David Beckham Actor?

#1 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:22 am

Had word yesterday that Guy Ritchie is making a film about King Arthur, and David Beckham has been offered a part?

Robert Crewdson

RE: David Beckham Actor?

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:07 am

Ha ha ha Robert!
I do have a tiny amount of respect for Mr Beckham given how generally, he has conducted his affairs and made his life so successful in this ultra image conscious world of ours nowadays, however...Laurence Olivier he is not!

Andrew Woodcock

#3 by Tom Photiou , Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:16 pm

I'll be avoiding that film.

What an insult to the hundreds of real actors, unfortunately i am in the minority of people who cannot stand the man, he is over hyped and well over paid. At the end of the day he was/is a footballer, he never won the world cup for England so what he had on his side was a very good PA person.

Its simply an insult to real actors and is probably been offered the role either because he is a mate of Guy Ritchie or the director has been offered money to put him in a film, but nothing surprises me lately,
If he gets the role i hope it flops, that'l teach Guy Ritchie a lesson for making a stupid decision

Mats Abelli likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 545

#4 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:04 pm

I would think Beckham is more wooden than the table they'll be sitting around, unless that's the part he's landed, the round
table! Anyway, King Arthur would be well advised to seat him well away fro Chalices, Goblets or Cups, he lost us two to my
knowledge. If they do any blue screen, he'll disappear with all the tattoos and menu's from Chinese Chip shops written on him.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Mats Abelli
Hugh Thompson Scott

#5 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:06 pm

LMAO

Andrew Woodcock

#6 by Vidar Olavesen , Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:14 pm

Guy Ritchie doesn't learn, does he? Didn't he make a film with Madonna. That should have taught him a lesson

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

#7 by Barry Attwood ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:14 pm

He's actually already filmed his part in the film, and Guy Ritchie is said to be pleased with the result, but I doubt it is more than a cameo.

Barry Attwood

#8 by Tom Photiou , Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:41 pm

Madonna! Yep, he ended up marrying her then promptly getting divorced.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 545

#9 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:47 pm

I don't think they had Court Jesters in those days. I am not a football fan myself, but I noticed when I used to watch the World Cup that 3rd rate countries, and those new to football were better at it than we are. The last time I watched the World Cup England were always on the defence rather than the attack, and when a player gets anywhere near the rival team's goal, he finds he has no one to pass the ball to.

Robert Crewdson

#10 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:09 pm

David Beckham ? Was that the guy that used to "act" as a football player for England ?
Is he not married to some woman who "acted" as a pop music singer ?

Vidar Olavesen likes this
David Hardy
Last edited Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:09 pm | Top

#11 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:14 pm

Neither of them gave a very convincing performance.

Robert Crewdson

#12 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:23 pm

I would think David Beckham is financing this film, I mean, he can't string two words 'togevver, know what I mean', I can only guess that any nude scenes will either be body doubled or shot from the neck up, or a ton of body make up, or paint even, to cover up his his little
body that resembles the Sunday Supplement. That aside, isn't Guy Ritchie attempting to remake "The Man From Uncle", how can they replace Robert Vaughn & David McCallum, I shudder to think. Thankfully, we are spared all this crap on our film gauges. Regarding the
King Arthur carry on, I still think the best rendition was the TV series "Arthur of the Britons", a realistic take on the legend, at the time,
I was a decent look alike for Oliver Tobias as Arthur, with hair like a tart at the time, how times change.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:31 pm | Top

#13 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:57 pm

I wonder how they can re-make a lot of programmes, like The Avengers. The Beckham's named their son Brooklyn, because they were in Brooklyn when he was born; I always think he was lucky they weren't staying in Ashby-de-la-Zouche.

Robert Crewdson

#14 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:02 pm

Or even my nearby town of Cockermouth!!!

Hugh Thompson Scott

#15 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:12 pm

I was there for a couple of hours in the 70s during a week in Lakeland.

Robert Crewdson

#16 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:37 pm

I only wished we had known each other, you'd have been more than welcome,

Hugh Thompson Scott

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Help with Lens problem

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor