off with his sale at $250.00 and sold it for $280.00, granted the soundtrack has been redubbed into English, but it shows how a rare film can be worth a lot to the right collector, I myself paid £160.00 for the 2x400
of "City of the Living Dead", a Lucio Fulci gore fest, also redone, but a film I had only dreamt of owning, suddenly presented itself, as rare as rocking horse droppings, but for me, was a must have. Folks only pay what they will for items they wish to own, I often think
the "Star Bores" brigade have more money than sense, but that is their interest.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:02 pm | Top

#4 by Tom Photiou , Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:23 pm

That is very true Hugh, rare films are worth a lot more but Mad mad world is not at all rare. At least i don't think it is.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 545

#5 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:36 pm

I have been thinking its maybe other dealers working in tandem with other dealers in order to pump up "false price values".
I think its going on in all aspects of collecting whether it be records , books , comics and of course films.

David Hardy

#6 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:54 pm

You're right Tom, it isn't rare, but as you know a lot of prints are faded red, so going by this listing, the price is about what a print
over here would go for. The screenshots look nice, Vidar is very lucky in that film is very cheap in Norway, but quite expensive elsewhere, we ought to give our Vidar lists of what we want.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:55 pm | Top

#7 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:09 am

I need to check my two reels soon to see if the colour is still holding on my CinemaScope prints.

David Hardy

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Film books

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor